Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on June 6, 2016
Fits perfectly and has already shown significant reduction of dust on the intake of my machine. I just wish the package contained suggestions on how to clean the filter itself. I'm guessing I can just wipe the outer portion with a sponge. Otherwise, a great product... though slightly pricey for a piece of foam I could probably make myself. An improvement on the product might be the use of some kind of micro-mesh material that allows dust to be wiped directly off the surface. The foam appears to do two things; 1. Collects the larger dust particles on the surface of the filter. 2. Absorbs finer dust particles within the 1/4 inch thick foam material itself.

I'm hoping I can just use a shop vac to pull the dust out of the filter itself. More later...
on April 26, 2014
We all work in differing environments.

Anyone who has worked on tower computers ( actually anything with forced ventilation ) knows about the accumulation of dust, dander and other particulates, generailzed by the technical term "schmutz".

We all have experience this over many years with various pieces of equipment and computers. Part of a Preventative Maintenance " tune up" is to carefully remove this build up on the all important power supply and processor heatsinking within the equipment before a thermally related issue may develop.

The frequency of this PM is determined by the use and the environment you are in. This of course can be anywhere from a professinal workplace setting to the extreme of a pet inhabited home office. This activity is never fun and sometimes not even feasible by the non technical user. ( $$ )

When I purchased my Mac Pro ( pre 2013 ) workstation, I wanted to minimize this type of PM so I was actually comtemplating crafting such a filter for the Mac Pro ( as I've done for other PCs and equipment ).

In looking into filter media options for crafting a filter, I discovered the iSchumtz.
It was a no brainer, in that after quickly figuring time and materials, the iSchmutz is a good deal. ( what is your time worth to you? )

It comes rolled up in a tube, easy to install with the simple instructions. The filter goes on the front side of the Mac Pro, in which the entire perforated front panel acts as an air intake. The filter is die cut to fit quite exactly and is held in place with a pre applied acrylic sticky tape. The filter is a charcoal color and while not likely to win any cosmetic awards, the intent is to show the build up of schmutz. Being the fiilter seems to be fixed quite well, a light vacuuming with a soft brush attachment when needed, should be all that is needed.

Great product.
on November 20, 2013
Keeps dust of of my Mac Pro without looking terribly ugly, and while still letting air through. Sure I could make one with foam from a hardware store and double sided tape, put this one is precision cut to fit all holes exactly, and because of this looks nice. Unless you are really confident in your cutting skills I would opt for the ISchmutz filter. I have seen DIY versions and I haven't seen one done very well, although I'm sure they are out there, thus is just more convenient.

I'm in architecture school, and three fellow students purchased one after I did to keep dust out.

Bottom line: Works great, premium price for the precision cutting. But it effectively gets the job done. Suggesting it is awkward due to the stupid name, though.
on August 22, 2015
I was a little disappoint that it's a one time adhesive. I had hoped it was something like a sticky silicon, but it's basically foam with double sided tape. I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like my fans kick on more. I'll give it a few months, then check to see how much dust has collected. If anything is noticeable, I'm going to peal this off and throw it away.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2016
It fits well, it keeps the dust down, but temps are higher and the fans are running more, I don't know if the trade off is worth it.

It's thick, it's stuck on with adhesive so its one time use, Skip this product.
on August 1, 2013
When I bought this, I took my mac pro outside and canned-aired out about 2-3 pounds of dust bunnies; after installation, barely any dust has made its way inside. Won't make you sandwiches, but will keep your airflow going.
on May 11, 2014
If you have a Mac Pro tower, you need this. It works like a charm and looks good too. I put them on all of my Mac Pros.
on August 2, 2015
easy to install and works
on November 19, 2013
The adhesive for the backing is not sticking. Others I have talked with are not having this problem but i would still recommend
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
The Filter fits perfectly and so far I haven't noticed any temperature change in my tower by adding this filter. Very happy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.