Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

• Customer Reviews

Showing 61-70 of 989 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,089 reviews
on July 17, 2012
I first purchased the Speck Cover for my 11" July 2012 Macbook Air (Ivy Bridge)...but returned it because, although it fit very well, it had no holes on the bottom. The Macbook air cools via a fan and also via the bottom of the computer which acts as an aluminum heatsink by dissipating the heat. I then purchased the iPearl...which has multiple ventilation slots on the bottom. It seems to be better for keeping the computer cool, at least regarding the bottom.

However, I did notice a problem...that I'm sure is true of any cover. When I normally use my MacBook Air at distances from my wifi transmitter in my house...my computer works fine....though a bit slow on the link. However, when I put on the cover for the top it completely blocks my signal at distances. So I took off the iPearl cover....it works fine again. Thus, it seems that the wifi antennae is in the macbook air cover panel...and the iPearl cover does, in some way, block the signal.

Lastly, the upper panel cover adds a bit of weight to the screen such that it seems a bit much...this was the same with the Speck...so I only use the bottom half of the iPearl cover.

Minus one star for interfering with WiFi, and minus one star for added weight to upper panel....(don't want the hinges stressed in any way).

But better than the Speck
on August 17, 2013
I don't understand the complaints about the difficulty in putting this case on. It took me 2 seconds to get the top case on, and 2 seconds to get the bottom case on. Opening and closing the macbook air helped to get the cases in place. They stay secure. The rubber feet help prevent sliding on smooth surfaces. The feet prop it up at a nice angle. The only complaint is that the clear case has visible square seems near the corners. It makes the computer look like cheap plastic.The huge discount on the original price is definitely in line with the quality of the product. Though it doesn't look very sleek, it does it's job of protecting the macbook air well.
on June 21, 2014
I have an Incase rubberized black cover on my other macbook and love it. It has this mat finish, absorbs the scrapes of travel and, best of all, the rubber grips surfaces and even holds my caseless iPhone in-place when on top of the closed mac. So when I got an air for work I wanted the same thing. This was the most inexpensive version, and while I cannot attest to it breaking, it feels like flimsy plastic as it snaps loudly in place, and the legs, although practical, are difficult to flip up. But mostly I do not like how it's shiny and slippery, exactly what I realized I liked about my other case.
on July 19, 2015
I got this for my computer and love it more than the one I had before. I use this alot for work and school and its so great that it has the back legs because when ever I have a long project for either work or school It tends to create a lot of heat and start feeling hot from the bottom, but these legs help this so much because not only will it make it easier to type but it will let the computer cool when it has started to heat up and that helps it to not become slow when working on those Projects
on July 21, 2012
I bought this case mainly to protect the finish of my newly-acquired MBA. With four kids in the house and knowing that I planned on lots of travel, I knew I would destroy the pretty matte finish of the machine within mere seconds. When the case arrived, I snapped it on within a few seconds with no real issue--though I did need my husband's help to get one corner popped in place. I don't use them very often, but the foldable feet are nice to add a little angle to the keyboard to prevent wrist fatigue.

The first two outings I had my Macbook Air out in public, I received compliments on how cool the case looked from several different people. I've yet to test out how durable it is, and hope I can avoid it altogether!

Would definitely purchase this again.
on July 3, 2014
It was late at night and I had ordered my new computer online that night, and amazon essentially suggested I order this with it, so I figured "What the hell." It seemed relatively cheap, considering it was only like ten bucks and I had just spent 650 on a computer, but it wasn't worth it. It really doesn't do much to protect your computer and it can cause it to heat up like no other. I took this cover off after a week and never really thought about it ever again until now, two years later, when amazon asked me to go back and rate my purchases.
on March 29, 2011
This cover fits like a glove, and is so sheer and transparent that it is not noticeable that you have a cover on the MacBook Air! It is a hard shell around the aluminum body of the MacBook, protecting the soft aluminum. Additionally, while it has air vents underneath, it raises the base of the MacBook above the table, helping protect from spills. My girlfriend lost a MacBook (not Air) from a spilled drink leaking into the battery compartment (not sure if the Air has this concern, but I'd rather not find out). Plus, if you like it, the mCover has legs to raise the rear. I have not used them, but they are there to change the tilt of the keyboard.

Regarding installing the mCover, it is snug, and I took several looks at the video review. I suspect that I would have figured it out myself from the instructions (it really is easy), but seeing the video helped. For the bad reviews, I wonder if they managed to damage the small tabs that hold the mCover to the Air.

The girlfriend, after ooing and ahhing over the new Air prior to the mCover, literally did not notice the difference in thickness and weight when she used it after the cover was on! Now, that is pretty sheer and transparent!

I don't think that this would be full protection on a corner drop onto concrete, but it certainly will help. I definitely feel that I need to baby the computer a bit less than I did prior to the cover. I am very happy.
on April 26, 2014
The case is very pretty, and stands out. It fits okay, but putting it on seems a little nerve wracking due to it being plastic. It also came with a keyboard cover, which is nice, but the "mcover by iPearl" on the spacebar is a little bit of an eye sore. The keyboard cover also has an error on the caps lock section, with the hole not fitting with the light. The keyboard cover can make it a little more hard to type, but overall it does its job. The case, while keeping my computer protected from scratches, does make it a bit difficult to tilt the screen back. Because the pieces are a little big in the bag of the case, they hit together when tilting back the screen, but it's not too bad. The sound might scare you at first though. The built in stand is a nice touch, but for me it hurts my wrists to use it after a while so I prefer not to. Overall it's a pretty case, and I'm glad I purchased it.
on October 6, 2013
I like the hard shell cover to help protect the outside from scratches, but it does make it noticeably heavier and I bought the 11" MacBookAir because it is very light weight and I can carry it in my purse. The keyboard cover fits well but it is thicker than I'd like, making the keys harder to find. The hard shell cover is easy to pop on but not easily removed. I'm afraid I'll scratch the laptop if I keep popping it on and off for different situations, and keeping scratches off the outside was my goal in getting the cover in the first place. I'd give it a 3.5 stars if I could. It's better than okay but I don't fully like it. It's the best on the market for now for this size of laptop.
on July 22, 2011
Bought the clear cover a few days ago. There was a great little video on the Amazon page that had me installing the cover in just a few minutes.
It fit and looks great. Well, it doesn't really look great because you don't even know it is there, however it feels sturdy and substantial. In fact, a day or so after I installed the cover I was visiting with my grandkids, and my macbook air was knocked off the table, fell on a hardwood floor, and I am happy to report, no damage.
I do not want to think of what might have happened without a hardshell case.
Nice product, I am very happy with it.