Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
iRobot Roomba 981 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Power Boost Technology, Black
|Model Name||IRobot Roomba 981 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, +Power Boost Technology|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.58 inches|
About this item
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Power-Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance. Automatically increases suction to clean deep into carpets with Power Boost Technology.
- IT WON'T STOP TILL THE JOB IS DONE - Intelligently maps & cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- NAVIGATES IN NEAT ROWS - Purposefully & logically cleans in neat rows & uses floor tracking sensors to navigate your home.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust & flex to stay in constant contact with carpets & hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- SENSES & ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, & cleans them more thoroughly.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link, when the Roomba 981 finishes vacuuming, it automatically tells Braava jet m6 to start mopping.
- PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF - Doesn’t skip a beat, or a mess. When its running low on battery it recharges & resumes, ensuring a complete clean.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Buy this product as Renewed and save $192.86 off the current New price.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
iRobot Roomba 981 Features
Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & Power-Lifting Suction deliver 10X the air power* for improved pick-up performance.
iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home.
Navigates in neat rows
Purposefully and logically cleans in neat rows and uses floor tracking sensors to clean an entire level of your home.
Ideal for homes with pets
Ideal for homes with pets. High-Efficiency Filter captures 99% of allergens, pollen, & dust as small as 10 microns.
New App, New level of clean
The newly updated iRobot Home App allows you to upgrade your overall cleaning experience. Enjoy features that work around your life.
Cleans around your life
Learns from your cleaning habits to offer up customized schedules. Suggests extra cleanings when pollen count is high or during pet shedding season.
Imprint Link Technology allows Roomba 981 & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence – vacuuming & then mopping.
Picks up where it left off
Doesn’t skip a beat, or a mess. When its running low on battery it recharges and resumes, ensuring a complete clean.
The Roomba 981 robot vacuum seamlessly navigates room to room to clean an entire level of your home, recharging and resuming until the job is done. The Roomba 981 automatically increases cleaning power on carpets, where it’s needed most. Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot HOME App.
Compare with similar items
iRobot Roomba 891 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging, Charcoal Grey
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
|Sold By||Tech & Beyond||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||13.90 x 13.90 x 3.58 inches||13.90 x 13.90 x 3.59 inches||13.40 x 13.40 x 3.54 inches||13.40 x 13.40 x 3.54 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Powerful performance and powerful pickup - absolutely, 5 out of 5 here. This vacuum picks up a lot of dust and dirt out of the carpets and floors, but one caveat here, the bin is not easy to empty (in my opinion).
2. It won't stop until the job is done - 0 out of 5 here. Refer to my first picture and see the history, it has yet to ever complete a job. The first time I used it, it ran for 8+ hours (in between charges and emptying the bin). I finally had to cancel the job because it just kept vacuuming over and over. Every job since then it has been incomplete due to factors like - getting stuck on a bath mat (see second picture), it stuck there and sent me a message saying it was about to fall of a cliff. Once I freed it it could not resume the job. Every other job has been incomplete with the unit just stopping due to battery (can't find the base station) or it just seems to give up and stop (saying error 17).
3. Navigates in neat rows - 2 out of 5 here, seems to start off that way, then just starts aimlessly wondering around doing part of a room here and part of a room there, but no logic at all. It has yet to map out my floor as promised. And note to iRobot - yes, I have lights on, shades open, plenty of light and very minimal if any obstacles in the way (again, refer to my love for the i7, this unit cannot compare).
4. Ideal for homes with pets - 5 out of 5, does fantastic on picking up pet hair and no tangling, really nice.
5. Learns your life listens to your voice - 1 out of 5 here. I have tried to run the unit using Alexa and the iRobot app for Alexa, no love. Alexa asks me questions and then either says my robot is not available or just doesn't say anything. And yes, the unit is connected to wifi.
6. Senses and eliminates dirt - 5 out of 5, yup, as said it works great on picking up dirt.
7. Picks up right where it left off - 0 out of 5, most times it cannot find its way back to the base station to charge and just dies on the floor and once it recharges it has yet to resume and finish a job (again refer to picture 1).
It is really a shame, as this unit has so much potential, while it is powerful, it is not powerful to maneuver over any bath rugs like my i7 does, it just either goes around them or gets stuck on them. It appears to have no intelligence as there is no logic in what it does or how it does what it does. Maybe I got a dud, not sure, but based on my past experience with iRobot, this unit does not measure up and for a $600 price tag it should be a lot more intelligent than it is.
It was finally time to see how well it worked. I went around the house and made sure no obstacles like power cords or laundry piles would get in the way. I opened the app and clicked the button that said "vacuum everywhere". I could have also just pushed the physical button that's on the Roomba. Roomba vacuumed for 28 minutes before I stopped it to see if it was picking anything up. Wow. I think I found a lost cat! The bin was FULL of cat fur and other debris! I was impressed!
Some observations after using it 3 more times. This thing is powerful when it needs to be. It senses when it's on carpet and engages the beater bar while ramping up the power. When it transitions to a hard surface it almost immediately turns off the beater and lowers the power. It's a noticeable volume change. I'm pretty sure it's off-road capable too. We have a very thick rug that's very uneven and the Roomba handles it with no problems. It makes some noise, but not enough to scare the cats (see photo). The 2nd time I ran it, it ran for 56 minutes before it parked itself because it was full. Again, another lost cat was found. The 3rd time I ran it I just told Alexa to run the Roomba and off it went. I'm very impressed with this vacuum. We have another robot vacuum (iLife) that isn't half as powerful and it isn't useful on carpet at all. I love the Roomba!
It was nearly ready to go out of the box. I only had to charge it for an hour and then tried it out. I did have some difficulty getting it to recognize my router. It took about 10 tries before it connected. Once it located the wi fi, I started it up and let it do it's thing. It runs very smoothly and is able to turn in all directions. It started out in neat little rows back and forth but I noticed that it doesn't get along baseboards very well, due to the round shape of the vacuum. I will have to use my regular Dyson to vacuum along the baseboards to get up pet hair and dust. I have a small house with a lot of furniture, piles of books next to my bookcases and cat trees. The iRoomba was doing its best to get around everything. As far as I could tell, it did no mapping because it wandered haphazardly from the living dining room to kitchen and back. It was relatively quiet except for the chihuahua's who were sure it was some kind of alien invasion and kept barking at it. I let it vacuum for about 30 mins before I shut it off. It did suck up a lot of dirt, so comparable suction power to my Dyson. It had some difficulty finding then connecting to its home base.
One thing I don't like is that it needs to be plugged in and sitting next to an outlet. I have a small old house with few outlets and I just don't have the space to let it sit out. Overall- meh for me but probably a much better solution for someone with a more minimalist space.
Top reviews from other countries
The app is easy to understand, and control. You can connect it to your google home or Alexa and "hey google/ alexa, clean my house" easy as that I've been using it like that for a year now.
Cons: it makes noises, so don't order it to clean when you're about to sleep. You can set them a schedule to clean while you're away or just clean a quick specific area.
Firstly, the setup process was entirely seamless. Instruction manual provide me with all the necessary information required to making vacuum working.
Once it’s setup, the vacuum will automatically map everything and start vacuuming. I always set it up when i am not home and it does the cleaning according to the schedule.
Would recommend anyone for this robot vacuum.
i surprised it is a little heavy i thought it is more light , generally it is a good choice
Prime day deal and now I have a roomba for the first floor.
From what I can tell, 981 is the same as 980 but without extra accessories; 980 came with extra filter, extra rotating brush and two invisible fences, 981 came with none of that, just the robot and the charging station.