Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
|Price:||$380.00 + $10.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Just press CLEAN to get started
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types - carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Founded in 1990 by roboticists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, iRobot is THE robot company. For more than twenty years, our focus has been to provide robots that empower people to do more – whether that's in defense and security, telepresence communication or in the home.
iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets
Roomba 630 does the vacuuming for you. Using its patented 3-stage cleaning system, Roomba removes dirt, dust and much more while automatically adjusting to clean carpets, hardwood, tile and linoleum floors as it moves through your home.
3-Stage Cleaning with AeroVac – Roomba 630 uses a powerful 3-stage cleaning system to pick up an amazing amount of dirt, pet hair, and other debris. A spinning side brush cleans along wall edges to loosen dirt and dust. Then, Roomba’s counter-rotating brushes act like a broom and dustpan to pull debris from the floor. Finally, the powerful AeroVac vacuum sucks the dirt, hair, and debris from the brushes into the back of the large-chamber bin.
Dirt Detect – Roomba uses acoustic sensors to locate dirt so Roomba can perform a concentrated cleaning on the areas of your home that need it most.
iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology – iAdapt is iRobot’s advanced system of software and sensors that allows Roomba to clean more of your room, more thoroughly. Roomba covers every section of your floor multiple times, cleaning areas you can’t easily reach including under furniture, around everyday obstacles, along walls and under cabinets. It automatically adjusts to different floor types and avoids stairs, drop-offs, and tangles from loose cords.
Roomba gets into hard-to-reach places including under and around furniture
Cliff detecting technology prevents your Roomba from falling down the stairs
Roomba’s wall-following technology allows it to clean along edges and corners
Roomba self-adjusts between floor types, providing optimized cleaning
Virtual Walls use an infrared beam to block Roomba from entering off-limit areas
Roomba autonomously vacuums at the touch of the “CLEAN” button
|iRobot Roomba 630||iRobot Roomba 650||iRobot Roomba 770||iRobot Roomba 780||iRobot Roomba 790||iRobot Roomba 880|
|Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Some Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Limited Maintenance||Virtually Maintenance Free|
|Cleaning System||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series I||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroVac Series II||AeroForce Performance Cleaning System|
|XLife Extended Life Battery||✓|
|Filtration||AeroVac Filter||AeroVac Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter||HEPA Filter|
|iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Dirt Detect||Series I||Series I||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning||Series II w/Persistent Pass Cleaning|
|Full Bin Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessories Included||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||1 Virtual Wall, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Walls, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||3 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool||2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Large HEPA Filter|
|Remote Control||✓||✓||Wireless Command Center||✓|
Get thorough vacuuming with less effort with the self-charging iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot. The included Compact Home Base allows for Roomba to dock and recharge when done vacuuming or when the battery is running low.
Fine vacuum filter traps dust, pollen and tiny particulates inside bin Roomba cleans the whole floor, including the areas you see and those you can't Roomba vacuums under and around furniture and along wall edges Spinning side brush makes Roomba extremely efficient at cleaning edges Robot Dimensions - 13.4 inches in diameter, 3.6 inches in height Robot Weight - 8.3 lbs.
Compare to similar items
This item iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
|Shipping||$10.49||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Ez cash pawn & jewelry||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Wholesale Savings||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||3.6 x 13.4 x 13.4 in||3.6 x 13.4 x 13.4 in||3.4 x 13.9 x 13.9 in||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 in||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 in||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 in|
|Item Weight||—||11.7 lbs||13.2 lbs||8.4 lbs||8.7 lbs||8 lbs|
|Additional Features||3-Stage Cleaning System, iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home and Automatically adjusts to all floor types||Powerful performance, Thorough coverage, 60 minute runtime, Scheduling||Superior pick-up power on pet hair.||Tangle free and Efficient filter||10x stronger power, Expanded entire level coverage, 120 minute runtime, Ideal for pet hair, Wi-Fi connected||5x stronger power, Thorough coverage, 60 minute runtime, Scheduling, Ideal for pet hair|
Top Customer Reviews
Areas of my house that get vacuumed every week without effort:
* Under my bed.
* Under my dresser.
* In the back corners of my closet where a regular vacuum can't go.
* Underneath my reclining theater seats.
* Under my basement work bench and utility sink.
* ...and on and on...
The 600s series is even better, as they include the Aero Vac dust bin, and the upgraded cleaning head module from the 700 series. The upgraded cleaning head module is a bit of a big deal, as it's designed to keep the bearing clean and should result in a much longer lasting robot. In fact just last month I had to replace the cleaning module on my oldest 560 as it had gotten gunked up and warped from heat. Easy to fix, but the replacement module and compatible brushes were about 70 bucks. So if you're considering an older 500 series Roomba to save a few bucks don't!
Anyway, bought this one for my Mom and she loves it. The only complaints I would make are:
* Only one invisible wall is included with the 630.
* Unlike my oldest 560, and my 570, the 630 doesn't support lighthouses.
* When you first get one you'll have to "Roomba-proof" your house. Meaning the robot will get caught on curtains, rug tassels, etc, and you'll have to fix or remove these obstacles. It's a simple process, but just be aware your robot will get stuck on some things at first.
* The upgraded cleaning head module is nice, but why can't we get one with completely sealed metal bearings? The reason I think is that the robots would essentially last forever at that point and Roomba wouldn't make as much money.
+ Dust cleaning capability: excellent! Unbelievable how much dust and particles are removed out of carpets, rugs, and hardwood floor. The robot can easily move from one sort of floor to another and adopts. Also excellent cleaning capability in corners and around room borders. iRobot cleans very effectively underneath objects which are otherwise hard to access like underneath bed and shelves where it fits underneath. It is astonishing how much dirt can be found in the dust collection chamber after each cleaning process!
+ Good mapping system: iRobot 630 remembers layout of rooms even if they are located on several floors. Simply change the location of the robot where it should start cleaning and it will recognize the room it is in after it mapped has mapped it in the first run. It also adopts to new changes quickly when objects got moved around.
+ Very good dirt sensor: a special dirt sensor is activated when an area with a lot of dust is spotted and driven over. iRobot comes back more often to this location to make sure it will be clean in the end.
+ It senses fall-offs at stairs, so it will not drop down!
- Main problem I had with the iRobot 630 was how to handle rug fibers at the border of the rug. If the fibers are too long, they will be sucked into the robot, and it might have a hard time getting rid of them again. Best solution which I found is simply to use clear package tape and tape the rug fibers on the floor (or carpet). The robot can then drive smoothly across them.
- When recharging in the docking station, the iRobot might make a silent humming noise which is of no concern but weird. It is suggested to change the outlet the docking station is connected to, and yes, I observed that this in fact can help. I connected the docking station to two different outlets in my home - one leads to the humming sound of iRobot during the recharging process, the other outlet-connected docking station recharges iRobot totally silent.
- Recharging process: After 1.5 hours the iRobot 630 stops and goes back to the recharging station even there is sufficient battery power left. I simply press the start button again, and it goes for another 1-1.5 hours. Then the light surrounding the on/off switch will become red which means the battery is nearly empty. After recharging, iRobot does not automatically continue the cleaning process, you need to press manually the start button again.
- Careful with hard parts which can get stuck in side the brushes: I had a broken part of a walnut shell being stuck between both brushes, and it quickly gave some indents in the brush baffles. If you hear a weird loader noise of iRobot during the cleaning process, stop it quickly and check that nothing is stuck somewhere inside.
I recommend good maintenance of the robot - empty the dust collection chamber every time when the robot is recharging. The chamber itself cannot be rinsed with water, but the removable filter inside can. I also recommend to check both of the brushes after each run, remove them and clean underneath with a wet paper tissue since dust will collect there, too. Both brushed and bearings can be rinsed with water for cleaning.
Overall it does its job very well, I was very positively surprised about its cleaning capability which counts most. Therefore only I already give a 5 start rating. The robot can cruise around in the house while you are doing other stuff in parallel, so it is a huge time saver. In my opinion it cleans dust better from carpets than a regular vacuum cleaner would do just by considering the collected amount of dirt and dust. The system is built well to allow easy access for parts to clean. Highly recommended!
+++ Addition on June, 8th: After 3 months of continuous usage, I am still excited about this efficient cleaning robot! I cleaned the filter and rollers several times thoroughly with water which was no problem. It is unbelievable how much dust&dirt this robot removes from carpets and hardwood floors. Once I even cleaned the complete garage floor with the robot! It has some minor scratches on top and on the bumper, but it does not affect its capabilities at all! The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy it earlier!
+++ Addition on April 2014 after more than a year of regular usage: everything still runs smoothly. I maintained the robot well by cleaning the brushes and the filter+filter chamber on a regular basis. Robot has a few more scratches on the top and on the side which do not affect functionality. The robot did not scratch any of my walls or furniture at all. Still very satisfied with the robot.
While it came with a virtual wall, I have never used it. I barricade Roomba in the living room by using doors or putting stools in its way into the kitchen (then I move Roomba to the kitchen and keep it out of the living room). It's not necessary to do this, but I like to do one area of my home at a time. The living area is probably 600 square feet, 800 including the bedroom. Because the path Roomba takes is haphazard, I like to let it run in each room until the bin is full, sometimes multiple times. It's amazing how much little stuff the Roomba picks up.
It takes longer for Roomba to do a room than it would take to run a normal vacuum, but the results with Roomba are better, provided you keep the brushes clean, empty the bin, etc. The key is that there is a beater bar to flick up small particles, a typical vacuum brush, and a side brush, which is great for corners. Plus Roomba gets under couches and tables without moving them. I love my Roomba and am very satisfied with this purchase. I would recommend this model, especially if you can find it on sale!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets