Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 4, 2015
Like one reviewer said, this book takes a little while to get to the main material. However, once you get there the information presented is great. I picked up a lot of tips from this book. It has good coverage of iTunes and using your phone with a Windows PC. The indexing in the book is accurate (unlike iPhone The Missing Manual). All in all the best book I have found so far on the iPhone 6.
11 people found this helpful
on February 5, 2014
This book covers EVERYTHING!! It's almost too thorough, as the authors describe every tiny possibility that can be accomplished on the iPhone. That's the only critique that I have about this book. I would have preferred to have read all of the major, and more likely to use, options first, and then a separate listing in the other half of the book, of those which one would rarely, if ever use. For instance, how many users would want to list their phonecalls in separate categories, such as club-members only, old school chums in another, and office workers in a third category, etc.? Most people prefer alphabetical order--it's faster. The main options that most of us are interested in, aside from making and receiving phonecalls, are learning how to take and send photos, synching emails with a computer, and how to use each icon listed on the main menu. A brief rundown on how to use them without going into every minor possibility (and there are many) that each one can perform, would have been less confusing. Most of the many minor details could be described in the latter half of the book. I was in a hurry to start using my phone, admittedly, and did not want to wade through all of its fabulous side-bars. As for using passwords, those who are familiar with computers would not be likely to have any problems understanding and knowing how to make and use passwords, however, in that category a novice might be at a loss, as the book assumes that everyone is computer savey. The only "problem" I had, was my own fault. After learning how to synch my computer with the iCloud,and receiving a congratulatory email on my computer that I was now on the iCloud, I was unable to load any emails onto my iPhone! I should have known--the computer needs to be turned on in order to read one's emails! Well, the authors left out that information--how was I to know? :-).
9 people found this helpful
on November 12, 2015
I don't really know for whom this book is intended. Certainly skilled iPhone users would find a better reference than this one. At the same time It is definitely not intended to help the smart phone novice. It assumes you already know the fundamentals of iPhones. It is full of information, but never seems to answer my questions.. What it really is --- it's a cheerleader for iPhones, telling you how wonderful they are and how many options are available to you, without really telling you how to use the device. I consider this book a waste of my money. One star is a generous rating.
6 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2017
Overall, this book has been very helpful, but there are some things that are not explained completely, and another place where it is very unclear. It is still worth buying, however, because it has helped with most things.
3 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2015
I Love ALL of the Dummies books. This is no exception. Great step by step instruction on how to do everything in your iPhone or to use apps and a lot more. I can find specific instruciton on a problem I am having without having to read the whole book. I've not had a smart phone before and have a lot to learn. This book has been worth every penny. Even my friends call me and ask me to look up how to do things on their phone. I recommend this and any Dummies Book.
5 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2017
As an older adult who had never used an iPhone, I found this book very helpful. I tried going to Apple classes and tried to use Apple's online instructions, but I found consulting a book easier.
6 people found this helpful
on July 22, 2017
A good book to introduce the IPhone to any one who is new to smartphones I felt it was helpful.
3 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2014
I had purchased this for the parents and at first glance, appeared to be a good manual. But after they started to read through it discovered it was still too technical, unlike the theme of the typical "dummies" manuals which are intended to be written in more 'plain English' language.
14 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2015
This book is good for those of us new to IPhones. I'm sure there are many little quirky issues that this book does not cover (particularly in the "Settings" area). But, to be all inclusive the book would be overwhelming.
5 people found this helpful
on May 17, 2018
I give this to a tech challenged friend who had just bought her first smartphone/iPhone. She religiously read it, and just recently returned from a European trip where she was able to use her iPhone for pictures and texts - amazing for someone who only got the phone a month before the trip!