Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on April 20, 2009
I spent several weeks trying to decide whether or not to purchase the Fatman Carbon Edition II- I read these reviews here and also many on other sites and eventually I bit the bullet so-to-speak and purchased the Carbon Edition from Amazon about three weeks ago and I have been very pleased, to say the least.

I have bought several different ipod speaker/player systems over the years and none have really impressed me until now. The music is warm and rich and as most of my music is saved or converted to a-lossless, it really sounds great. This is also my first tube amp and I was really impressed. I use the system when listening to music in the office which is a relatively small room, so the fatman is not my primary audio system.

Looking back now, the one thing I would have done differently is I would have bought the unit without the supplied Fatman speakers- while the speakers are good, they are not great and I find myself thinking about buying a pair of decent paradigm or kef bookshelf speakers to replace the fatmans that came with the unit but to be honest, I didn't really intend on spending extra money for that so I will probably just stick with these for now.
on February 1, 2011
I've owned several iPod speaker systems include the Bose Sounddock 3rd edition. The iTube valve system is pure sound. It sounds analog and it "feels" analog. It is definitely worth the $399 I paid for it. It came out of the box, plugged in, connected the speakers and away it went. I have two complaints about the system. First, the supplied speaker wires are not great and don't connect in an obvious way. I've had to order some spade-type connectors to insure quality sound. Second, as others have noted, the 25W per channel is way generous a rating. I practically have to turn the volume up to 10 to be able to hear it in the next room. Aside from that, it has wonderful, warm sound. It is a pleasure to listen to. I'll probably retire my Bose, which sounds "tinny" compared to the iTube. If you can purchase the iTube for $399, it is a bargain. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
on January 25, 2011
This product is awesome. The amp look so fly, and the sound it can crank out is warm and crisp.

My only qualm is that in order to get the most out of the bass response, you need to have the speakers pretty close to the wall. for potential aesthetic and noise-pollution reasons, it makes the speakers a bit less than perfect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.