- Brand Name: Mohsi
- Model Number: 99MO020908
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Specific Uses For Product: personal
iVisor for iPad 2 - Black (99MO020908)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This screen protector is not compatible with the new iPad 3
- 100% bubble free guaranteed. Installation takes only seconds!.
- High transparency and unparalleled clarity.
- iVisor can be cleaned and reapplied.
- Hardened surface treatment for enhanced scratch protection. .
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
A quick read of the instructions when the item arrived and I reluctantly removed my old protector. The instructions are pretty standard - use the included microfiber cloth to remove any dust, remove the backing from the protector, line up, and stick on. I couldn't help but notice that this protector did NOT come with the little paper card you use to smooth out the bubbles. Suddenly I was afraid I had made a huge mistake paying this much for just another bubble-riddled protector.
So, imagine my shock when it went on in under 10 seconds, lined up perfectly, and did not have a single bubble. NONE! I must have stared at it for a minute straight looking for any sort of imperfection; there aren't any. The anti-glare finish is much less grainy than others I've used and looks very nice. Feel is great too. Perhaps best of all, this protector comes with instructions for washing it - with soap and water - and re-applying it. A perpetual, bubble-free screen protector that I can actually WASH?! Certainly this is too good to be true.
Except it's not! Try this out. You won't regret it, I promise.
Granted one Moshi costs twice as much as other screen protectors with 2 or 3 in a package, but it's worth every penny. I have used all types of protectors for my iphone and ipod touch so I can list their difference:
1. The Zagg shield (helicopter blade covering stuff) is a sticky vinyl film that is very strong. You apply using a lot of soapy water (a mixture of water, dishsoap and isopropanol works best) to avoid sticking. They don't have a lot of bubbles and even if they do they disappear after a few days when the film 'cures'. These films are thick, a bit tacky and have a little bit 'orange peel' feel. They are not smudge proof. These were my original choice but if you read the ZAGG review on Amazon there are problems with imperfect cutting for their iPad 2 film.
2. Static cling screen shields that usually come in a 2-pack or 3-pack because by design they have a very high fail rate when applying. The static cling means they will for sure attract dusts when you peel off the backing. Dust particles = ugly bubbles on the screen. That's when you throw it away and apply another one from the pack. They are also not sticky so the edge/corners tend to peel off over time. I've pretty much given up using these after wasting quite a few on my ipod touch. Can't imagine how many bubbles you will have over iPad's large screen. One good thing is they are dirt cheap. Usually a couple bucks on eBay.
3. Moshi iVisor is a whole new story. It's a single semid-rigid film with adhesive only on the bezel so when you apply it it stays flat throughout, absolutely no bubble issue.Read more ›
I am glad I spent the extra money on this one!! :D
How It Works
The Moshi iVisor is basically a semi-raised cover with the adhesive on the outer panel (the colored part, either black or white). Because it does not adhere to the middle of the screen, and also because the adhesive edges are raised by 1mm or so, the matte screen never touches the glass. As a result, putting the iVisor on is simplified because you only need to cleanly place the edges; with the edges being colored your finger prints don't show up, dust/dirt that sticks can't be seen through the adhesive side, and it appears to go on clean without any worries!
The iVisor is not meant to protect your screen from scratches or damage. If you worry about screen scratches and the like, a matte cover like this is far more prone to damage than the gorilla glass of the actual device. That doesn't mean that the cover is weak or easily scratched, but protection is simply not the purpose of this product.
Matte covers are textured, rather than smooth. That means that when light shines through a matte screen, it's going to cause a rainbow speckle effect due to the refraction of light. How bad the speckles are depends on how dense the pixels are; Luckily because the iPad 2's screen isn't as pixel dense as your iPhone 4, the speckles are hardly noticeable!
The matte cover also tones down the reflective nature of the screen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Protects the screen, but it makes it difficult to use with some apps like the Cars Appmates. Ended up removing it.Published 17 days ago by Michelle Knecht
This case is great. My toddler uses my kindle fire hdx 7 all the time. My old folio style case was just getting destroyed and didn't provide a whole lot of protection from drops. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Tiffany
I read reviews and double checked that this is made for kindle fire hdx 7. My daughter picked out the camo white and we ordered it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by M Hill
Love it. just didnt fit the kindle I have.. its a 7 inch not for the kindle 7Published 5 months ago by mysondiego
clarity of ge screen guard could be better and can only use the origional charger because of the size of the opening but its tough as nailsPublished 5 months ago by Scott
Its doesnt Work I tried and see if I get used to IT but its doesnt its too big and bulky, I have a hard time looking For the Home button most OF the Screen is occupied and covered... Read morePublished 5 months ago by I enjoy it thanks