iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
|Sale:||$499.99 + $11.30 shipping|
|You Save:||$100.00 (17%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Founded in 1990 by roboticists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, iRobot is THE robot company. For more than twenty years, our focus has been to provide robots that empower people to do more – whether that's in defense and security, telepresence communication or in the home.
iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
The iRobot Roomba 780 vacuum cleaning robot removes up to 98% of dirt, dust and pet hair – on its own – at the touch of a button. Using iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology, the robot thoroughly vacuums the entire floor, including hard-to-reach spots under furniture.
3-Stage Cleaning with AeroVac Series 2 – Roomba 780 picks up an amazing amount of dirt, pet hair and other debris with its patented 3-stage cleaning system. A spinning side brush cleans along wall edges, counter-rotating brushes act like a dustpan and broom, and a powerful AeroVac Series 2 vacuum pulls dirt, hair, and debris off the brushes to the back of the bin. Roomba 780 uses a new advanced cleaning head which provides superior performance for picking up pet hair, dirt, dust and more.
iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology – iAdapt is iRobot’s advanced system of software and sensors that allows Roomba to clean more of your room, more thoroughly. It ensures Roomba vacuums every section of your room multiple times, cleaning areas you can’t easily reach including under furniture, around everyday obstacles, and along walls. It even avoids stairs and drop-offs, navigates past soft barriers such as couch skirts, recognizes cords and carpet fringe, and self-adjusts to clean hardwood, carpet, and linoleum.
Long-lasting battery – The robot uses sophisticated power management software that results in 50% longer battery life than previous Roomba generations, ensuring hundreds of cleaning cycles under proper use.
Cliff detecting technology prevents your Roomba from falling down stairs
Control Roomba by infrared remote without getting up
Roomba can be scheduled to perform up to seven cleaning sessions per week
Virtual Wall Lighthouses use infrared beams to block Roomba from entering off-limit areas
Roomba’s wall-following technology allows it to clean along edges and corners
Roomba self-adjusts between floor types, providing optimized cleaning
|iRobot Roomba 630||iRobot Roomba 650||iRobot Roomba 770||iRobot Roomba 780||iRobot Roomba 790||iRobot Roomba 880|
|Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Virtually Maintenance Free|
|Cleaning System||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroForce Performance Cleaning System|
|XLife Extended Life Battery||✓|
|Filtration||AeroVac Filter||AeroVac Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter|
|iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Dirt Detect||Series I||Series I||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning|
|Full Bin Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessories Included||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Walls, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||3 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Large HEPA Filter|
|Remote Control||✓||✓||Wireless Command Center||✓|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot B008LX6OC6
iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot B00IO9PBPS
|Shipping||$11.30||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Special Features||bagless||cordless||HEPA Filtration||bagless|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Limited Warranty||1-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty On Robot, 6-Month Manufacturer's Limited Warranty On Battery||Information not provided||1 year|
|Dimensions||13.9 inches x 13.9 inches x 3.4 inches||13.4 inches x 13.4 inches x 3.6 inches||10.5 inches x 10.5 inches x 3.2 inches||3.6 inches x 13.9 inches x 13.9 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1)Is a Roomba right for me?
2)Should I go for the 780 over the 760 or 770?
Let me address question (1) first: Is the Roomba right for me? My thoughts on the Roomba are this. It is a great little automatic vacuum/duster but it isn't perfect. Here are the pros and cons as I see them:
* It's an automated vacuum. Seriously, how awesome is that? Who wants to spend a morning vacuuming when they can just let loose the tiny 'bot and go do other things? Not me.
* Adaptive logic. The brain behind how it gets every space covered.
* Programmable. iRobot encourages tech-heads to program their Roombas to get the most out of it though I haven't and I don't think it is essential.
* Date and time functions. You can program when you want the little bot to run it's cleaning cycle.
* Small dust bin. The dust bin was reading full after vacuuming one small carpeted room before even completing its cleaning cycle.
* Not really truly set and forget - just like regular vacuuming, you need to prepare the room. Think of the things you normally move around when vacuuming so you can get behind furniture or other objects. You need to pre-move everything. Do doors stay open so the Roomba can go from room to room or do you close them to get behind them and set the Roomba in each room individually?
* Lots of maintenance - it says you need to de-hairs the sweeper rollers after every 3 - THREE - uses. Is that something you normally do for your big vac?
* Small replaceable filters - no bag means the filters will get dirtier faster and will need to be replaced more often.Read more ›
I wish I wasn't writing this. Oh how we wanted this robot to sweep into our home and change our lives, just like we wanted our Roomba Red to do way back in 2004. Unfortunately we were left just as disappointed with our new 780 as we were when we bought a Roomba Red eight years before. We figured that eight years in iRobot cleaning technology would make this an amazing vacuum. Not so much. I wanted this iRobot to handle vacuuming our whole house like a true intelligent machine, but instead I have gained a round auto spot-cleaning machine. Because that's the only thing it really works for in my home. The "SPOT" function, where you set it down and it vacuums just a small area for you instead of traveling around your whole house. I'd recommend giving this vacuum a try if you have a home with mostly hard floors and you don't have many obstacles for it to get caught on.
Problems we have with the 780: (And I've posted photos above to support my review)
- It needs a baby-sitter. Roomba constantly gets caught and stuck in various places throughout our home that we can't do anything about, such as our wood trim and stair balusters and the legs of our bed tables. This pops the dust bin out and stalls the Roomba (see photos). If you don't notice this for a while it's disappointing to walk into the room thinking it should be clean, and instead have to reset the whole thing.
- It takes a really long time to complete the vacuuming of an entire room. I don't understand the paths it takes and the patterns it makes. It seems like it could and should be much more efficient at covering square footage in a room than it is.Read more ›
Roomba 780 is very easy to use. Push start button, it goes. It can vacuum a room without using virtual wall or lighthouse. But if you want to run it in a specific area, virtual wall works like a closed door or wall. Roomba will not pass virtual wall. If you want to vacuum multiple rooms at once, placing lighthouse at different area will virtually divide the area into subareas. Roomba will first finish the 1st area, then move onto the next one.
- It is great that you can program the date/time you want it to run.
- It starts by itself at the programed date/time and goes back to the charging dock automatically after cleaning.
- It vacuums the room effectively. Hair, bread crumbs all get sucked into the vacuum. Recently, I had my windows installed. After the installers vacuumed the room w/ their professional vacuum and I using my Miele, I ran Roomba for another round of vacuuming. I was very pleased to see that Roomba got a lot of debris out of the shag carpet.
- Good battery power to vacuum a large area.
- Noisy. I find it painful to run it while I am home.
- Navigation is not as sophisticated and effective as Mint 5200. It repeatedly gets stuck at some tight corners or passages, and needs to be removed. This is a problem if you are not home. Worse, when you come home, you have no idea how much it has cleaned before it got stuck.
- The bin is small and is full after each daily run in my townhouse (I've no pets, but have a few rugs). It is a bit of work (about 5 minutes) to empty the bin, remove hair from the brush and beater brush, wheel, and remove dust from hepa filters.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A couple nights ago I was in the mood to spend money, so I bought this little robot. I did my research and everything was pointing to me getting this model. I regret it so much. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Pannullo
I like this vacuum for cleaning under the bed, and it's a good supplement to regular vacuuming. I don't think it's worth the steep price, though. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Melissa
This is very hard to write a review for. I am very torn by this product so here is a little background. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Blayze Lewis
HI, I just bought this few month age, and now is not working at all. Can I return back and fix it or if you do give for one year gaurantee fix. Thank you.Published 10 days ago by susan
Awesome product. Works great on carpet and hardfloor. We have several pets and the iRobot cleans very well. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Olga
This thing is crazy frustrating. I sent it back and got the Neato Botvac D80. Several of my friends have since bought the Neato as well. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Peggy M.
This little robot is amazing, we have stained concrete floors for the first floor and it keeps them pretty clean. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Keith N
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets