Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 18, 2014
It jazzed up my old Chromebook quite nicely. It gives it a slight lift overall, even without the kickstand, in case of spills. Fits snug and we'll made. I also added a keyboard cover that tied it all together.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on February 12, 2014
I got this case to protect my Chromebook from my two Bengal cats. So far it has done it's job really well.

What I love about this cover:
Durability - I have not dropped my book so I don't know how it would hold up against that, but I have had minor bumps (i.e. fell off bed and bumped into wall, dropped controller onto book, cats jumping on it, stepped on it once.. etc) and I have not noticed any scratches or dents on the cover. So for me, this is pretty durable. (So far..)
The color - I think it is SLIGHTLY darker in person than shown in picture, but is still a great color. You can still see logo like pictured.
Kickstands - I didn't think I would use the kickstands a lot but I love them. They are easy to open and I don't feel like they are flimsy or cheap. My only issue is right after I clip my nails its a little harder to open, but that could easily be because I clip my nails really short.
Thickness - I don't think this cover adds much thickness to the Chromebook. I have the Amazon Basic laptop sleeve and with the hard case on it slides easily into/out of the sleeve without issue. I will mention that I have to be a little careful when zipping the sleeve shut around the corners. This is not a big issue to me, but could annoy someone else.
Bulk of case (??)- I will mention that when I first put the cover on I thought that opening/closing my Chromebook might interfere with where the 'binding' is. It covers the 'binding'/'spine' of the Chromebook and it did snag once and I thought it was going to be an issue, however I realized that it was doing this because it was not clipped on all the way...

Which brings me to my only dislike about this cover - the fact that its a snap on.. Which shouldn't really bring down a star because I knew it was a snap on.
The first thing I'm going to point out is that cat hair keeps sneaking underneath the cover. It's mainly under the bottom cover so I do not see and it does not bug me, but if you have more than 2 fur animals, this might become an issue. Especially if you take off the cover often to remove the said pet hair or if you have any long hair animals who shed a lot.
The next thing is that I think anyone could easily miss a clip and not put the cover on all the way. That might seem like a silly complaint but I noticed 2 of the hooks were not fully clipped onto the book, but were instead splitting the screen very slightly. (Look right above the camera on the top edge and imagine two pieces of plastic wedged in between that seam...) I don't think this could cause the screen to break off, but it did stress me out. Every now and then I double check all of the hooks to make sure they are clipped all the way on. I don't think they could ever really cause damage though. The only other concern I might have is that if you constantly take this case off and put it back on, you might eventually scratch your Chromebook with where the hooks clip on.

Other then the single concern, everything else about this cover is great. I would definitely recommend.
on August 28, 2013
Just got mine in the mail today and it's sitting on my Chromebook! I got my Chromebook just under a week ago for use in my final year of college. I took my Chromebook to school on monday and by the end of the day, it had a few minor scratches on the front from being in my backpack. And I mean MINOR scratches. Only can see them if they're really looking. Im not really bothered by it, but I don't want it to get worse, especially since I ordered a decal for the front, I dont want it getting ruined.

I opted to buy this case/shell because once it's on the product, it's basically invisible. You can't see it at ALL unless you open it and see the small places where it clips onto your chromebook. It's pretty sturdy and overall feels nice on the chromebook. It's definitely going to protect my book from getting scratched. I'm definitely happy I purchased it.

My biggest problem with the product is the price. $20 for it seems a bit steep. It's a product that costs probably no more than a 20 cents in China to make, being sold for 20 dollars. I hate feeling live i've been ripped off, but the product does what it's supposed to, and hopefully the chromebook and the case will last me a long time so I can look at it like a long term investment.
on March 13, 2014
I like the covers and as far as the hinge on the top part....it does pop up or it interfere's with the bottom hinge. Here is a solution to this problem....I sort of bent the hinge's on the top until it was easy enough to cut them both off easily...just the top 2 hinge's though. Just be careful when cutting that you don't damage the cover. If you do this you will find no more popping up and you really do not need these hinges as they serve no purpose being there....the cover will stay in place after you remove them. I had only put the bottom cover on at first which I'm sorry that I did because the top of my laptop got a couple scratches had I of kept the top cover on this wouldn't have happened. Although I did continue to use a bag.....it still got scratches. I now do keep the top cover on and it is so much better since I removed the 2 top hinge pieces. I do like this product although a little too pricey I think for $20 you can actually get some a little cheaper as I did for $15.99. I had bought a purple one in the past and now I just bought a clear one because I purchased another chromebook and I even ordered a cover for my friends chromebook as well. Update..... Okay so I just received my new another ipearl cover and it looks like they have updated them. They have finally decided to take the hinges off so it will fit properly and will not have to be removed manually. I really love that they did this and they realized that there was no need for the 2 hinge's on the top of the cover...is beautiful and fits wonderfully!!!
on September 14, 2013
No, this is not a case to protect your Chromebook if you drop it. If you drop it, you are probably screwed. But common sense tells you that this is not that type of protection. This is a shell that fuses nicely with the device, and protects from nicks and scratches, without adding any unnecessary bulk. The tilt option is a nice little feature that aids in typing when flat on a desk or table. I also like the matte finish, color options, and see-through quality of the plastic.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 29, 2016
iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung XE303C12 series Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop ( Not Compatible with Samsung Chrombook 2 XE503C12 / XE500C12 and Samsung Chromebook 3 XE500C13 ) - Purple

I got my oldest son a Chromebook for Christmas this year. All their schoolwork and homework is done on Chromebooks at school now. I got this case to protect his Chromebook. It fits great and looks cool. He is very happy with it and I feel better that is has some protection.
on March 12, 2014
Pros:
Does exactly as it says it will do. Fits over my Chromebook perfectly, doesn't fall off, the snaps stay in place, and is easily removable if you un-do the clips and clasps that keep it firmly in place. Protected my chromebook from many scratches in my backpack.

Cons:
There's one small con that has been repaired with time. On the right hand side of the top cover (the one that covers the top of the screen of the Chromebook) a small clasp is supposed to hug the hinge where the screen slides into the bottom part of the chromebook. When I first attached this case, that clasp would always run into the body of the Chromebook as I was opening the computer and once or twice it almost a) cracked the pink case or b) separated my screen from the body of the Chromebook! It was an easy fix, all I have to do is press down on the part of the case that "sticks up" so that it will correctly slide in between the crack of the computer body and the screen. Over time, that piece of plastic has bent so that I no longer have to press down on it. It was a minor inconvenience, but I do have to admit that it could have caused damage to the computer itself if I didn't correct it.
on September 7, 2015
I bought this as an after-thought; a year and a half after using my trustee marvellous Samsung chromebook. There are 2 hairline "fractures" on my chromebook, which do not interfere with the operation. I decided to purchase the hard shell case as a protective device.
I do not like it as (a) it does not cover the areas where there is a break, and (b) it makes the chromebook significantly heavier and bulkier. I have removed it and don't use it.
The one good thing about the cover is that it has "legs" which can elevate the chromebook and slant it towards you. These fold in and are a nice feature. Overall, not worth keeping on my laptop.
on September 11, 2013
THE GOOD - the cover is very well made - nice and small - tight fitting - light weight - good quality - easy to install, easy to remove and it looks like it offers the protection needed for the small Chromebook - plus the price is right

THE BAD - as I used the Chromebook with the cover I noticed it became more and more difficult to use the trackpad with any accuracy - hum? - thought for sure it was the Chromebook and was ready to pack it up as defective - took the cover off to return the Chromebook and just for the heck of it I started to use the Chromebook again - Wow no problems with the trackpad - put it back on - same problems - took it off - everything works as designed
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 6, 2013
I recently bought a chromebook and needed a light hard cover. After searching many different retailers I decided to give amazon a try. I came across the iPearl hard shell with its great reviews and price so I decided to give it a try. After ordering the shipping said 2 days, which I thought was amazing for the small price of this unit and shipping. After receiving it, it was exactly as the reviews said it would be. Some people rated it at four states because it was made of plastic, bought this is what they paid for. I rated it at give stars because the plastic shell is a good hard perfect fit for my chromebook. It fits perfectly around the chromebook without blocking any ports. The shell also has two hinges in the bottom to allow the chromebook to elevate at an angle for ease of typing. Overall, I'm truly satisfied and would suggest this item to anyone interested.
6 helpful votes