Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 397 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 428 reviews
on June 5, 2014
I have an older iPad and protected it with a Smart Cover. When I got an iPad Air I immediately looked up the Smart Cover for Air on Amazon and the reviews almost put me off. Reports of falling off the table, not turning the iPad off etc. you know what I'm talking about if you've read the reviews. I "asked questions" and got all positive answers. I went ahead and bought it and I love it! I like it even more than the original. For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone had the type of problems I saw in reviews. Were they putting it on upside down? Backwards? On the wrong iPad? I actually tried to duplicate the stated "problems" and couldn't.

Have no fear - this is a great cover.
on December 29, 2015
The finish and the packaging on this product are pretty convincing but it is not, to directly quote the seller, "the real deal". The seller is misleading customers. The only way this product is a genuine Apple product is if the cover is a factory second. The magnets barely work, and I can't stress "barely" enough. I have four genuine Apple-made covers and compared to them, this thing is a floppy piece of crap that has weak, garbage magnets.

I don't care, who made it, honestly. My issue is that they masqueraded their product as being from a source known for uncompromisingly high quality, they charged for it accordingly, and then they delivered me a substandard product.
on August 27, 2015
This is a cover, not a case. That needs to be said and understood by anyone looking to purchase this product. This cover provides great protection to the front of the device, but leaves the back open to any damage that you may cause to it. We purchased this for our iPad Air, but found that after a few months of toddler use, it wasn't right for us. This is a great product as it works as designed, but we needed something that also covered the back of the device. If you are worried about your device scratching or if you're concerned about dropping it, spend the extra money and get a case that fully protects the device.

Some of the pros of the device are that it wakes your device when the cover is opened and puts it to sleep when the cover is closed. It is a foldable cover design that allows you to use the cover as a keyboard stand. The case is soft microfiber that helps keep your screen clean. The cover is also magnetic, so it stays on your device without issue of it falling off.

Again, if you are looking for a cover, this is a great product for you. If you are looking for a case that provides greater protection, spend the extra money and ensure your device is secure.
on February 21, 2015
Best covers for ipad air 2. Let's get this out of the way, it will not help in drops or dings, but will protection screen and saves battery life. The ipad air 2 was meant to be light, my wife and I didn't want to add bulk to it. We don't care as much if the back gets scratched, we just wanted a pristine screen. This fits the bill. There is a reason why this cover is not made by some third party Chinese company (smart cases are). Go look it up. It attaches very easily with strong magnets. Stays closed with weaker magnets that tells the battery to shut down.
on November 8, 2014
UPDATE 2: I bought this iPad cover on November 2, 2014. It fell apart on May 14, 2016, as the hard magnetic strip (that holds it to the iPad) became detached from the cover, forcing me to throw it away. I'm not sure what the life expectancy of an iPad cover should be, but, for the record, this one lasted only 18 months.

UPDATE: The chemical smell disappeared after a few days, and hasn't been a problem.

This black cover works well enough, but it has an odd, strong chemical smell that is still lingering days after I took it out of its packaging. Otherwise, things are fine. It attaches to the iPad well (with less of a click than the original), it lies flat, it turns the iPad on & off as it should when you lift the cover, it fold into a stand, as expected. But that smell is a definite problem. If it doesn't go away soon, it could be a deal-killer.
on January 14, 2014
I didn't do much research and just bought it with the idea it is an Apple product made for another Apple product so it must be good.

Well, I was wrong. The cover functions as a cover just fine but it does *not* work well as a stand. Within 5 seconds of setting it up as a vertical stand, it collapsed and dinged the corner of my ipad when it hit my laptop. -Yes, it was set up right, there isn't much to set up wrong. Then I tried using it horizontally to prop it up for typing. This didn't collapse but the rubber holding the cover to the magnet seems to be flimsy. The result is that the ipad wobbles as I type like a table with one leg slightly longer than the other. Lastly, the cover magnets are not that strong and allows the cover to slide around the screen of the ipad. Sure, the inside is soft felt material that also happens to be a dirt/what ever is on the table magnet.

This feels like a $8 china cover with a $40 apple price tag, I only give it 2 stars because it functions as a cover decently.
on March 6, 2015
When I bought my IPad Air a bought a folio case in a local store, because I wanted to see what I was buying. The case was well constructed and beautiful to behold. It provided excellent protection, but compromised functionality. The case covered to the edge of the screen, limiting access to the notification screen and the control center. The Smart Cover provides excellent protection for the front of the pad with little added weight. Addition of the Switcheasy Coverbuddy makes the perfect combination. Lightweight, good protection, and good looking at a price less than my first case. I should have delayed my purchase until after reading Amazon reviews. The combination looks like they should have come from Apple.
on July 16, 2017
So I ordered the black color iPad Air Smart Cover not only did it show up late but the cover was re-packed. The color says black and then the "sticker" they put over apples original sticker say black but the cover is the space grey version not black. Not happy. Would not recommend buying from FirsrOrder_NoSalesTax. You can see from the included pictures what I'm talking about for color it is a true grey.
review image review image
on October 4, 2015
This is what I was looking for to begin wth. After buying two non-Apple covers that didn't meet my expectations, I finally found this and now I have a Smart Cover that actually allows me to stand my IPad Air 2 up without it suddenly crashing flat on the table, or requiring me to fold a vinyl tab into a slot on the back of the cover/case every time I stand it up for "hands free" convenience. The magnets are strong enough to do what it is made to do. I'm a happy camper.
on March 27, 2014
Like many others, I had the iPad smart cover for the iPad 2. And, like many others, I agree that the original performed better. With that said, I still like the overall performance of the iPad Air smart cover. I've had no issues with the magnetic strip staying connected to the iPad Air, like others have experienced. Also, if you're going to use the cover to elevate the iPad from a flat-laying position, it seems to work just fine. I can't comment on using it as a stand where the iPad is at about a 75 degree angle. My guess is that with only 3 panels (compared to the 4 panels that the original had), the support may not be there. Again, I just use the cover to elevate the iPad at a slight tilt when watching a movie / playing a game (i.e. on an airplane back-of-the-seat tray). Overall, I feel the performance is almost as good as the iPad smart cover for the iPad 2 for what I use it for. That discrepancy, and the fact that it is a higher-priced original Apple item, warrant it 4 stars rather than 5.