Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
Enthusiast: Photographyon January 9, 2013
I have tried a few other versions of "smart phone" holders, and have been very disappointed in the claims made. My phone has slipped, won't sit straight, or just plain falls out. I have an HTC Android Smartphone, about the size of an iPhone, with an 8mp camera capable of shooting HD video. But now, no worries with this mount! Great design has a strong spring -- you just pull back the top, put the phone in, and ease the top down, and, ta da, grips solid, and grips safe. I then use a tripod to mount it, and, presto, instant camera or video mount.

The phone doesn't budge, and, because the design of the grips are at the edges, I still have full access to the phone controls on the front screen. It's a well made, sturdy product. The only hesitation I have is the top rubber piece, which they say you pull on, to slide the top up, in order to put in or release the phone from the mount. It appears a bit that, with a lot of use, that piece might wear out and the tab might break off, so, I just hook my fingers in from the back, and no problem at all. The "pull tab" does work, just fine, but I could envision it snapping off -- seems to put a lot of strain on it -- and you really can just use your fingers anyway. So, that did not effect my overall very happy impression at all, although perhaps future models might integrate something that seems less fragile as a pull tab.

Note that it does have a "max" size of phone that it will fit. My phone is just over 2.5 inches, in the case, and it works great in the Mount, and I don't even have to take it out of the case. Super satisfied with this product, it does exactly what they say it does, and, if you are looking for a hands free mount that can attach to a tripod, this is the one to get.
on July 29, 2013
I'm a semi-pro and teacher, and the pressures to use my iPhone as much as possible is mounting. I expect my students to ask about using a smartphone so I need experience. I've seen pros using a tripod bracket, and after some online feedback about them chose this one.

I'm sure not sorry - it really works well. I especially like the way it grips the sides and keeps the surfaces clear. Critics who don't like the rubber handle haven't tried the simpler way - just place the phone in the top clip and push up against the spring until it reaches the bottom clip. Don't need the handle. This plus a remote timer app and a light tripod are going to open up some opportunities on travel, where I'll always have an 8MP camera available for good low-light and panorama photos and videos, in particular.
on March 19, 2012
I've looked and tried numerous mounts that can securely hold my iPhone4S while still in a case without success until now (I have a Lifeproof water, shock, dust proof case). So far, this is the only one that fits perfectly without the mount straining/breaking or clamping down too hard on the case. This mount holds my phone just right and since it has two braces on the back side of the phone it prevents my phone from pivoting like some mounts I tried. The frame is made from metal/hard plastic so it won't crack like cheap all-plastic ones and the contact points are all covered with rubber/foam to prevent scraching. All in all, it's a perfect mount...except one small issue. The reason it lost one star is due to the part you're suppose to hold to pull up the top portion of the mount (the black round thingy tab you see at the top) is too flimsy. Even when I'm just starting to pull a little, it starts to strech and I feel it's going to snap off. That part also happens to be the same piece of rubber that hold the phone in place without scratching so I've decided not to use it. Instead, I just tied a short piece of string to pull up...a simple fix.
Bottom line: it's still the best mount I found for my iPhone (that doesn't make you take your case off) and I recommend to anyone who's looking for a solid mount that allows you to keep your case on.
on June 25, 2013
It barely fits with a Galaxy S2 with a case on. I feel more comfortable not using it with a case but that just adds hassle and inconvenience. The pull spring mechanism is what holds the phone in place and I guess a tight fit is better than being loose. I'd prefer for the user to determine the tightness with a dial knob instead. It just seems too tight when the spring is maxed out due to the size of larger phones. The rubber tab at the top is pretty much useless since it just stretches to the point where I'm afraid it'll rip right off, I'd have to use the metal lining instead. It's also difficult to put my phone in because the rubber grip at the top slips off the metal railing.

Other than that, it does work as described. I use the iStabilizer with the Joby Gorillapod and they pair together well, but I believe that there can be a better design yet to be found elsewhere and I see a lot of generics for cheaper too.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2013
I got this for my cell phone, but it works equally well with any kind of camera or device which is small and square-ish, like small digital cameras, camcorders, audio recorders, etc.

One has to be a little careful of the rubber gripper on the top, as it can slide out if one is a bit too rough. It easily pushes back in, but one could lose it if one is not careful.

It has a regular 1/4x28 camera tripod thread and works well with any number of different kind of camera tripods.

A great little device, highly recommended.
on July 11, 2013
I was using my iPhone for taking photographs of archival documents and bought this mount to attach my camera to a vertical camera-mount. It did its job as well as could be expected. It firmly held the phone in place and I was never overly concerned about the phone falling out.

That said, I was always using it mounted on a vertical mount and so it was always in a horizontal position (phone laying flat against it) which meant it was more stable.

One problem, however, is the rubber nub on the spring connecting bracket falls and slips out easily when attaching the phone, so be careful to either not lose it, or secure it with some super-glue.
on July 8, 2013
I gave this 4 Stars because it is a good piece of equipment for the price. Seems to be well constructed.

My problem is that it does not fit my phone correctly. It's a bit tight. If it expanded another MM or more it would work great. Even removing the rubber "pull tab" (which is easy to do) does not provide enough room for a proper fit.

Having said this, it would work great for any phone with a little less width as the iPhones seem to be.

Check your phone measurement as my Droid HD measures about 7cm or about 2 3/4" wide and the package say 42cm to 6.8cm. Guess I should have read that part a little closer before ordering.
on July 29, 2012
The item works well as cell phone mount for a camera tripod. It fits my Motorola Razr Maxx droid cell phone well, but It is a little too tight if I leave the thin protective case on the cell phone. It should be made slightly larger for its future version. Another minor issue is that the small black rubber finger grip handle at the top bracket is quite flimsy. One can easily pull the rubber grip piece off the bracket. I wish it were made more solid and strong. There is an unexpected benefit for me. I have stopped dropping my cellphone since the bracket mount is on the cellphone. My Motorola Razr Maxx cell phone is slim and slippery. It is longer than iphone. I used to operate my previous iPhone with one hand. But my Maxx phone was not easy to handle with a single hand and I dropped it countless times. With this bracket mount piece on my Maxx phone, it is easy to grab and I never dropped it anymore, not even once. That is an unexpected benefit !
on September 9, 2012
...But it works like an iphone 4 camera tripod mount. That is, it's a unicorn. This mount allows you to have any case, though I would hesitate to put a really large otter box in there. It screws securely to the tripod mount quick-release, doesn't jiggle. The pictures of it are very misleading. without a phone in it, it's about two inches tall. It has a base, about an inch and three quarters, with some foam grip padding. Then that connects to two black bars with springs in them that pull down on the metal bars that bend over and hold the rubber bit that keeps your phone in. This mount does not do vertical pictures unless you tilt your tripod 90˚.
So far, I have had a flawless experience with this product. I've been taking some movies on my iphone, and they are not wobbly.
on March 8, 2013
Ok, this thing is amazing and it DOES work perfectly with a Samsung Galaxy S3. However, it's a tight squeeze! If you have a phone that is physically wider (not longer) than a Galaxy S3 then you can't get this stabilizer. It's a super tight squeeze. Also, it does push some of the side buttons and it's hard to get it not to since it's such a tight squeeze it's hard to get it around the phone in the first place. Thankfully it doesn't affect my camera functions or do weird things so I've been able to use it just fine.

Overall this is perfect for my Galaxy S3. I bought it with a Joby GP1-D1EN Gorillapod Flexible Tripod (here on Amazon) and it is absolutely perfect. I'm so glad I got this combination, it was cheap and the combination is absolutely so versatile. I've already thought of tons of projects I could have never done with a traditional tripod.