Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot" and save 31% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $61.65 shipping
3 Year Asurion Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
|Price:||$698.98 + $11.30 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Founded in 1990 by roboticists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, iRobot is THE robot company. For more than twenty years, our focus has been to provide robots that empower people to do more – whether that's in defense and security, telepresence communication or in the home.
iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
The iRobot Roomba 780 vacuum cleaning robot removes up to 98% of dirt, dust and pet hair – on its own – at the touch of a button. Using iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology, the robot thoroughly vacuums the entire floor, including hard-to-reach spots under furniture.
3-Stage Cleaning with AeroVac Series 2 – Roomba 780 picks up an amazing amount of dirt, pet hair and other debris with its patented 3-stage cleaning system. A spinning side brush cleans along wall edges, counter-rotating brushes act like a dustpan and broom, and a powerful AeroVac Series 2 vacuum pulls dirt, hair, and debris off the brushes to the back of the bin. Roomba 780 uses a new advanced cleaning head which provides superior performance for picking up pet hair, dirt, dust and more.
iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology – iAdapt is iRobot’s advanced system of software and sensors that allows Roomba to clean more of your room, more thoroughly. It ensures Roomba vacuums every section of your room multiple times, cleaning areas you can’t easily reach including under furniture, around everyday obstacles, and along walls. It even avoids stairs and drop-offs, navigates past soft barriers such as couch skirts, recognizes cords and carpet fringe, and self-adjusts to clean hardwood, carpet, and linoleum.
Long-lasting battery – The robot uses sophisticated power management software that results in 50% longer battery life than previous Roomba generations, ensuring hundreds of cleaning cycles under proper use.
Cliff detecting technology prevents your Roomba from falling down stairs
Control Roomba by infrared remote without getting up
Roomba can be scheduled to perform up to seven cleaning sessions per week
Virtual Wall Lighthouses use infrared beams to block Roomba from entering off-limit areas
Roomba’s wall-following technology allows it to clean along edges and corners
Roomba self-adjusts between floor types, providing optimized cleaning
|iRobot Roomba 630||iRobot Roomba 650||iRobot Roomba 770||iRobot Roomba 780||iRobot Roomba 790||iRobot Roomba 880|
|Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Virtually Maintenance Free|
|Cleaning System||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroForce Performance Cleaning System|
|XLife Extended Life Battery||✓|
|Filtration||AeroVac Filter||AeroVac Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter|
|iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Dirt Detect||Series I||Series I||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning|
|Full Bin Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessories Included||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Walls, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||3 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Large HEPA Filter|
|Remote Control||✓||✓||Wireless Command Center||✓|
iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies. The iRobot Roomba 780 vacuum cleaning robot removes up to 98% of dirt, dust and pet hair on its own at the touch of a button. Using iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology, the robot thoroughly vacuums the entire floor, including hard-to-reach spots under furniture.
Compare with similar items
iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa
iRobot Roomba 860 Robot Vacuum
iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa
|Shipping||$11.30||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||greatpower 8||Lanmark Products||Amazon.com||USA Supply Source||Amazon.com||Arad System|
|Item Dimensions||3.4 x 13.9 x 13.9 in||3.4 x 13.9 x 13.9 in||13 x 13 x 3.6 in||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 in||13 x 13 x 3.6 in||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 in|
|Item Weight||13.6 lbs||—||7.8 lbs||8 lbs||8.4 lbs||8.7 lbs|
|Runtime||—||—||60 minutes||—||60 minutes||120 minutes|
|Additional Features||Superior pick-up power on pet hair.||Superior pick-up power on pet hair.||Powerful performance, Thorough coverage, 60 min runtime, Wi-Fi connected||5x stronger power, Thorough coverage, 60 minute runtime, Scheduling, Ideal for pet hair||5x stronger power, Thorough coverage, 60 min runtime, Ideal for pet hair, Wi-Fi connected||10x stronger power, Expanded entire level coverage, 120 minute runtime, Ideal for pet hair, Wi-Fi connected|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1)Is a Roomba right for me?
2)Should I go for the 780 over the 760 or 770?
Let me address question (1) first: Is the Roomba right for me? My thoughts on the Roomba are this. It is a great little automatic vacuum/duster but it isn't perfect. Here are the pros and cons as I see them:
* It's an automated vacuum. Seriously, how awesome is that? Who wants to spend a morning vacuuming when they can just let loose the tiny 'bot and go do other things? Not me.
* Adaptive logic. The brain behind how it gets every space covered.
* Programmable. iRobot encourages tech-heads to program their Roombas to get the most out of it though I haven't and I don't think it is essential.
* Date and time functions. You can program when you want the little bot to run it's cleaning cycle.
* Small dust bin. The dust bin was reading full after vacuuming one small carpeted room before even completing its cleaning cycle.
* Not really truly set and forget - just like regular vacuuming, you need to prepare the room. Think of the things you normally move around when vacuuming so you can get behind furniture or other objects. You need to pre-move everything. Do doors stay open so the Roomba can go from room to room or do you close them to get behind them and set the Roomba in each room individually?
* Lots of maintenance - it says you need to de-hairs the sweeper rollers after every 3 - THREE - uses. Is that something you normally do for your big vac?
* Small replaceable filters - no bag means the filters will get dirtier faster and will need to be replaced more often.
* Deep cleaning - I guess I just don't see the little vac giving that "deep" clean that a full size unit can deliver.
For me, I use my Roomba as a excellent little automated duster for our hard floors. It really helps in keeping those pesky dust bunnies in check though I still need to get the swiffer out to get underneath dressers and such.
The 780 is truly gorgeous. With the touch controls and finish it looks as good as any Apple product IMHO, a beautiful complement to any modern deco home.
780 vs 770 vs. 760.
All have HEPA filters and the same cleaning mechanism. The 770 and 780 have improved dust detection through added sensors and the 780 inlcudes 2 light towers to help with room to room navigation and touch controls versus buttons. Additionally my 780 came with cleaning tools for the spin brush and rollers as well as an extra set of rollers/spin brush and hepa filters.
The Roomba is a great added tool to keeping my house clean but I am not sure I could rely on it alone to get the job done.
Usage update: I've found that if I leave the Roomba unused for an extended period of time, say 2 weeks, then I run the risk of having to reset the unit. This is just weird and possibly a software glitch which I'm not sure of how to update.
Secondly, and neat way to prolong the life of those mini-filters? I vacuum them with my big vac and bang, they're back looking fresh.
We have a new construction home with a open floor plan that is all hardwood on the main level with 3 area rugs. We have a large family room that leads into a dinning/kitchen/breakfast nook. The idea behind getting this was we have cats and I didn't want to be sweeping every other day for cat hair.
Does it work? Yes! I have it programmed to run every morning and with 4 cats currently in the house the "bag" is full after every run. So what makes this hard? Well there is a learning curve with a Roomba.
We spent the first 2 weeks finding all the problem areas:
- It loves to wedge its self under the sofa, so check the heights of you sofas and other furniture.
- It loves to lock its self in our powder room, so any rooms with a door need the door closed or propped open with something Roomba can't move.
- You must keep you floor free of toys and other small objects! Cat toys and other small things will get sucked up and jammed inside.
- If you have pets expect to thoroughly dismantle and clean your Roomba every 14 outings (so every 2 weeks if you run daily) maybe even weekly. The dust and hair get everywhere inside the Roomba, I have to take off the wheels and clean the gears, brushes obviously need lots of attention, the main wheel well gets chunks of hair that cause the wheel not to turn as easily.
I think this was something I wanted to love but just can't because I still put a lot of effort into cleaning. Instead of sweeping I'm picking things off the floor and cleaning a Roomba. I can't deny that it works, I can tell the moment I get home if Roomba got stuck and wasn't able to finish it's run. Just be prepared to still do work on your end and see which side you'd fall into to: Am I training my Roomba to clean, or is the Roomba training you to be cleaner.