Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 13, 2012
The product seemed pretty cool when I unpackaged it. It felt robust and the crystals did make it feel cooler than the room temperature. I have software that measures the temperature of the computer and I was pleased when I saw that it drop 5 degrees Celsius when I put the pad. I thought it was the greatest invention ever, until 30 minutes later when the temperature rose about 15 degrees Celsius, which is 10 more than what my computer usually is at.

I checked the pad and all the crystals were melted. It made sense that the computer was getting hotter because the design of the pad kept the air from flowing. Besides, since the crystals were warm now, it contributed to increase the temperature of the computer. When I took the pad off, the temperature cooled down to normal.

I just give it two stars because the next day I discovered that the crystals were solid again and the pad was cool again. Maybe for computers that don't get as hot as the MBP 17 inches it does work, I don't know. I returned mine.
on October 17, 2011
This is sooooo awesome! I love this thing. I really wanted to get this because then I wouldn't have to pack an electronic that can damaged in the packing and unpacking process, like so many other cooling fans have suffered. This really does what it says it does! You can fold it in half or quarters and it does keep my computer cooler with out the noise! I definitely recommend this!!!!!
on May 4, 2015
Love it. Keeps your lap cool when on the laptop
on July 3, 2013
you never have to worry about plugging anything into the wall and so far I have not had to put it into the freezer yet. Great product!
on September 23, 2013
This is the very thing I was looking for to use when I am working on my computer in my lap. it helps keep my legs from getting too hot. I don't use it for long periods of time.
on February 26, 2015
did not work!!
on July 30, 2014
The gel was hard on parts of it so it didn't function as it was supposed to. It did however work ( the parts that weren't hardened)
on April 23, 2013
I didn't anticipate much and to my surprise it works very well. I have a notepad too so nice can fold it half and fits perfectly. And the best part is, it works.
on January 25, 2012
Bought this item for Christmas. I've had it for only one month and it started foaming out of the side and got all over everything. I had to throw it away.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2012
This 17 inch iMicro Laptop Cooling Pad was purchased as a birthday gift for my daughter. I earlier purchased the smaller size, same brand, from Amazon for myself. I really do like it. The fan was a hassle. This is nice. I keep it in the refridgerator when not in use. It comes in a tough, handy re-usable zip-lock plastic envelope. This really makes a difference in my laptop, and keeps me cooler too when I actully have my laptop in my lap.
My laptop used to quit, as did my daughter's when they got too warm. What a difference these have made. It is filled with a grannule of some sort that seems to freeze even in the refer. You can check the status of the pad through a little round window. The grannuals s l o w l y as they warm up. I get several hours out of it. I strongly reccomend this product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.