- Paperback: 552 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (December 10, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118449959
- ISBN-13: 978-1118449950
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 9 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,135,346 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits: Advanced Application Development for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
" The authors instill good programming practices throughout, examining not just how to write code, but why to write it in a particular way... " (BCS, March 2013)
From the Back Cover
WHY SETTLE FOR GOOD MOBILE APPS WHEN YOU CAN BUILD EXTRAORDINARY ONES?
iOS is the hottest development platform around, and now iOS 6 adds a new, deeper dimension to explore. A serious book for serious programmers, iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits takes you beyond the basics to reveal advanced iOS 6 features and programming techniques not covered in most other development books. Long-time mobile developers Rob Napier and Mugunth Kumar share everything they know about creating killer apps for all Apple mobile devices. Including how to:
- Support the new iPhone 5
- Interact with the Objective-C runtime
- Secure your data with Security Services
- Create amazing animations
- Maximize your impact with Core Text
- Make the most of collection views
- Tune your application’s performance and squash the bugs
- Create high performance apps for any RESTful web service
- Implement super-fast caching in regions with spotty network connectivity
- Unlock the power of Core Foundation
Not a book for the timid, or for novice developers, iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits takes you deep inside the latest iOS version and helps you get to grips with powerful tools to push the limits of your mobile development skills.
Top customer reviews
I was particularly disappointed with the chapters on iCloud sync - this chapter did not offer any insight into Core Data iCloud sync which is one of the touted advances in iOS6. Nor did it go over any of the pitfalls of implementing. It was obvious that the authors did not have any first hand experience with implementing iCloud sync for Core Data in any of their launched projects.