Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 307 reviews
on June 7, 2016
I had no idea what to get my 12 year old stepson for Christmas. He wanted a remote controlled car that was controlled with his iPhone, but those prices were outrageous and we had no idea if his mom already got him one. So while browsing Amazon, I came across this helicopter. PERFECT and it was near as expensive as the remote control cars and he definitely wouldn't be expecting it.

It was awesome. We got it out of the box when it arrived so we could charge the battery for Christmas morning so he could play with immediately. My stepson freaked out when he realized what it was. He played with it all Christmas morning until he went back to his mom's house. It was great to not have him be "blah" about everything and to actually find something he didn't know existed.

I would highly recommend for any kid that is hard to buy for.
on March 11, 2015
Straight out of the box I set up the controller app just like it said.. Got the controller synced to the chopper but it was non-responsive (yes my volume was all the way up). This thing just doesn't work. It would randomly fly up and down and hit things when the controller wasn't even on. Maybe I got a defective unit, maybe not. One thing is for sure I won't be buying another!

If you're actually considering buying one of these just do yourself a favor and donate $30 to charity and be done with it.
on January 31, 2013
I've had two of these and both broke within 2 days of use. The prime factor with this or any other helicopter is that it takes a fair amount of time to get used to piloting it, especially from the touch interface of your iPhone/iPad, so you'll be crashing it often. While it does seem constructed in a way that's very forgiving for epic crashes (it even includes spare parts in case one of the blades snaps), there are certain components that, once they're busted, render the helicopter useless. On the positive side, I was thoroughly impressed with the tech and thinking that went into this little beast. It's actually quite powerful and can be maneuvered easily once you get the hang of the controls. If you can catch it on sale it would be a fun gift for anyone who doesn't expect it to last forever.
on July 28, 2014
This helicopter is a piece of junk. I had a Syma with a manual control which was lots of fun. I gave it to my grandson and thought I would try an Iphone, Ipad model. Even though this had mixed reviews, I decided to give it a try. After the first run, it went to the trash can. The software is spotty. Some times you have to turn it on and off to get it to connect. Since it was difficult to control, it would slam into things and the connectors for the balance bar would come off, about every time I tried to fly it. I flew the Syma all over the house without any problems, so I am not handicapped. This is junk. Save your money.
on October 16, 2013
I bought this for my 15-year-old niece for her birthday. I was kind of hoping she could figure out how to operate the little 'copter. She and my 9-year-old son took quite a bit of time and practice to get the thing to take off and land. It does, perhaps, take more than a day to perfect. But it's quite cool. My niece seemed much impressed with the present. Based on this I would say this is a perfect gift for someone who is appreciative of irony (and perhaps style points) but not demanding of performance. I'm not 100% sure she ever got the thing to take off and land decently, but then birthdays are really more about the giving than the receiving. If you're cruising for style points you could do far worse than this inexplicable toy.
on March 15, 2017
Excellent Product!
on March 7, 2013
This was a gift item and we were very excited about receiving it. The item itself arrived on time and we were able to download the app from the apple store for our ipad. However, on the very first test flight the tail blades would not spin at all and so the helicopter was tilting & tipping over and not flying properly. We did not want to take a chance with waiting another 7-10 days only for the replacement item to arrive and be defective as well. So we have talked to Amazon customer service and are returning it to Amazon for a full refund. Nice idea for an RC helicopter but the sellers need to get into the habit of checking their products before shipping them because it can get very disappointing (& exasperating) esp. when the order is meant to be a gift.
on January 7, 2015
the concept is really fun. I could not get it to work with the ipad mini. but got it to work really good on the iphone 5. it was really fun for the kids but only lasted about 20 minutes before it crash landed and broke :( I would have only gave it one star because of that but because I like the concept and the kids had so much fun with it for that whole 20 minutes, I liked it. if I were to buy this again I would look for one that comes with a cage around it to protect it from breaking so fast.
on July 17, 2013
I ordered this for my grandson's birthday. I ordered it on April 25 and his birthday was July 13 when I gave it to him. Of course, the helicopter did not work and my time to return it for full refund expired. I'm not very happy with the purchase to say the least. I am going to keep the item and take it to a hobby store and hopefully someone there will be able to tell me what is wrong with it. The instructions were followed explicitly in charging the iPad and getting all the items ready so the helicopter could be flown. But, it just doesn't work.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this for a small child and it was hard for me to use myself. I installed the app easily and tried to follow the instructions but the plane seems hard to control very precisely. The downside for us is that our dog was fascinated with it and kept trying to carry it around in his mouth when it would land. A piece broke off on the very first day of use that wasn't one of the few replace parts that came with it. The price was cheap for what it could do (it did fly!) but too much to pay for one day's use.