Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on August 10, 2013
This little item is very nice, as a purely decorative accessory for the Samsung chromebook. It comes in two pieces, for the top and bottom of the chromebook, and both pieces were easy to snap on and off the device. The green color is a pretty shade. I took off one star, because I had hoped that the "hard shell" would add a bit of rigidity to the chromebook, but it didn't. I picked up the chromebook while it was playing a Youtube video, and the flex was so bad that the video stopped playing until I put the thing down again on my rigid lap tray. Then it began playing again, in a different part of the video. So, buy this iPearl cover if you want to decorate your chromebook and/or protect it from scratches. But don't count on the iPearl to have any other functionality, like reducing flex in the chromebook.
on November 18, 2014
It jazzed up my old Chromebook quite nicely. It gives it a slight lift overall, even without the kickstand, in case of spills. Fits snug and we'll made. I also added a keyboard cover that tied it all together.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 12, 2014
I got this case to protect my Chromebook from my two Bengal cats. So far it has done it's job really well.

What I love about this cover:
Durability - I have not dropped my book so I don't know how it would hold up against that, but I have had minor bumps (i.e. fell off bed and bumped into wall, dropped controller onto book, cats jumping on it, stepped on it once.. etc) and I have not noticed any scratches or dents on the cover. So for me, this is pretty durable. (So far..)
The color - I think it is SLIGHTLY darker in person than shown in picture, but is still a great color. You can still see logo like pictured.
Kickstands - I didn't think I would use the kickstands a lot but I love them. They are easy to open and I don't feel like they are flimsy or cheap. My only issue is right after I clip my nails its a little harder to open, but that could easily be because I clip my nails really short.
Thickness - I don't think this cover adds much thickness to the Chromebook. I have the Amazon Basic laptop sleeve and with the hard case on it slides easily into/out of the sleeve without issue. I will mention that I have to be a little careful when zipping the sleeve shut around the corners. This is not a big issue to me, but could annoy someone else.
Bulk of case (??)- I will mention that when I first put the cover on I thought that opening/closing my Chromebook might interfere with where the 'binding' is. It covers the 'binding'/'spine' of the Chromebook and it did snag once and I thought it was going to be an issue, however I realized that it was doing this because it was not clipped on all the way...

Which brings me to my only dislike about this cover - the fact that its a snap on.. Which shouldn't really bring down a star because I knew it was a snap on.
The first thing I'm going to point out is that cat hair keeps sneaking underneath the cover. It's mainly under the bottom cover so I do not see and it does not bug me, but if you have more than 2 fur animals, this might become an issue. Especially if you take off the cover often to remove the said pet hair or if you have any long hair animals who shed a lot.
The next thing is that I think anyone could easily miss a clip and not put the cover on all the way. That might seem like a silly complaint but I noticed 2 of the hooks were not fully clipped onto the book, but were instead splitting the screen very slightly. (Look right above the camera on the top edge and imagine two pieces of plastic wedged in between that seam...) I don't think this could cause the screen to break off, but it did stress me out. Every now and then I double check all of the hooks to make sure they are clipped all the way on. I don't think they could ever really cause damage though. The only other concern I might have is that if you constantly take this case off and put it back on, you might eventually scratch your Chromebook with where the hooks clip on.

Other then the single concern, everything else about this cover is great. I would definitely recommend.
on September 7, 2015
I bought this as an after-thought; a year and a half after using my trustee marvellous Samsung chromebook. There are 2 hairline "fractures" on my chromebook, which do not interfere with the operation. I decided to purchase the hard shell case as a protective device.
I do not like it as (a) it does not cover the areas where there is a break, and (b) it makes the chromebook significantly heavier and bulkier. I have removed it and don't use it.
The one good thing about the cover is that it has "legs" which can elevate the chromebook and slant it towards you. These fold in and are a nice feature. Overall, not worth keeping on my laptop.
on December 29, 2016
iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung XE303C12 series Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop ( Not Compatible with Samsung Chrombook 2 XE503C12 / XE500C12 and Samsung Chromebook 3 XE500C13 ) - Purple

I got my oldest son a Chromebook for Christmas this year. All their schoolwork and homework is done on Chromebooks at school now. I got this case to protect his Chromebook. It fits great and looks cool. He is very happy with it and I feel better that is has some protection.
on September 11, 2013
THE GOOD - the cover is very well made - nice and small - tight fitting - light weight - good quality - easy to install, easy to remove and it looks like it offers the protection needed for the small Chromebook - plus the price is right

THE BAD - as I used the Chromebook with the cover I noticed it became more and more difficult to use the trackpad with any accuracy - hum? - thought for sure it was the Chromebook and was ready to pack it up as defective - took the cover off to return the Chromebook and just for the heck of it I started to use the Chromebook again - Wow no problems with the trackpad - put it back on - same problems - took it off - everything works as designed
on September 26, 2013
First of all, even though the case is very light weight, it adds some much needed stability to the existing case. A number of reviewers of this chrome book unit have complained about cracked screens. This case might help prevent that. The case is opaque, so the SAMSUNG and CHROME BOOK logos from the original case can still be seen through this cover. The pale orange color is a very good blend with the existing silver. It makes the unit look sleek, not loud. My case fit right on with no hassles or complicated instructions. The plastic is somewhat thin and I suppose if the case was exposed to heat before installation it might warp enough to prevent a perfect fit. But mine bore no signs of that. This color, or any of the pastels I think, will give your unit both a better appearance and some needed support. Am shopping now for a suitable decal to slap on the cover.
on July 20, 2015
I ordered this as a part of package of functional gifts that I put together for my mom since she has a Samsung Chromebook and I thought a case would be a nice add-on to protect it from dust, scratching, etc. and then I ordered one in blue as a present for my stepdad since he also has a Samsung Chromebook. It arrived quickly, well packaged, the color looked exactly as pictured and was super easy to install. She's now had it for a few months and it's been really great. I would certainly recommend both this product and this seller.
on March 15, 2014
This is the second iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for an 11.6" Samsung Chromebook we've purchased. My son uses a Chromebook for school, and he uses it all day every day. The first cover lasted about 6 months before the tabs that hold it onto the laptop snapped off. But he's 16 and hard on the laptop, which is why we bought the case in the first place. It's simple to install; it just snaps on. When this one busts, we'll definitely buy another one. It gives the laptop great protection and it's not bulky at all. It's perfect for what we need.
on October 8, 2013
There aren't many cases out there that fit the odd sizing of the Samsung Chromebook (cases are usually 10" or 13" when I go to stores). I have never seen shells for this Chromebook, and never thought I would. This shell fits perfectly! It even has little, I call them feet, but there are little stands on the bottom shell to prop your Chromebook up with.
The ONLY weird thing that I'm sure is with any type of shell (I've never had a shell on a laptop before) is the edges that allow the shell to snap into place on the Chromebook make it so it doesn't shut all the way but that doesn't really matter because it's basically shut except for a few millimeters.

This is the second item I've purchased from mCover and I will continue to buy from them.