Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Plan begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty and covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors,Black
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$200.99 (31%)|
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power for improved pick-up performance. (Compared to Roomba 600 Series)
- Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt 2. 0 technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- Ideal for homes with pets. Premium 3-stage cleaning system cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't.
- Unique dual multi-surface rubber brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
- High-Efficiency filter captures 99% of all allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.
- Automatically recharges as needed, and then continues cleaning – until the job is done.
- Customize and control how you clean with the iRobot Home app, Alexa or the Google Assistant.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
iRobot Roomba 960 Features
iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home.
Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes
Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & Power-Lifting Suction deliver 5X the air power* for improved pick-up performance.
Ideal for homes with pets
Ideal for homes with pets. High-Efficiency Filter captures 99% of allergens, pollen, & dust as small as 10 microns.
Imprint Link Technology allows Roomba 960 & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence – vacuuming & then mopping.
Compare iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums. >> Scroll Right For Full Lineup >>
Why Authorized Resellers and Authentic Accessories?
When you purchase an iRobot product, you are making an investment in your home. Purchasing Authentic iRobot products from Authorized Resellers is the only way to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment. Products purchased from an Unauthorized Reseller will not be covered or serviced by iRobot. For additional details, please view the PDF links in the technical specifications section.
- (IBR Labs, 8/16/2018)
- Patent # US6956348B2
- *Compared to Roomba 600 & 700 Series Robots.
The Roomba 960 robot vacuum seamlessly navigates room to room to clean an entire level of your home, recharging and resuming until the job is done. Roomba 960 loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt with up to 5x more air power and requires less maintenance. Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot HOME App.
Compare with similar items
Luby Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Powerful 1600PA Suction Wi-Fi Connectivity, Self-Charging, Super-Thin, Quiet, Cleans for Pet Hair, Hard Floors, Low-Pile Carpets, Black
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) Robot Vacuum - Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum, Black
eufy Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Super-Thin 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets, Black
iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal-Empties Itself, Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Black
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||EufyHome||iRobot Store|
|Item Dimensions||13.80 x 13.80 x 3.60 inches||12.59 x 12.59 x 3.14 inches||13.40 x 13.40 x 3.54 inches||13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches||12.80 x 12.80 x 2.85 inches||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches|
|Item Weight||8.60 lbs||6.17 lbs||6.77 lbs||7.23 lbs||5.73 lbs||7.45 lbs|
|Runtime||75 minutes||120 minutes||90 minutes||90 minutes||100 minutes||75 minutes|
|Special Features||5x stronger power, Expanded entire level coverage, 75 minute runtime, Ideal for pet hair, Wi-Fi connected||—||Good for Pet Hair, Self-Charging, Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors||5x Suction, Ideal for pet hair, Self-Charging, Wi-Fi connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors||BoostIQ, Powerful performance, slim(2.85”); 100 minute runtime||10x Suction, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Ideal for Pet Hair, Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors, Recharges & Resumes|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In addition, the 980 is supposed to have a much stronger motor and perform several times better...this in fact does not seem to be the case. Instead, the motor goes into "turbo" mode which basically appears to mean it gets noisier, and nothing more. Based on these issue, I would strongly recommend that you do not spend the money on either the 960 or 980 if your primary reason for purchase is the "return to charger" function.
1) we noticed clumps of dog hair being left behind, so we have to follow around and pick up balls of fur, so started trying to figure that out.
2) we have to empty the bin at least twice during a full cleaning (guess we are dirtier than most as this is new carpet with roomba from day one). We do live in the country.
3) the rollers get hair wrapped around the ends and when I say wrapped, it’s a lot. I have a handful after clearing the rollers. I cleaned the rollers yesterday before running it, I had to clean them again this morning for example and you must remove them to clean out the ends.
So my bottom line is that paying more for the pet friendly version may not be necessary. So if you want to save a few $’s a different model may suffice. And yes I’d be happy to test future models as we can truly give it the pet test!
Turns out, in a majority of instances, this robot won't be able to complete a simple vacuuming job on it's own, without some intervention from me. Looking at the history of job's in the app, I've counted that over the last 3 months, the success rate of the vacuum starting, cleaning, and returning to charge is about 40%. Which i think is unacceptable for such a costly unit, and poorer than my 6-year old Neato.
The most frequent reasons this Roomba won't complete it's jobs are:
1) It won't start because it indicates it's bin is full. Except, the bin is actually empty. Apparently there's a known issue where the dust sensors on the robot get clouded with, um, dust - and therefore *think* the bin is full but it's actually empty. There's a work-around that iRobot puts on it's support forums which involves cleaning sensors on the bin and the robot quite frequently in order for the machine to work. But needed to worry about work-arounds is unacceptable on a brand new, supposedly latest tech vacuum. My 6-year old Neato wins on this one.
2) It'll get stuck in random places - even on an open floor. Not on any objects or barriers - it just get's trapped into some corner or chair and won't be able to figure out how to get out. And there's no consistent pattern to where it'll get stuck, so I can't even use a wall barrier to limit the Roomba's path (not that the wall barrier works well either!). Again, my 6-year old Neato does a better job on this.
3) Probably most frustratingly, it will complete its vacuuming job - but won't be able to return to it's dock to charge. See attached video. It sees the dock, moves toward it, but can't latch on and charge itself. And it'll keep trying until the battery completely drains. As a result, whenever I really need to quickly start the vacuum, it's sitting there - pretty and dead. My 6-year old Neato has almost never missed docking itself!
Quite honestly, there's more hype than substance with Roombas. My house as two levels, and for the second level I have bought a Neato Botvac D3 Wifi Connected. It has practically all the features (incl. wifi / maps etc.) that this Roomba has, but for half the price and twice the performance.
I really regret buying this Roomba and wish I could return it for a refund.
Top international reviews
- Goes over kitchen mats and floor rugs and onto hardwood floors without any issue.
- Short enough to go under bed and couch.
- Will sense ledges and not fall off - I can put it on the kitchen counter or stairs and it will sense the end of the ledges and turn around.
- Can be turned on from work using smart phone.
- Notifies you when garbage is full
- Recharges itself when battery is low and goes back out
- Remembers which parts it's vacuumed and which areas it hasn't
- Still expensive for a vacuum (~$1,082 including tax)
- Can't leave papers or receipts on the floor (will suck them up and shred them)
- Won't vacuum up crumbs on the couch - needs to be on a flat surface
I get a real kick out of the messages it sends to my phone e.g. Dust bin needs emptying, Charging, but my favourite is: fallen off a cliff! This only happens when I have the patio door open and it tries to climb the opening. It never falls down stairs or into our sunken living room.
My first Roomba could not do the whole main floor so it now runs through the bedrooms, again starting at 9am.
As you can read I love my Roomba and would never have another pet without having a Roomba to get the pet hair.
iRobot and OneDealOutletCanada both refused to do anything to help me. Now on top of the rediculously high purchase price I'm buying replacement parts out of pocket.
Read the fine print and don't get screwed like I did.
Le pourquoi du 4 étoiles sur 5 est que, il y a souvent quelques petits bug de capteur de bac plein. Donc, on ne peut pas le laisser faire ses tâches quand nous ne sommes pas à la maison. 3 fois sur 4, il cesse de passer l'aspirateur à cause de ça. Bien qu'il y ait une façon d'outre passer ce problème dans l'appli, on ne peut se permettre ça car comme je disais plutôt, nous vivons sur une ferme et le bac doit être vidé une fois pendant sa tâche complète et nous voulons qu'il arrête lorsque son bac est plein.
Les points positifs:
- Il nous aide à garder les choses bien rangé!! :) Car sinon il les gobera! (fil, petit jouet etc...)
- Le plancher n'a jamais été aussi propre
- Fait tout les bords de mur et contour de patte de chaise etc...
- Une très bonne autonomie
- Extrêmement facile d'entretien, nettoyage ou remplacement des pièces ''critiques''.
Les points négatifs:
- On ne peut le laissé seul dû au capteur de bac plein.
- Je ne passe plus l'aspirateur!! ;)
Comme commentaire final. Bien que le capteur ne soit pas au point, si je devais en racheter un demain matin, je le ferais sans hésitation!
The app is easy to install/use and whilst it's a cute bell/whistle, I wonder how much it inflates the pricing.
- navigates very well, never got stuck in months of use (even though it seems to get to one particular room several times more with no reason)
- cleaning suction power is good for hardwood floors
- does entire floorplan in one charge (~1hr)
- still leaves some dirt that was spread by the rotating brush
- does not fit under my couch, you may want some really low profile both if you have furniture low
- requires account registration/connection to operate the app, which means when the login wasn't working for a week I had to press the button on vacuum manually to start (since I had no schedule set yet)
For the money, I think it's a winner. I set tit o clean at the same time every day and I don't have to do anything. I'm very happy with my Roomba 960.
However, overall, it has saved me a tremendous amount of time. I have two cats at my apartment and the litter situation was not ideal. The Roomba takes care of that perfectly! The cleaning reports are awesome, showing me where the vacuum passed. I recommend this product!