Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 2,562 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,763 reviews
on March 12, 2011
I was researching for a protection accessory for my 13" MacBook Air to avoid scratches (...because it's so precious, right?) but at the same time don't look so bulky that it turns your thin Macbook Air into a 3" custom body armor.

I looked at the popular InvisibleShield by Zagg, checked their website, very impressed with it. But I found two reasons not using that awesome product: One, No matter how good the shield is in preventing SCRATCHES, it wouldn't prevent a lightest DENT to chassis caused by bumps when one had to rush for an emergency meeting while holding his boss's caramel macchiato on the run. Secondly, it's quite hard to install because you have to ensure the environmental setup to be really clean, lint free - unless if you live in a science lab.

Then I found this product under the "Similar Items" category. I read other owner's reviews, looked at the pictures, and purchased it (Color: Clear). So here are my comments (in bullet form for your convenience):

LIKE:
- Structurally strong: Plastic is constructed with hard and malleable property with a matte surface. 1.5mm plastic layer surrounds all four edges. Coverage excludes the ports for accessibility. Cover will protect most minor bumps.
- Tight Fit: Connection to body is by 11 short tabs that snaps to the inner edges. The hinges are very short, extending only 0.5 mm towards the body - meaning lesser leverage to the tabs - meaning grips well and tabs won't break easily. I actually had a real hard time removing it because a speck of pencil-dot-dust was left inside the cover while installing it - don't ask why, I just had to ...
- Visually pleasing: I stepped back a few meters away and the case just vanishes... Just kidding. It looks very thin, transparent and discreetly designed.
- Heat distribution - I initially suspected the laptop might get warmer being wrapped with an inducting material. However, it seems fine (over a normal computer usage - browsing web with Aerosmith song playing). I also worry about the wi-fi signal being damped, but it seems fine.

DISLIKE:
- Not precisely molded. For example, the 2 tabs at the back cover (at the fan area) obstructs the top cover when one swivels it open. As a result, a rubbing sound between the plastic hinge and the two tabs occurs. This is not a con really but more of a remark for improvement opportunity. So if only the tabs are a hairline thinner (about 0.3 mm), it would be fine.
- Weight affects monitor hinges. Because MacBook Air's thin hinges is weak to support the weight addition of the plastic cover on top of the top metal body. The screen "falls out" when you lift the main board up (about 45 degree elevation) - So just be careful if you want to preserve your hinge's friction.
- Visual Flaw (Subjective): There is a visible carved square marks on the five tabs in front cover which is inevitably a part of manufacturing process. Also, The word MBA13 (hardly visible though) is embossed on the top left corner on the top cover - Dislike!

Bonus Review:
- It comes with a free keyboard shield made of soft-rubber . Quite useful goodies but the thing is it also cupped the sound volume as MBR's sound actually flows out from the spacings between the keys. - Muffing and vibrations are produced above volume level 4.
- Shipping is godspeed. I like this guy, whoever runs the order.
99 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
I read through a lot of reviews before I purchased this and almost didn't buy it. I'm glad I didn't listen to all of the whining. I can't believe the reviews that some people write! (Not for the pink one, but for other colors). One user gave it a one star review because it didn't come with directions. Seriously? It was easier to install this than it was to open the box it came in. It's pretty much idiot-proof. One guy was angry that it added too much weight. Another person wrote that it would not provide good protection if dropped. What exactly do people expect for 20 bucks? It's a cover...that's it! Nothing magical or sophisticated. It's very inexpensive compared to other covers, the color is gorgeous, it fits perfectly (there is an occasional TINY pop when opening, not a horrendous CRACK), it has great little tabs on the bottom to allow for circulation, and it even came with a free clear keyboard protector. It is a FANTASTIC cover for the price. If you want something fancy, spend more money. If you're looking for a nice cover at a great price, ignore all of the *moronic* bad reviews and buy this.
22 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2011
This is the perfect cover for my precious MacBook Air 13". I originally had purchased the Speck cover at $49.95 and had to returned twice due to the corner clips breaking off the back corners. After some research, I decided to give mCover a shot. At first, I was somewhat skeptical because the lack of reviews (this is why I'm writing one). Because of the price point, I thought it was too good to be true. Upon receipt of the product, installation was a breeze and the fit was perfect. I was surprised about the nice look and feel of my MacBook Air. Not to exclude the excellent level of protection to my MacBook Air. I would recomend this product to anyone looking to protect their MacBooks with a nice finish look.
on February 29, 2012
This is a perfect hard shell cover case for my MacBook Air! It has a smooth, shapely type feel, fits perfectly and does its job - protects the very expensive laptop! These covers get to be so expensive and this one was a good deal as well as fits and protects! Color is wonderful! Nice deep shade of blue but the apple logo shows through, makes it look classy! Also makes it look like it was made for it, all one piece! Service was very good and the cover arrived quickly. One, two, three little clicks and it is on! No problems at all coming off or my laptop rattling around in it. Thinking about getting another in a different color just for a change every once in awhile. At this price, you can afford it! I would highly recommend this product!
on June 19, 2012
This is an excellent product, and in my experience, the very best out there yet. I just got a new MacBook Air 13.3" model A1466 and needed to protect its beautiful finish. This does the trick and gives it some color as well. The logo shines through, the ports all accessible, installation a no-brainer (although someone posted a video on how to put it on in this product review. I watched it and, thanks to the reviewer, found this works great). Installation instructions do not come with it but it is hard to get this wrong. Just watch the video and line it up at the corners and it will happily snap in place. Earned my top review and a full 5-stars.
on April 7, 2017
I must first state that my high review is based on something important to me, how well a company stands by its products and prioritizes customer service. I had this product for well over a year and one of the legs broke. Contacting the company directly, they were quick to accommodate me and sent me a replacement bottom cover. This is fine customer service and it brought me here to post a positive review.

The product itself fits well on my Macbook Air. The translucent case allows the Apple logo light to shine through with an appealing, slightly dimmed look. Having the bottom cover off for a few days when I was experiencing the leg issue, I got a feel for how slick the bare laptop is. In fact, I almost knocked the laptop of a table, not being used to how the slightest force can send the naked laptop sliding across a wooden surface. The case has good quality material on the bottom that grips smooth surfaces like tables much better than without it.

The legs of this case are a big reason for my purchasing this specific case. Yeah, every other brand makes vent holes in the bottom but very few that I have seen include foldable legs. While perhaps not seeming like a big detail, these legs have a positive click when engaged and support the laptop at a great angle that helps taller people like myself use the laptop for longer periods without straining my neck or having to sit hunched over for hours.

All in all, I have been impressed by the product and more so by the company. I recommend this product to my fellow Amazonians.
on May 19, 2013
I just wanted a cheap cover for my MBA to keep it from scratching. I love the red color of the product, it's not too vibrant but it's still a nice red. It snaps on good (sometimes a little too good) and it does protect the device. After using it for a while you can see some scratches but it's held up pretty well.

My problems with the product is that on occasion it becomes loose and cracks and creaks in the wrong places. Sometimes it even catches on the back of the computer blocking the sensors so that my screen does not come on when I open it (adjusting the case and closing and opening again fixes it right up). If you want a cheap and durable case it's good but you will have to readjust it from time to time.

I would also like to add that the first one I received was defective, it did not fit the machine. However, iPearl and Amazon took care of it in a flash and I was really pleased with the service.
on June 27, 2017
This is my second or third iPearl MacBook case. It's good as usual, except for an unfortunate flaw noted by other reviewers: One of the clips at the back of the bottom case catches on the MacBook's plastic hinge, causing a significant popping/grating that sounds bad to the point of damaging. Since the case shouldn't do that at all, and the grating surely can't be good for the hinge, I took a sharp knife and shaved the clip down until the grating noise is barely noticeable. I'm afraid if I shave off any more, that clip will no longer latch on to the MacBook, so I'll live with the slight annoyance of the hinge contact noise. But a case that is specifically designed to fit a particular product should never have this problem to begin with. From that perspective, it's disappointing. Otherwise, it functions as intended.
on January 19, 2016
I bought this cover over three years ago (September 18, 2012) and absolutely LOVE it. My daughter was working on my MacBook Air tonight and asked what type of cover it was. I remembered the name, because it is so catchy and told her I had it for a long time. She remarked how pretty it is. She is right, it is still very shiny and pretty and the aqua color is bright. If you look closely you see scratches in the surface, but they aren't noticeable from afar.

I purchased this cover to replace a Speck cover that I had for less than two months before needing to replace it because of an unsightly scratch. The whole purpose of a laptop cover is to protect your laptop from scratches. What use is a cover that gets scratched so easily? I take my laptop everywhere with me. I went through a two years Masters program where I used my laptop heavily, going from home to school regularly. I have also travelled for work several times and shove my laptop into a briefcase. This case has protected it from dirt, debris and scratches. I couldn't ask for more. I also love the functionality of the built in feet, which tilt my laptop to an angle, making it easier to type and allowing air to circulate under it.

I have received so many compliments on this case for its color and stylish opacity. I have recommended the iPearl brand to several people and they are always surprised at what a great price it is. This is a fabulous value. I have no need to buy a new cover at this time, but when I do, it will be an iPearl!
review image
on January 28, 2016
I was a little disappointed. This is my third iPearl cover, and the others were excellent.

Given that this was for a very popular and expensive device, I expected a very good fit and finish.

I was disappointed. It installed well, but the clips were a little small, and the covers popped off easily. The back clips cause a small but annoying squeak as the lid is lifted, due to contacting the bottom of the lid. Some report this as fixed, but as of 01/2016 it is still a problem.

The edges needed work. I often spend time sanding the edges of cases, but this one did not seem to be worth the effort. The front cover, under the keyboard flexed and gaped under the touchpad. It did not look good. I expect the case to fit closely, this one flexed. and left a gap at the front.

The competing Click(*) case was more than twice the price, and did not have the flip down feet.

In context, the iPearl case was better, despite feeling like lower quality.

those feet are really useful

I really want to write a good review of this cover, but I was disappointed. I buy these covers to provide protection, but the flimsy design of this one does not breed confidence. I love the iPearl cases, but this one might be worth some comparison time before purchase...