iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal-Empties Itself, Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Black
|With Deal:||$599.00 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$400.99 (40%)|
|Surface Recommendation||Dual Action|
|Controller Type||Amazon Alexa, Voice Control|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
About this item
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the CLEAN BASE Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7+ to empty itself for up to 60 days. AllergenLock Bags capture and trap 99% of pollen and mold.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt & messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & 10X the Power-Lifting Suction.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7+ learns the layout of your home & builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean & navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges & resumes cleaning.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant or via the app enables the i7+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans & when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
- A CLEAN UNIQUE TO YOU - The Roomba i7+ robot vacuum is smarter than ever, learning where & when you normally clean & suggesting personalized schedules so you can focus on everything else.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust & flex to stay in constant contact with carpets & hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog allergens.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
iRobot Roomba i7+ Features
Cleans up after you, & itself
Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7+ to empty itself for up to 60 days.
10x the Power-Lifting Suction & Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that pull in dirt, debris, & pet hair from wherever it hides.
Guided by serious smarts
Intelligently maps & cleans an entire level of your home. With vSLAM navigation, i7+ maps your home to navigate in neat, efficient rows.
New App, New level of clean
From customizable routines to customizable maps, complete control is in your hands. Personalized cleaning suggestions help you stay ahead of messes.
Vacuums messes in the moment
Cereal on the floor? Cat knock over a potted plant? The i7+ can target specific areas within your rooms, like in front of the couch or under a table.
A clean unique to you
Learns from your cleaning habits to offer up customized schedules. Suggests extra cleanings when pollen count is high or during pet shedding season.
Complete control of your clean
With Imprint Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans & when.
Steer clear of objects
You can tell your robot to stay away from certain areas or objects with customizable Keep Out Zones.
Ideal for homes with pets
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog allergens.
The dream team of clean
With Imprint Link Technology, the Roomba i7+ robot vacuum & Braava jet m6 robot mop team up to vacuum then mop automatically in perfect sequence.
Clean without lifting a finger
Through the iRobot Home app or your Google or Alexa voice assistant, simply tell your robot when & where you want it to clean – & consider it done.
Take out the dirty work
Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal with AllergenLock bags use 4 layers of allergen blocking material to trap 99% of pollen and mold.
The Roomba i7+ robot vacuum automatically empties into a disposable AllergenLock bag that holds 60 days of dirt and dust - so you don’t have to think about vacuuming for months at a time. The premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Rubber Brushes provide powerful cleaning, guided by smart mapping technology that learns, maps and adapts to each room. Added control from your smart phone gives you a truly custom clean.
Compare with similar items
Luby Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Powerful 1600PA Suction Wi-Fi Connectivity, Self-Charging, Super-Thin, Quiet, Cleans for Pet Hair, Hard Floors, Low-Pile Carpets, Black
iRobot Roomba i3+ (3550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal Disposal - Empties Itself, Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
iRobot Roomba s9+ (9550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal- Empties itself, Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Anti-Allergen System, Corners & Edges, Ideal for Pet Hair, black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Item Dimensions||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches||12.59 x 12.59 x 3.14 inches||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches||13.40 x 13.40 x 3.54 inches||12.25 x 12.25 x 3.50 inches|
|Item Weight||7.45 lbs||6.17 lbs||—||6.77 lbs||8.20 lbs|
|Runtime||75 minutes||120 minutes||75 minutes||90 minutes||—|
|Special Features||10x Suction, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Ideal for Pet Hair, Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors, Recharges & Resumes||—||—||Good for Pet Hair, Self-Charging, Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors||Automatic Dirt Disposal- 40x Suction, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Anti-Allergen System, Corners & Edges, Ideal for Pet Hair, Wi-Fi Connected|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Called Roomba support. They can connect to the app and see the errors. Thats cool. Takes some troubleshooting but finally decide the problem is in the home base. And it is no longer doing its emptying job, so the Roomba keeps giving errors.
Now it gets crazy, in order to start troubleshooting the base it requires tools and taking the things apart. And if you dont have the right tools you are stuck. Wont warranty it or move forward with troubleshooting unless you are comfortable breaking apart your brand new $1100 vacuum
I had a Roomba about 5 years ago in a previous house. It worked fine, but I'm not sure it was worth the money then. This new version is fantastic. If you are already a Roomba lover, here are the things that are different about this Roomba than previous versions:
1. It is much quieter, and the noise it makes is not a high pitch that worries our dog.
2. The automatic dirt disposal base makes cleaning Roomba a weekly/monthly job instead of an everyday job. We have been using it about a month, and I would say we run it every other day. We have not had to empty the bin yet.
3. Though I thought the app feature was kind of dumb at first, I have really grown to love it. The map is super cool, so even if you are gone while Roomba is running, you can still see what she cleaned. The app will also update you when she docks, empties, or gets stuck. You can use the app to start/stop her.
4. The false wall that is included with this Roomba is a small rectangular piece that functions by itself. This is so much smaller and easier to manage that the old, chunky false walls.
5. This Roomba can clean a lot longer on a full battery charge. Mine will run for about an hour and half on a full charge and that is enough time to go over the first floor of my house (about 3500 sf) one time, completely.
If you have never had a Roomba before and you're on the fence, here is why it is the most phenomenal time-saver you can buy:
1. Unlike a housekeeper, Roomba is in your home ever day and can vacuum daily, or twice daily if you have a messy-eating toddler like me!
2. This is the best version of Roomba (see list above) and means you spend even less time dealing with vacuuming because you will only have to worry about emptying the base every week or so.
3. Roomba is fairly quiet compared to other vacuums and I can run it while my kids are sleeping without waking them up.
4. Roomba can go under anything that is about 3-4 inches off the ground, which typically means she can get under the edge of kitchen/bathroom cabinets towards the toekick. She will even go up under furniture that has fabric skirts hanging down to "hide" the underneath.
5. Roomba can clean any type of flooring. In my home, we have tile, hardwood, and low and high pile rugs. Roomba does it all with seamless transition. There is one transition in my home from hardwood to tile that I was worried about, but she goes right over without issue.
6. If Roomba is running upstairs, she has a sensor that will keep her from tumbling down the stairs.
7. Roomba has a sensor for shadows so she will slow down when she sees a shadow in anticipation for running into something. When Roomba hits something, she is completely padded so she won't leave any marks.
Seriously, just buy it if you can spring for it!
The one advice I can offer is: If you have a dog who sheds or a wife/daughter with long hair, you will occasionally have to help Roomba empty into the bin. Big wads/piles of hair can clog the port between Roomba and the base and keep Roomba from emptying. When I do have to help her, it is easy enough and I don't find it gross so no biggie.
Then a few days later, I tried running another cleaning routine. It completed it and then went back to its dock. However, before docking, it starting to spin around. It did about a dozen revolutions before it stopped, turned its status light red, and again reported "bumper stuck, tap bumper to unstick". Again, it's bumper was not stuck, but I tried tapped it "to dislodge debris", and again, that did nothing. Unfortunately, putting it manually back in its dock did not fix it. As soon as it undocks, it complains about its bumper being stuck. As the bumper moves freely (I can even hear the little click of the contact switches activating), I assume it's probably a defect in one of the switches.
I've contacted iRobot, but so far I haven't heard back from them, making this $1000 robot a glorified paperweight. I've heard the horror stories about their robots breaking down after a few months, but I didn't think it would happen after a couple days. It's especially frustrating, because when it works, it works quite well. That should be IRobot's new motto...
Edit 2019-5-21: After working with their customer service, and proving the defect with some photos taken with my camera, they provided a replacement unit that worked perfectly out of the box. It's ironic that of all the sophisticated technology in it, I'd get one with a bad bumper switch, which is arguably the simplest component. Their customer service ended up being very helpful and were able to resolve the issue.
Top reviews from other countries
Setup was easy. It connected to our Wi-Fi no problem, and the Android app is really easy to set up and use. It's completed three cleaning cycles, and learned our entire main floor which is about 900 sqft total and 5 rooms.
We have a short-hair dog that sheds a lot, and it's cleaned up all the hair, even around chair legs and table legs. The first cleaning cycle took 7.5hrs and required the Roomba to go back to the base unit and empty the dust bin into the base unit three times. Subsequent cleanings took 3 hours, and 2 hours. It's smart enough to repeat some areas 2 or even 3 times when it senses dirtier areas like along baseboards or around where the dog sleeps. The vacuum bag in the base unit is still pretty far from needing to be emptied. A spare vacuum bag is included for when that time comes.
Smart Maps works well. After 3 cleaning cycles, I was able to divide the Roomba's map of my main floor into the 5 different areas we have: A foyer, office, dining room, family room, and kitchen. As far as I can tell, you can designate an almost unlimited number of areas, if you want that.
I haven't connected it to our Google Home yet, so not sure yet how well voice commands will work.
UPDATE: The Roomba is now connected to our Google Home. It was easy to set this up, and it works great. After we spilled some cereal in the kitchen, I said "Hey Google, tell Roomba to clean the kitchen". The Roomba started up, went to the kitchen, cleaned the whole kitchen and returned to the base.
The only downside so far has been that the Roomba sometimes gets stuck. It has trouble with some protruding floor vents, and it sometimes makes our thicker area rugs roll up and fold over instead of successfully navigating on top of them. This happens maybe once a cleaning cycle. This is balanced by the fact the Roomba prevents itself from getting stuck many many times on other potential obstacles.
The vacuuming power is really good. And the spinning edge brush reaches to the edges of walls and objects. Our floors were really clean from edge-to-edge after the first cleaning cycle, no leftover dust or dog fur anywhere. We were really impressed with this.
Bottom line, this has been everything we hoped for. Really clean floors despite a shedding dog, with virtually no effort from us. My wife likes the really clean floors with virtually no effort, I like that the technology works as advertised.
I'll come back and update this post if anything changes over time.
UPDATE: After one month, everything I wrote above is still true. Our floors and area rugs are very clean, we're very impressed with the job it does. The technology works as advertised. The Roomba successfully avoids getting stuck many many times, but will get stuck on protruding floor vents maybe once every 2nd or 3rd cleaning cycle.
Now however, after using the this Roomba for the past 10 months I can honestly say iRobot has created something that surpasses my Karcher in every way.
Cleans the room methodically.
Autonomously recharges as many times as it has to to complete the job.
Autonomously empties its own bin as many times as it has to to complete the job.
Cleans specific areas if requested, not just everything every time.
You can create as many timers as you need.
Each timer lets you specify which areas to clean and how thoroughly.
There are quite a few features built into the software. Too many to mention all of them here, but you get the idea.
iRobot has finally created a nearly autonomous vacuum system.
We got the vacuum yesterday and might have more comments later.
So far we LOVE this vacuum:
- It was super-easy to start cleaning (from button on the vacuum).
- The vacuum if quiet (to compare with Neato), our small dog is not afraid of it.
- Does good job going into corners and cleaning fur under the bed. But still left few pieces here and there.
- Understands layout very well - not bumping into furniture at all, finding exact spot from there it stopped cleaning to empty the bin.
- Does very good job going from carpet to wood and vs versa - overcome some significant bumps without issues.
-Received much quicker than estimated
- Very loud when empty the bin - feels like plane taking off, so can not be run if you sleep next door.
- The bag for bin looks smaller than expected - with all the fur my dog is loosing might fill up quickly.
- A bit too expensive (was considering to cancel the order but it got ship out quicker than expected:))
- Was not able to connect to WIFI from first try, we don't know what exactly is the issue, will try to connect today.
The automatic receptacle was worth every penny. You do not have to worry about emptying the robot because it returns to base and empties itself. I plan on using my central vacuum to clean out the receptacle allowing me to prolong the life of the vacuum bags.
The app is also easy to use. I can’t wait for the mapping to be complete.
I do not regret making this purchase at all. Worth every penny
We got it December 07.2018, cleaned 4 times and the Battery is gone,Ontario Office is in Kitchener ON. Lady answered in Barbados,what a help,i do not know should i scrap it or used as souvenir.
Just bad luck, the money i trowed in garbage.