Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 318 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 350 reviews
on September 22, 2017
I put this light into service 18 Aug. 2017 and it did seem to be just what I was looking for. It was easy to hang and appeared to be good quality construction. After 10 days there was some degradation in light intensity and the ballast didn't want to start every time the timer turned it on. I contacted the company and they said the bulb was likely defective and they sent a new bulb.. The new bulb did solve the problem and there was a noticeable difference in the light intensity of the old 400w HPS compared to the new.
I had read others reviews prior to purchasing the light and many stated the bulbs left some to be desired. In fact, I say they are a good company selling relative to price good quality. They are priced below their competitors. I think it is a good light and priced so all can get into indoor gardening. Their warranty is good. I would recommend and I would buy again.
on August 4, 2017
Good deal on this- No complaints with the ballast performance or noise. Reflector is an entry level quality and the cool tube is a good one. However my HPS bulb went out within a week. I will consider iPower in future purchases, but need to see how the MH bulb performs before i recommend their bulbs.
on July 8, 2017
Light works great and very happy with performance. The only issue I had was the timer didn't keep time correctly, took about 23 hours 56 minutes to complete a full day. Anybody know how to adjust this?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I shopped around a lot and did a lot of research before deciding on this lighting system, and I really think I made the best decision possible. Everything came on time, packaged very neatly, and worked straight out of the box. I was hesitant at first because I thought the price might mean the cool tube was made of cheap materials, but that is not the case. I would suggest this product to anyone and plan on purchasing another in the future.
on April 12, 2017
Didn't work. Waste of my time and delayed my grow schedule.
on July 22, 2013
This kit came with a warranty for the lifetime of the bulbs and ballast. When I got it in the mail there was a small piece of glass broken off and rattling around inside the bulb which turned out to work fine but I had wanted to be safe about it. I called their customer service department and they got a replacement one already shipped out within 24 hours and it arrived 2 days later! Very fast. Several months later the replacement had failed before the expected time and as it happened I soon after got a courtesy follow-up call from Rob who was very friendly and ended up sending another brand new bulb and taking care of it over the phone. No hassle, have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. Thanks Rob!
on April 25, 2015
Easy to put together. Have had it for a couple months now and still is working great. Highly recommend the kit. My plants are growing great under the 600 watt MH bulb. I have a 240 cfm fan with duct work connected to my cool tube, so with the cool tube it reduces heat by approximately 50%. I am able to move it within a foot of my garden plants. This is a very strong light that projects light into a very concentrated 3'x3' area. You can raise it for more coverage. Related to the cool tube design. I suppose a large wing design may project more light over a larger area but the heat would be much greater. The wings on the cool tube are not very big, but do help direct the light projection.
on April 16, 2014
I really like this light for the price, but don't expect to get more the a few plants under this light. That is just the nature of cool tubes. I was dumb and did my research after. The curved glass messes with the light and I found this to give a narrow field of light with a really hot bright spot in the center. That is no fault of this item, just cool tubes in general. The hood itself was well built, but the socket was a bit loose and I found the bulb sagging a bit. I had to bend it up a bit and then screw in the bulb again, this seemed to set the socket in place. Have not had problems yet, but I am keeping an eye on it. All the accessories are great and well built and easy to use. The ballast it wonderful and it stays very cool. Made for beginners, just plug and go. The ballast does all the work. The dimmer works great for turning down the lights on your younger plants.
on January 20, 2014
The shipping was fast and tightly packed, surviving the shipment unscathed. The ballast is compact and runs warm to the touch, but sounds like an aircraft readying to launch. It sparks the MH bulb quickly reaching a stable operating brightness/color after about 3 minutes. The cool tube is sturdy and the base is firmly mounted in the end, it has ample cord for reach. The reflectors on the side kind of just sit on the tube and are high and angled enough that they don't add much downward reflection, but can be manually flexed into a better position. The ratcheting hangers are simple and hold the weight of the tube with ease. The timer isnt very effective at keeping time, i believe its due to the foreign power grid as opposed poor construction though.

I marked it down 1 star because the included MH bulb blew out after three weeks x 6hrs daily. I will be buying a different branded MH bulb and will update this as required.
on March 13, 2013
You can't find similar items for the price anywhere!! I especially like that the cool tube has eye hooks built in compared to others that hang from cable. This allows me to get the cool tube higher in my tent which of course means more space for my plants. The timer and rope ratchets are good quality. I do have issues with the 600 watt ballast tripping my breaker box. I am almost 100% positive I do not have my circuit overloaded. It will run for several hours before I have an issue. I am currently running my 400 watt ballast with the cool tube and am happy with that until I can figure out why my breaker trips. The ballast seems good quality on the outside just like any other digital ballast I've had. Just haven't had time to contact customer support at I power yet however I did recently get an email from them checking on my purchase so that's a good sign to there customer support. Will update review if I figure out my electrical issue.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse