- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (January 22, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118508807
- ISBN-13: 978-1118508800
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.2 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,798,946 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
iOS 6 Application Development For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
From iPad to iPhone and iPod touch, it's all about iOS isn't it time you tapped into the fun?
There's no time like now to get involved in app development. iOS 6, Xcode, the storyboard feature, and this book make it easy to develop apps with less code than ever. Two Apple experts guide you through the development process and help you take advantage of the latest app features. You'll get the know-how to create show-stopping apps and turn your ideas into reality!
- Explore the IDE discover how iOS apps are structured, understand the new features, and learn what makes a great iOS app
- Start building meet Interface Builder and see how to lay out the entire user experience and application flow
- Flesh out the framework make your app do something, customize the controls, add sound and animation, and connect the elements to application code
- Add navigation be aware of the differences between the iPhone and iPad so the app runs flawlessly on both
- Expand your horizons explore all the ways to add functionality to your app and make use of iOS 6's robust feature set
Open the book and find:
- What you need to start creating iOS apps
- A tour of new Xcode® features
- Examples of real-world applications
- How the main components of an iOS app go together
- All about using storyboards
- What you should know about Split View controllers
- Ways to pull web content into your app
- Ten tips for being a happy developer
- Download and work with the iOS SDK
- Create a universal app for the iPhone® and iPad®
- Optimize app performance and functionality for each device
- Provide an excellent user experience
About the Author
Neal Goldstein is a recognized leader in making cutting-edge technologies practical. His many book credits include iPhone Application Development For Dummies and Objective-C Programming For Dummies. Dave Wilson has been developing and teaching advanced technologies for more than 20 years. He also trained developers at Apple.
Top customer reviews
This book is giving me chance to see the forest, rather than just the trees. I have a better perspective now, which is a relief.
One more thing, when I was stuck and couldn't figure out something, (I spent time trying to on my own first, which is important) Neal Goldstein was fast, helpful and encouraging in answering my queries by eMail.
For the absolute beginner, I strongly recommend this book!
Save you $20 and find some free tutorials on the internet. Or better still find a book that is actually helpful.