Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 7, 2016
These are my absolute favorite set of earphones. I initially bought a pair of black ones years ago (I don't even remember where) and used them all the time. Unfortunately because I used them so much, the ear piece eventually broke and I was unable to fix it. It wasn't a huge deal at the time because they were fairly cheap.

Then I learned that the iLuv Bean model had been discontinued. Of course they discontinue my favorite pair of headphones! Luckily I was able to find these orange ones on Amazon. They were MUCH more expensive than the original ones I bought (due to being discontinued) and I was only able to find them in this orange color, but hey, whatever as long as they work.

The double-flange shape of the rubber earbud piece is awesome and really creates a seal inside your ear to block out noise and give the best sound possible. The small bean shape of the earphone also fits great inside my ear and doesn't move or go anywhere. I've worn these to the gym, running, and while doing other daily tasks and have never had a problem with them falling out.

I wish I could recommend that everyone go out and buy a pair, but I guess that would be useless as they are discontinued!! Maybe iLuv will bring back this model in the future.
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 6, 2013
The most important thing to know about these ear buds is that they do not increase the volume of the device they are plugged into. They only adjust whatever volume the device is putting out. I wasn't certain of that when I bought them so I figured others might have the same interest.

The ear buds work find and cannot be beaten for the price. The fit into the ears snugly and they stay there which was most important to me. They are being used with a motorcycle helmet. Instead of the helmet pulling them out of my ears when the helmet was put on like the old ear buds, these stick into the ear strong enough and have a low enough profile that if I am careful the helmet goes right on my head without pulling them out.

I use them for GPS navigation so I don't have much of an opinion on the music sound quality. The music sounds like music. I don't hate any part of the sound.

They have a nice little clip on the volume control for hooking to your clothing. It is a small flimsy plastic clip that will break if you pull on it, so be careful.

I would buy more pairs if I lost these or they broke.
on March 8, 2014
I'm always a bit iffy when it comes to ordering things online... will I love it or will I hate it? Hmmmm! Well, these exceeded my expectations. Mostly because I completely underestimated how awesome a volume control knob on my earbuds would be! I love that thing. I can get perfectly customized volume, rather than the obnoxious jumps in volume many devices have. Also, if I'm watching a movie on my laptop, rather than having to fish around for the volume on my laptop, I can just scroll up/down easily to avoid complete deafness during victory scenes and then getting completely lost during quiet/emotional/diologgy scenes (anybody else HATE that?!)
One thing I should mention is that the picture shows a nice eastery blue-green sort of color. These puppies are GREEN green. Like, lime green. But I really couldn't care much less about color, so it don't make me no nevermind. But that might be a big deal to someone else, so now you know ;)
At this point in time I cannot speak to longevity, due to the fact I've only had them a couple months. But I can at least attest that they don't go bad within 2 months. So long as you treat them right.
Sound quality is fine for me. I'm not super picky about it... I know some people are very particular about certain sounds, (bass in particular. I do love me some bass but I don't expect earphones to have a built in sub woofer) They aren't particularly tinny, nor does it sound like you're listening to something through a drainpipe, so I'm a happy camper!
on January 22, 2016
I've used these earbuds for years and they still work great! I bought these because normal earbud are too big and hurt my ear canals, and these were the perfect fix for this with the small, flexible buds! The color is a lime green and not at all like the mint green pictured, which I was a bit disappointed in. It's also notable that these make my ears itch pretty bad too, which doesn't usually happen for me with headphones, so I wonder if the earbuds are made of latex (I'm allergic). I ended up buying Yurbuds which have also worked great for me, but I think that these earbuds would be awesome for the average user!
on January 8, 2014
I have used Sony earbuds with volume control for years. They are very comfortable and hold up well to walking, jogging and other exercise routines. They are more expensive than these iLuvs, but the real problem is that Sony has stopped making them with a volume control. So, I thought I would give these a try, especially since the reviews are decent, if not outstanding. Unfortunately, I have found these so uncomfortable that I haven't worn them long enough to comment on the other features. None of the iLuv ear pieces were any where near as comfortable as the Sony. I did like the clothing clip, but I long ago figured out that I could use a clip from a name tag holder for the same purpose. I also found the cord to be rather stiff, although this would not be a show stopper. The poor fit is a show stopper.
on October 20, 2013
I'm very pleased. I use these mostly for talk radio and Song Pop. I love Song Pop and you need to really hear the music. They are comfortable. I have tiny ears and finding good earbuds is a real challenge for me. I like to buy the brightest colors because they are so easy to lose in your pocketbook or anywhere. These are really pretty, lightweight and music sounds great, too, although I am by no means an audiophile. I just know what I like.

I need good ones that are not expensive because my dogs think they are candy and they dont last too long. These give me everything I am looking for and dont kill me when they are eaten.
One person found this helpful
on July 19, 2010
I bought these to replace the cheap(work supplied)headphones I use at work to play my music and block out the noise around me. So far they are a good value. Music sounds good unless you really crank it up to almost max. But even at the higher settings they sound good. My only issue is the cord is too short. But on the other hand they are designed for a Ipod not a desktop.
They fit me well with the standard ear ends. But it does come with different sizes for smaller or bigger ears in the package.
I bought a spare set in case these break. But I do not yank on the wires to remove the buds or throw them around. Hey for $4 I can buy new ones every month.

8/5/11 Update: The left ear bud died today. It had been cutting out for about 2 days. So I got a year of daily use (5-8hrs a day)out of them. BTW They sounded better after some use.I still think they were a good deal. I'll see how long my spare set lasts.
on September 30, 2014
Was looking for inexpensive headphones with adjustable volume, so I could avoid having to reach for my phone or ipod's volume controls while working out. The clip on the back of the volume dial is a nice feature - keeps the dial where you can reach it, and keeps the cord from flapping around as much. I've had these for about a year now, with intermittent use, and they've worked great for my needs.

PS The wire reel is removable.
One person found this helpful
on March 9, 2015
1 Star because of the quality - they broke after ~14 days (used about 5-6 times in total sitting at my desk- AKA: used VERY lightly).
The connection point where the cord meets the center (where the cord splits to each bud) peeled away after a few days leaving the wires exposed and the sound suffered because the wires were poorly placed.
The clip is fragile, and didn't stay well on thin or regular shirts - I was afraid to use it because I thought it might break. I am sour because I had to pay a restocking fee for a faulty product - be sure to check the refund policy if you're worried these won't stand up to your standards. The only decent thing about these buds is the little "pea pod' the cord wraps around for storage.
on July 16, 2013
I have tiny ear canals and most earphones are just uncomfortable. These come with an extra set of rubber ear pieces that are just perfect. I can even sleep with these in! Sound quality seems good to me. Didn't realize there was a volume control on the cord til I had no volume from accidentally turning it off while sleeping. Once I realized where the control was I was able to adjust the volume and manipulate the cords so it didn't happen again. These are great little earphones. I now own 2 sets
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.