Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
|Surface Recommendation||Hard Floor, Carpet|
|Controller Type||Amazon Alexa, Voice Control|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; Includes 1 dual mode virtual wall barrier for more control over where your robot cleans
- 3 stage cleaning system and dual multi surface brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Patented dirt detect sensors alert roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot home app; Compatible with amazon Alexa and the google assistant. Mobile device compatible software version: iphone: ios 11 or higher, android: OS 5.0 or higher
- Runs for upto 90 minutes before automatically docking and recharging
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
iRobot Roomba 690 Features
Loosen, lifts and suctions
3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris.
Dirt, meet your match
Patented* Dirt Detect sensors alert the robot to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high-traffic zones of your home.
Connect from anywhere
Clean & schedule anytime, from anywhere with the iRobot Home App. Customize cleaning, view Clean Map reports, and access support from your smartphone.
Includes 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier for more control over where your robot cleans.
Find the iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum that Works for You
Why Authorized Resellers and Authentic Accessories?
When you purchase an iRobot product, you are making an investment in your home. Purchasing Authentic iRobot products from Authorized Resellers is the only way to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment. Products purchased from an Unauthorized Reseller will not be covered or serviced by iRobot. For additional details, please view the PDF links in the technical specifications section.
- (IBR Labs, 8/16/2018)
- Patent # US6956348B2
- *Compared to Roomba 600 & 700 Series Robots.
Connect to clean from anywhere with the Roomba 690 robot vacuum. The patented 3 stage cleaning system is specially engineered to loosen, lift, and suction everything from small particles to large debris from carpets and hard floors. Dirt detect sensors alert the Roomba robot vacuum to clean more thoroughly on concentrated areas of dirt. Just press clean or schedule Roomba on the go with the iRobot home app.
Compare with similar items
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Super-Thin, 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) Robot Vacuum - Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum, Black
iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum- Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Mobile deals||Amazon.com||EufyHome||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||13.00 x 13.00 x 3.60 inches||13.40 x 13.40 x 3.54 inches||12.80 x 12.80 x 2.85 inches||13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches||17.00 x 18.00 x 5.00 inches|
|Item Weight||7.80 lbs||6.77 lbs||5.73 lbs||7.23 lbs||11.50 lbs|
|Runtime||90 minutes||90 minutes||100 minutes||90 minutes||60 minutes|
|Special Features||Powerful performance, Thorough coverage, 90 min runtime, Wi-Fi connected||Good for Pet Hair, Self-Charging, Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors||BoostIQ, Powerful performance, slim(2.85”); 100 minute runtime||5x Suction, Ideal for pet hair, Self-Charging, Wi-Fi connected, Works with Alexa, Carpets & Hard Floors||Powerful performance, Thorough coverage, 60 minute runtime|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Enter Ruby. Oh Ruby... how I love thee. I ordered Ruby on a Sunday, coincidentally the same day I talked my husband into sweeping and mopping the floors without my assistance. By Thursday when Ruby arrived, the Doggie Hair tumbleweeds and dirt were beginning to take over the house again. Ruby was easy to set up, and while she was charging for her maiden voyage, my husband and I set out to reconfigure some areas in our home where we had things stored on the floor, under beds, or cords were left in the way,etc. While we were at it, we went ahead and swept dirt out of the awkward corners into the main floor area to see how she'd do. Our home is one level, 2400sq ft mostly hardwood and tile with carpet in just the bedrooms. We do not have rugs with the exception of a bath mat in 2 of the bathrooms. Our house is older, and has been remodeled so there are a couple of awkward corners.
On Day one, Ruby struggled. Oh bless her poor little drunken soul. She bobbed and weaved and missed areas and spit things back out and eventually died lost in a back bedroom. We re-charged her and ran her again. She did ok the second time, but again got stuck somewhere with a dead battery. (I emptied her dust bin a total of 5 times that day and it was incredibly full each time. For shame!!) We went ahead and set up a schedule for her, and thought If we weren't happy after a week, we'd return her and go back to fighting and slaving over the floors and finding excuses for people to not come over.
After 6 days, I can honestly say I'm in love with Ruby. Six whole days of us not touching a broom (aside from sweeping the dirt from an awkward corner into her path the first day), there is not a single doggie hair tumbleweed on our floors. My feet are pretty clean when I run around barefooted all day. I'm no longer embarrassed or panicked when someone says they're going to stop by the house. It's even clean under the beds and couches!!! $324.73 and WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
Here are the questions I really wanted answered before I purchased, so I'll try to answer them for you.
1. No, she doesn't go in a direct grid pattern. Run her everyday, and she'll get what she missed yesterday today. Give her time, she really does get better each day! *After the first week I watched her work and I've noticed she now follows a more grid like pattern. It's not a perfect grid, but it's obvious there's a method to her madness*
2. Wifi function is great for setting a schedule, and for locating her when she occasionally can't find her way home when her battery dies, and for starting her away from home if you need to. I think we probably could have lived without this function, but I'm not sorry we have it.
3. My white baseboards and all furniture legs are perfectly fine
4. The same dogs that are petrified of my upright Kirby and upright Bissel Shampooer don't pay any attention to Ruby unless she runs into them.
5. Watching TV or going about regular life while she's running is no problem. Working from home means she needs to be in a other part of the house due to the noise
6. Yea, she can't always find her way home when her battery dies. My husband and I decided we're perfectly willing to go chase her down and put her on her base in exchange for not having to manually clean our floors. *Ruby has now docked herself everyday except for 1. I guess she just needed to learn the floor layout that first week* *Week 3 she now always docks herself*
7. She has not scratched our original hardwood floors.
8. She transitions easily from one flooring to the next, even over the little connector strip thingies (All of my flooring is light colored)
9. Give her a week. While moving things off the floors and out from under beds the first day, I left her a couple of treasures (dog hair that was embedded around the bed posts and other tight areas). I checked today,(6 days later) and she has gotten all the hair that's wrapped itself around furniture legs in the whole house
10. Mopping: Originally I had planned to purchase a robotic mop shortly after getting Ruby. As the weeks went by, I noticed it was 3 weeks before the floors needed to be mopped again and frankly , I could have gotten away with a spot mop then. What we had normally spent about 20 minutes on once a week, has turned into 20 minutes every 3 weeks. So overall, we've traded in an average of 2.5 hours a week of our time cleaning floors each week for a new average of roughly 10-15 minutes per week between dumping ruby and occassionally mopping. Thank you Ruby!
I read about covering the sensors (this model has five around the front and sides) with paper. Didn’t work. I read about using the shiny side of tin foil. Didn’t work. I ready about covering with various types of tape. None worked. I finally found a partial solution: clear packing tape on white paper and tape THAT to the sensor. It tricked it for about a week (the best week ever!!!! Floors sooooo clean!!), but those pieces of paper get dirty and need to be replaced and I can’t get that trick to work again. So, the last remaining solution is to take the unit apart and disconnect the sensors from the motherboard. Not an easy task. And no doubt will void the warranty. It is 2017, iRobot!!! This has been an issues for a decade—-FIGURE IT OUT!!!!
Top reviews from other countries
I often joke that it's like having a dumb dog, though, because it constantly runs into things, gets stuck on things, and chews up cables and shoe laces.
Sometimes I'll come home from work to find it's accidentally closed a door behind itself and run out of battery trying to find a way back to the charging port. Other times it will get stuck under something and call out for me to come rescue it.
I don't often run it while I'm home because it is quite loud, but it's a vacuum cleaner, so what can you expect.
If you're careful to make sure the floor is clear of loose cables and shoes, it works like a charm.
Small area rugs and bath mats need to be off the floor or gets bunched up. Mat by the front door used 2 way take to keep in place and it cleans it fine.