Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "iPad For Seniors For Dummies” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 48% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
iPad For Seniors For Dummies 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Windows 10 For Dummies Video Training
Get up to speed with Windows 10 with this video training course from For Dummies. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Featured Bonus Content - Click Images to Enlarge
From the Back Cover
- Navigate your iPad, get connected, browse the web, and use e-mail
- Make FaceTime video calls and stay in touch with Facebook and Messages
- Play games, watch movies, take and share photos, and use Siri
IN FULL COLOR!
It's portable, it's intuitive, and it's fun. It's the incredible iPad — and here's the guide to get you started!
The iPad is a cool tool for the 50+ crowd. It's small enough to take anywhere and packs a powerful punch. This friendly book walks you through your iPad's features — from fun stuff like sending e-mail and texts, sharing photos and video, and enjoying games, books, apps, and movies to creating Reminders, managing your calendar, and beyond.
- Start out right — explore the multitouch interface and get familiar with the built-in apps and Control Center
- The online world — shop, plan a vacation, watch the news, or just have some fun surfing the web with Safari
- Go mad for media — fill your iPad with your favorite music, books, photos, games, and TV shows and sync it all with iCloud
- On track — remember appointments and important dates with Reminders and manage your schedule with Calendar
- Your helper — ask Siri to pick a good restaurant, respond to your e-mail, or notify you when it's time to go
Open the book and find:
- Useful features for those with vision or hearing challenges
- Everything about sharing files and photos with AirDrop
- How to keep your iPad safe
- Help making FaceTime video calls
- How to share information with Messages and social media
- Advice on staying organized with Calendar and Notes
- Ways to get from Point A to Point B with Maps
- Secrets for making friends with Siri
Top Customer Reviews
Both books for their theme have iPad device, allowing the reader to learn in the shortest time how to use iPad Air, iPad with Retina Display, iPad 2 and earlier iPad models.
“iPad For Seniors For Dummies” puts special emphasis on the elderly, therefore in certain topics entering deeply into the detail, that is reasonable considering the audience it addresses, that are not used to gadgets and all technological revolution that has occurred in recent years.
Although I'm not part of the audience for whom this book is written, I especially like its beginning where the author in an intuitive and user-friendly way is explaining how to choose the model of the iPad and its accessories, together with all of their characteristics on which attention should be paid depending on the user's interests.
After such interesting start, the authors in second big chapter included information about most important options setting, about Internet browsing and e-mail communication, how to get social with your cool gadget, how to purchase things and what are the most useful applications that can be found in App Store.
In following chapter, audio / video media is discussed, how to use iPad as e-book reader, how to play music and browse photos, watch videos and play games.Read more ›
This book did all I expected, gave me more confidence -
Author did great job.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Stuff, but difficult for the sight-impaired to read. WE NEED LARGE PRINT!Published 3 months ago by Book & Music Lover Kate
VERY helpful for my in-laws who are in their 60's and just got their very first ipad. They were clueless on all things "ipad" or "app" related and this book was... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Everest
Very informative book for iPad use for us 50+ crowd. Large font with details on iPad use that even my kids didn't know! Haha
Recommended for all the baby boomers, out there.
IPad for Seniors and Dummies was extremely helpful. I am computer illiterate. I needed something easy to read and helpful in understanding the basics. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Some explanations are helpful, some do not seem to clarify the point or provide enough information to be helpful.Published 8 months ago by Richard Stowe