iSkin TCDUO4-BK Duo Hybrid Case for iPod Touch 4G - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Premium silicone that can take everyday shock and a belt clip to keep your iPod touch constantly there, the touch Duo becomes the perfect companion for commuting, boarding or just hanging out with your friends.
- Touch Duo features enhanced body coverage with a thin, hard plastic shield that borders the screen leaving it fully accessible.
- As with most iSkin products, the touch Duo features industry-exclusive Microban antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungus on the product.
- Features a removable belt clip that keeps you and your iPod touch firmly connected and easily rotates 90 degrees in either direction for added comfort and doubles as a simple stand for watching movies and videos.
- Stays in place while you type.
- Washable and easily removed.
- Fits all iBooks, PowerBook G4s, and MacBook Pro
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The touch Duos got game. When it comes to playing tough, its rugged, shock-absorbing silicone and hard face shield delivers ultimate protection. Stay connected with a unique, removable belt clip no matter where the action takes you.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having said that, they should include a WARNING for Clamshell iBook owners: if you leave this cover on the keyboard when you close the iBook, it will force down a couple of keys and prevent the iBook from going to sleep. Because the computer vents much of its heat through the keyboard, your iBook will then heat up, possibly cooking itself to death. Mine just sat overnight like that, and when I picked it up this morning it felt like a hot skillet. It's now shut down and sitting on my desk to cool - it seems to have survived, but I don't know how many hours this experience took off its lifespan.
The same thing may happen with other PowerBook and iBook models, so be sure you test the machine's automatic sleep function before folding it up with the iSkin in place.
Here is what it does well:
1) Keeps water/dust/fingerprints off your keyboard.
Here is what it DOES NOT do well:
1) It does not fit the keys very well. The edges curl upwards because it is too small to fit the whole keyboard.
2) Since it's too small, I am constantly pressing the spacebar also when I press any key on the bottom row (ZXCVBNM<>?). This is VERY annoying and it happens frequently.
3) It looks clear in the picture, but it is actually an odd shade of semi-clear that prevents you from viewing the keys at any angle except directly top-down.
4) This color also prevents the ambient backlighting from being seen.
5) The top and bottom of the cover is a magnet for dust and hair.
6) The return key is fitted with the \ key, so I also find myself pressing one or the other when I'm not trying to.
I am very unhappy with this cover and wish I had not purchased it. I have owned another iSkin.com product for my iBook and loved it. It's a shame that this one is so poorly made.
I would not recommend that anyone purchase this product until these major defects have been worked out with a future revision.
It's a bummer because I really did like the cover - my keyboard still looks brand new - but I'd rather have a computer that lasts as long as it is supposed to and one that isn't burning my lap than a clean keyboard.