Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connecti..." and save 34% off the $374.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Asurion Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Patented 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high-traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors. Filters captures fine dust and debris
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets and hard floors
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
An early pioneer in robotics, iRobot was founded in 1990 with the vision of making practical robots a reality. Today, we design and build innovative home robots, including the Roomba Vacuuming Robot and the Braava family of mopping robots. But our technology isn’t just about robots. It’s about you – and finding better ways to help you get more done.
iRobot Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Vacuuming Robot
High-performance, good for pet hair, Wi-Fi connected
Connect to clean from anywhere with the Roomba 690 robot vacuum. The patented 3-Stage Cleaning System is specially engineered to loosen, lift, and suction everything from small particles to large debris from carpets and hard floors. Dirt Detect sensors alert the Roomba robot vacuum to clean more thoroughly on concentrated areas of dirt. Just press clean or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot Home App.
- Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- Home Base Charging Station
- 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier (2 AA Batteries Included)
- 1 Extra Filter
- 1 Flat Cleaning Tool
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- Owner's Guide & Documentation Package
Engineered for performance
The patented 3-Stage Cleaning System uses Dual Multi-Surface brushes, a specially designed Edge-Sweeping brush, and vacuum suction to attack everything from small particles to large debris on your carpets and hard floors.
The lithium ion battery keeps the Roomba robot vacuum's powerful cleaning system running.
Dual Multi-Surface Brushes
The only leading robot vacuum brand* with two main cleaning brushes - one to loosen dirt and the other to pick it up. The brushes work together to grab and remove dirt, dust, hair, and large debris from your floors.
*Based on GFK and NPD data, January - June 2017.
Clean debris from carpets and hard floors
The Auto-Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts is height to keep the Multi-Surface Brushes in close contact with different floor surfaces, effectively cleaning carpets and hard floors.
Dirt Detect Technology
Patented Dirt Detect sensors recognize concentrated areas of dirt, like in high-traffic zones of your home, and provide additional cleaning in those spots.
Sweeps away debris hiding along walls
The Edge-Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27-degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners.
Intelligently navigates your home
Using a full suite of smart sensors, the Roomba robot vacuum makes more than 60 decisions per second to adapt to your home and thoroughly clean your floors. Cliff detect sensors avoid stairs and other drop-offs.
Use with the included Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier for more control over where your robot cleans.
iRobot HOME App
Clean and schedule your robot vacuum anytime, from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App. Access tips and support, turn on push notifications to receive real time updates on cleaning jobs, and more - all from your smartphone.
All Wi‐Fi connected Roomba vacuuming robots are compatible on devices with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant. Simply ask Alexa or the Google Assistant to start, stop, or dock your robot.
|Roomba 614||Roomba 690||Roomba 890||Roomba 960||Roomba 980|
|Patented 3-Stage Cleaning System - picks up small dust to large debris||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Brushes||Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush||Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush||Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush||Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush||Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush|
|Vacuum suction||✓||✓||5x power||5x power||10x power + deeper cleaning on carpets|
|Multi-Surface Cleaning with Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Automatically recharges itself||✓||✓||✓||Recharge and Resume||Recharge and Resume|
|iAdapt Navigation with full suite of sensors||✓||✓||✓||+ Visual Navigation for entire level coverage||+ Visual Navigation for entire level coverage|
|Dirt Detect Technology||✓||✓||Advanced Dirt Detect Technology||Advanced Dirt Detect Technology||Advanced Dirt Detect Technology|
|Smart Home Connected||Use with iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant||Use with iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant||Use with iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant + Clean Map reports||Use with iRobot HOME App, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant + Clean Map reports & advanced cleaning settings|
Why Authorized Resellers and Authentic Accessories?
Protect Your Investment
When you purchase an iRobot product, you are making an investment in your home. Purchasing Authentic iRobot products from Authorized Resellers is the only way to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment.
Protect Your Warranty
Should you purchase your robot from an Unauthorized Reseller, your product will not be covered by the iRobot Manufacturer's Warranty and will not be serviced by iRobot.
Always ensure that replacement parts such as batteries, filters, and brushes are Authentic iRobot parts. Use of 3rd party replacement parts can also void your robot's warranty.
Protect Your Robot's Performance
Accessories and replacement parts manufactured by 3rd parties may have a negative impact on product performance and can cause damage to your robot.
- Purchasing your robot or accessories from an unauthorized reseller will void your warranty
- To ensure you are purchasing from an Authorized Reseller, reference the PDF in the Warranty & Support section on this page
- For additional details, please visit the Where to Buy page on the manufacturer's website
The Roomba 690 Vacuuming Robot navigates to clean under furniture and around clutter. The patented, 3-Stage Cleaning System picks up dust, pet hair and large debris like cereal. Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot HOME App. Built on the proven Roomba 650 robot platform, this upgraded 600 series model now features iRobot HOME App compatibility and a sleek, updated design.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you have a very messy house with lots of stuff laying around on the floor like bedding, shoes with laces, towels, laundry, workout barbells, toys or furniture that is lower or right at 3 3/4" high underneath, or a puppy that is not housebroken, yeah it happened, not once but three times! Then this is NOT for you.
This IS for you if you are very neat and have nothing laying around, you have a cat or dog that sheds and you just don't have time to vacuum every day, then Yes Yes Yes you will be over joyed with this robot!
I fell somewhere in the middle. I vacuum every single day and steam clean weekly. I have two dogs and we are messy, still, I thought my floors were pretty clean. The first time I ran the Roomba it ran about two hours and when I emptied the tray I was shocked! It was packed with dirt, hair, bugs, (see pic) I couldn't believe I was missing so many areas with my vacuum. I use both an upright and a canister and a steamer! The Roomba can get into corners with its three rotating brushes and best of all it can fit under most furniture! It got under my beds, bathroom vanity, most dressers, my commercial fridge, the sofa, the bar, all my tables, the dining room set, behind the recliners and what was in all those places left me speechless! I have a 2000 sq foot single level house, all tile with several area rugs. Roomba did just as well on rugs as it did on my tile. Did it do the whole house in one use, no but after a week of daily use I have to say, the floors were pretty darn clean. My cordless bagless upright had much less in it after a week of Roomba working.
I love the Ap I can run it from my phone, track its run time, even send it back to the charger.
As I said, in my case, I am somewhere between neat and messy and several times Roomba got stuck on a shoelace, towel or under one bedroom set that is right at its top height and got stuck under the nightstand and dresser. It was sometimes able to tilt on the edge of a rug close to the dresser and force its way underneath where it was stuck in circles and the battery eventually ran out. Also, it got stuck under the nightstand and couldn't move and shut off. It does have an auto shut off should it jam under a dresser on a shoelace etc..good feature but if it's in a back room I could not hear the warning sound and it could not get back to the charger. As I said, your furniture needs to be over 3 3/4" high for this to get underneath, it did not work in our master bedroom because of this, so we keep that door shut. It did a wonderful job in the rest of the house.
I love that it can sense an especially dirty area like the front door mat and automatically goes in circles spiraling outward to do an extra good cleaning in that area. You can also use the Ap to do that.
It comes with a small cube that you can place in an area to avoid like pet bowls or a room. The switch can be set for two patterns, circular pattern or a straight line setting for a doorway.
The unit goes back to the charger on its own unless it gets trapped in an area by clutter and runs the battery dead. This happened in the workout room several times when it got stuck between a barbell, total gym and an exercise bike, again, not for those with lots of stuff.
This for me, even though I am somewhat of a clutter bug, was still worth having especially for keeping up with two small shedding dogs and a heavily used kitchen with flour everywhere.
Could it be my only vacuum, no, not really, my house is too big for Roomba to keep up with, thus 4 not 5 stars. If my house was smaller and I had less stuff I would give this 100 stars, it is well worth the price for a house around 1400 sq ft. And no clutter.
You do have to empty the tray every day, it is a bit messy so best to take it to a can outside. It has a spare filter but I just tapped the original one out on the can and put it back in. It has a hair cutting tool to easily clean hair from the brush.
We had an incident as I mentioned with a well hidden puppy poop under the bed. No, it was not easy to clean that from the Roomba and we got a lot of practice as it has happened three times! We have become very good at taking the brushes, door, wheels etc off the Roomba and it does come apart easily for thorough cleaning but do try to avoid poo, it's not pretty!
All in all a fantastic cleaning machine I would absolutely recommend this, but only to certain people.
Enter Ruby. Oh Ruby... how I love thee. I ordered Ruby on a Sunday, coincidentally the same day I talked my husband into sweeping and mopping the floors without my assistance. By Thursday when Ruby arrived, the Doggie Hair tumbleweeds and dirt were beginning to take over the house again. Ruby was easy to set up, and while she was charging for her maiden voyage, my husband and I set out to reconfigure some areas in our home where we had things stored on the floor, under beds, or cords were left in the way,etc. While we were at it, we went ahead and swept dirt out of the awkward corners into the main floor area to see how she'd do. Our home is one level, 2400sq ft mostly hardwood and tile with carpet in just the bedrooms. We do not have rugs with the exception of a bath mat in 2 of the bathrooms. Our house is older, and has been remodeled so there are a couple of awkward corners.
On Day one, Ruby struggled. Oh bless her poor little drunken soul. She bobbed and weaved and missed areas and spit things back out and eventually died lost in a back bedroom. We re-charged her and ran her again. She did ok the second time, but again got stuck somewhere with a dead battery. (I emptied her dust bin a total of 5 times that day and it was incredibly full each time. For shame!!) We went ahead and set up a schedule for her, and thought If we weren't happy after a week, we'd return her and go back to fighting and slaving over the floors and finding excuses for people to not come over.
After 6 days, I can honestly say I'm in love with Ruby. Six whole days of us not touching a broom (aside from sweeping the dirt from an awkward corner into her path the first day), there is not a single doggie hair tumbleweed on our floors. My feet are pretty clean when I run around barefooted all day. I'm no longer embarrassed or panicked when someone says they're going to stop by the house. It's even clean under the beds and couches!!! $324.73 and WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
Here are the questions I really wanted answered before I purchased, so I'll try to answer them for you.
1. No, she doesn't go in a direct grid pattern. Run her everyday, and she'll get what she missed yesterday today. Give her time, she really does get better each day! *After the first week I watched her work and I've noticed she now follows a more grid like pattern. It's not a perfect grid, but it's obvious there's a method to her madness*
2. Wifi function is great for setting a schedule, and for locating her when she occasionally can't find her way home when her battery dies, and for starting her away from home if you need to. I think we probably could have lived without this function, but I'm not sorry we have it.
3. My white baseboards and all furniture legs are perfectly fine
4. The same dogs that are petrified of my upright Kirby and upright Bissel Shampooer don't pay any attention to Ruby unless she runs into them.
5. Watching TV or going about regular life while she's running is no problem. Working from home means she needs to be in a other part of the house due to the noise
6. Yea, she can't always find her way home when her battery dies. My husband and I decided we're perfectly willing to go chase her down and put her on her base in exchange for not having to manually clean our floors. *Ruby has now docked herself everyday except for 1. I guess she just needed to learn the floor layout that first week* *Week 3 she now always docks herself*
7. She has not scratched our original hardwood floors.
8. She transitions easily from one flooring to the next, even over the little connector strip thingies (All of my flooring is light colored)
9. Give her a week. While moving things off the floors and out from under beds the first day, I left her a couple of treasures (dog hair that was embedded around the bed posts and other tight areas). I checked today,(6 days later) and she has gotten all the hair that's wrapped itself around furniture legs in the whole house
10. Mopping: Originally I had planned to purchase a robotic mop shortly after getting Ruby. As the weeks went by, I noticed it was 3 weeks before the floors needed to be mopped again and frankly , I could have gotten away with a spot mop then. What we had normally spent about 20 minutes on once a week, has turned into 20 minutes every 3 weeks. So overall, we've traded in an average of 2.5 hours a week of our time cleaning floors each week for a new average of roughly 10-15 minutes per week between dumping ruby and occassionally mopping. Thank you Ruby!
Most recent customer reviews
1. Lack of suction power. Only good for carpets under the bed.
2. Battery will drained within 6 months.Read more