Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 144 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 148 reviews
on September 1, 2012
I have a Macbook pro, but I have an older Sennheiser gaming headset. The headset has stereo connections for mic and audio, but the MacBook only has a single combined mic/audio port. I was really bummed out until it occurred to me to search for an adapter.

I found this one and instantly bought it. I don't have any regrets, it works like a champ.

You plug the audio and mic connectors from your headset into this device, and then you plug the device into your computer or USB hub.

When the device is plugged into your Mac, you'll have a new audio output device "Via USB Audio" and a new audio input device "Via Mic Array" in your audio preferences. You just select these and go.

Overall, it's brain dead simple- no software to install, and it just works with Mac audio.

I have never tried it with PC so I can't comment how it works there.
on January 16, 2015
I ordered one of these and it worked great, can't ask for anything better. Then decided to order 2 more of these (as the first one worked out so well). The microphone doesn't work at all, tried it on at least 5 different MacBook Pros throughout the office, also tried the old one on a few of those machines and it worked great still. Found out the old one was the 0.9 hardware version of this product, and the new ones are the 1.0 hardware version of the product. Beware as they look identical, you must run this command to find the difference "system_profiler SPUSBDataType". I recommend against buying it here, as they seem to only provide the 1.0 version of the product.
on December 10, 2015
I ordered this USB audio adapter when my MacBook Pro headphone jack stopped working, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I almost ordered a different audio adapter which was a little cheaper, but I realized that it was so wide that it would block both of the usb jacks on my MBP. This one avoided that problem because it has a normal sized usb plug and a "dongle" where you plug in your headset and/or microphone.

I mostly needed it for regular headphones (listening only), but I have also tested it with headsets and microphones, and it works perfectly. The plugs fit securely with no jiggle or movement. The recording was clear with good volume and no extraneous noise or hiss. I wouldn't use this set up to record a podcast, but that's simply because I'd want to use a better microphone than those with a 3.5 mm plug like this uses.

The iLuv adapter is a very economical solution if your headphone jack has died. The quality is everything I needed and is at least equal to the quality of the original jack.
on January 25, 2015
The unit I receive may have been defective but there is constant static from the microphone port that results in a low frequency sound on a Playstation 4. It is not tolerable for others to deal with the sound it creates so the device is useless to me.

On the flip side the headphone port works fine but that kind of defeats the purpose of the adapter altogether.
on November 25, 2012
As a Windows game, I'm unfortunately left with having to use Parallels and/or boot camp to game on my new iMac. Rather than having to buy some new expensive USB headset, I really wanted to use my existing analog headset (a Sennheiser) that I've had for a while. I tried one of the headset adapters that takes the mic and headphone jacks from my headset and combines them in to one (basically making it an iPhone headset) and this worked fine while in Mac OS but Windows didn't recognize the mic when in bootcamp. Instead, Windows sent sound to the headset but pulled Mic from the iMac's built-in mic.

Using the iLuv, I'm now able to use my old headset in Mac and Windows (both bootcamp and Parallels)! Sound quality is very good and I'm able to toggle between headset and built-in audio components of the iMac without having to unplug the headset. Just hold down the "Option" key and click the speaker icon on the Apple menu and you can easily change output and input sources.
on January 27, 2014
I bought my Tritton Kunai headset last month, but I noticed that my iMac didn't have an audio in port (however I did have a broken MacBook that did have an audio in port--I don't know why they did away with it). I, knowing that the internet is basically my home, looked for and audio adapter. In specific, something like the iLuv USB audio adapter. Unlike the griffin iMic, which was actually my first option, it looked really solid and nice. I prefer not to have so much wires on my desk, so I decided to buy this one. Based off most reviews, it worked for everyone else. And it did for me. It came in today, wrapped nicely and packaged neatly like any product in your local electronics store. Instructions were plain and easy to understand if you have basic knowledge of what you plug into your USB port. Pretty obvious. The adapter maintains its design with the iMac with the silver/white "coat". Although, I preferred it be slightly stronger since it wobbled just a tad bit, but that doesn't really affect anything. So far, its amazing and fairs well. All you need to do is connect it to your computer and switch your audio preferences (input) to the adapter and you're good to go. After a month, I finally got to use the detachable mic on my Kunai.
on December 5, 2013
I have a Mac Mini that is running 10.6.8 and it lost its sound somehow. You know, the internal sound works, but when you plug speakers or headphones in, no sound device. EASY PEASY... Plug this into USB, go into System Preferences, Sound, Output and select this which will be there. Thats it... Sound that may be better than the original. Love It... Have not tried the Microphone yet.
But for the number of hours I spent searching the internet for solutions to my sound problem, this is inexpensive and well worth it.
on June 2, 2017