Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on October 22, 2012
I was concerned that the feel of the keyboard with this on the keys would slow my typing down, but it hasn't from the first time I tried it. I was quite amazed at that. It took 10 seconds to lay the item on top of the keys and press it down. I've used it for two months and it's not been a problem at all. All I see is that it has gotten a bit "loose" on the space bar and may over time present a problem with it bubbling there, but hey, for the price of it, it can't be beat.

The reason I purchased it at all is because my last Mac had divers in many of the keys and a big one on the space bar from the acid in our skin I suppose. I had used that computer for about 7 years and I do a lot of typing being a writer. So, this skin cover will preserve my keyboard and gives me my favorite color to look at when I open up my computer. I think color is important in life and it makes me smile to see it. It's the small things in life that make each day joyful.
on August 4, 2011
I bought this for my new Macbook Pro and I love the appearance and usability of this product. The depressions for each key fit exactly, to the point where it still fits even though I turned the computer upside down and shook it. One drawback is that the backlit lighting underneath the keyboard for the Pro is not as bright even in normal daylight, as it is without the cover. Unfortunately, the cover arrived with a small scratch on the side where the paint had flaked off; I just hope the scratch doesn't expand as time goes on. All the letters and numbers are in a very visible white-on-purple format, with the purple color being even more vivid than is shown in the Amazon photos. When I type, the keys do make a bit more noise than they do without the cover, but it is definitely worth it in exchange for the protection and user-friendliness. Also, the keys are very responsive when I type, not requiring very hard pressing at all. Overall, very good usability and wonderful protection.
on November 6, 2012
I have to agree with user "Tight" and their review. I wish I could give this cover a higher rating because it is very pretty and also very soft, so it's comfortable to use... but I've had it for a month now and it hasn't really "sunk in" to the keys. The cover is raised and somewhat loose. I think it has to do with the depth of the keys. I have an external keyboard from Mac and the cover fits better on that than on my 13" Air. I realized today that i have to type harder with this cover than without, especially pushing the spacebar for some reason, which is also not a good habit to get into... whenever I use a keyboard without a cover, I'll be one of those seriously loud typers! Noooooo!!!!!!

Is it safe to close my screen over the cover? Since it is raised up from the keyboard, I am worried about damage to my screen. So I have to take the cover off every time I close the screen to prevent possible issues. If the screen sort of closes on its own, it doesn't close completely. So I'm hesitant to leave the cover on and then put it in it's tightly-fitting sleeve.

Overall, the keyboard cover muffles the typing sound, so it is quieter to type, which is nice. I also bought the hard cover from iPearl. In the box was a second keyboard cover, of seemingly cheaper quality, but it fits better over the keyboard.

I'm going to use the cover, but I'm not entirely impressed with it, which is why I had to give it a low rating. Had I tried out several covers I probably wouldn't have chosen this. Sorry iPearl!
on November 26, 2012
This thing has saved my keyboards from many near death experiences! I didn't even buy it to save it from spills. I bought it because of all the dust and stuff that was getting stuck under my keys, but since then, it's survived a few messy accidents. For my 15" MacBook Pro, the Fn corner didn't fit perfectly but it didn't bother me. I'm using it right now on my wireless keyboard for my iMac. The images on the cover for F1-F12 don't match up but since I'm pretty used to my keyboard, it's not like I'm looking at them anyway. The color is rubbing off of a few keys but honestly, for as little as I paid, that's fine by me. I'll just replace it when need be. The cost of a new cover is a lot less than the cost of a new keyboard.

The only complaint I have is that I can't see my lighted keyboard through it when I'm using it in the dark. The backlight is one of my favorite features of my MacBook Pro and this cover defeats the purpose. I also can never see when capslock is on or not so I fight with passwords for 5 years.
on November 23, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love my colorful keyboard cover and have gotten many many complements about it, but if you plan on using your laptop for everyday things (like school, such is my case) you might want to consider just getting a clear one. I type aaaaall my notes quickly and frantically on my laptop so my keys take a beating. The color has started to wear off the underside from the pounding of my fingers, and it makes the keys look blahhh and certain letters are almost completely gone of color.
I'm not really upset by the occurrence because it was such a cheap purchase, and most importantly the cover has kept my keys clear of the dirt and crumbs I get everywhere. The cover fit my keys perfectly at first, but the more I used it the more the space bar cover got a kink in it and refuses to lay flat. Also, because the colored portion covers the keys, I can't ever see if the caps lock light is on or not. But those are only minor problems and if you are just wanting a cheap, fun keyboard cover this will suffice.
on August 28, 2012
For the people that r getting a new macbook or who recently got a macbook, this may not be the ideal choice for you.
Since apple made some changes on the keyboard, some of the keys do not match. (no marks for backlighting, the new dashboard/desktop feature and the on/off button has something different on it )

color wise, I'd say it's pretty ok, matches the color that was seen on screen and etc.
it does not fit the keyboard perfectly, but it's quite acceptable , and for typing , I think it's just that I am not used to having it on my keyboard yet.

Those who want a "perfect match" might have to think through of purchasing this,
for it is a bit off ....

I am not sure about backlighting, since I got it today and it is still pretty bright out,
but I am guessing you have to put the backlighting on a brighter stage so the light can project through.
the letters on the keyboard skin r printed white on top of the purple key shaped squares, so you get the idea.
on May 4, 2012
I purchased this cover for my Late 2011 Macbook Pro. For the amount of five star reviews, I thought I was getting a wonderful product at a price that was a steal. However, I was severely disappointed in what I received.

Coloration was different from what was pictured. Normally I expect as much, but not this extreme. What is pictured as a brightly color purple, what I received was a dull purple that, when I first unpacked it, looked black.

Next was the fact in claimed it was `retail packaging'. I received my cover folded in half and stuffed in a normal letter envelope. No outside plastic or anything. I highly doubt it retails in an envelope.

The keys don't quite match up, there is a lot of bagginess around the edges and the keys, and the cover oftentimes has a wavy appearance.

Now, I only paid a little more then three bucks for the thing, so it's pretty much held its value. But if you are looking for quality, stay away.

I have every intention of purchasing another silicon cover and avoiding this seller in the future.
on April 27, 2011
I was hesitant to get a cover for my keyboard, cause it could really affect the feel and useability of the keys. Well, i am so glad i took the chance. The cover is thin enough and fits snug enough that it melds right into the keyboard and doesn't shift around. The feel of the keys is a little gripper with the cover on, definitely a consideration if you are picky about that kind of thing.

I love that this cover keeps the dog hair and other crud out of my computer!! This is the main reason i got the cover. I have been using it for about a month now and i have NO complaints! :)

7 Months Later: Well the cover is still performing well. If i had to give it a negative comment, i would say the clear edges of the cover are slightly discoloring (a worn yellow look), but it is not affecting it's functionality. It isn't bad enough that i would replace it. Still very pleased.
on June 11, 2011
this is a really very good product it protects my keyboard and also makes typing quieter and its very soft and smooth to the touch. gets a little getting used to: but makes it cute with the color. I saw below about someone saying that its slips off and that some of the keys don't fit right; before i bought the product i read that and was very concerned; but thankfully it is not a problem for me! :) i don't see that happening for me :) and a big concern for me personally which no one mentioned was: with the case does the computer close properly? i took the chance and assumed it does: answer?: it does! :D so im very happy with this product: highly recomend it! i just wish i got pink instead! purple is a lot darker even without being under the black keys. the pic above is not the best example. other than that its cool :) hope i helped! happy shopping!
on March 16, 2012
PURPLE iPearl High Grade Silicone Keyboard Skin Cover for MacBook / Pro / Air (Retail Packaging)great product gets the job done fits great however the light doesn't shine thru as good as i would like and the letters don't exactly line up but does give it lots of personality. typing feels a little different, quieter, ..easy to get use to. ...is more raspberry-purple than purple. shipping could have been cheaper especially since it came in a tiny envelope. i would rate it 8 out of ten. the macbook store wanted nearly thirty dollars for one of these and it was clear. great value, this way i can buy a couple and change colors in and out. i have a 2011 macbook pro 13inch 10.7 lion. ..fits great no slipping,....only the f4 key is not the correct but all the other function keys as well as letters and numbers are the same.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question