This thing has been a life saver. With an ankle injury for 12 months now, the iwalk 2.0 (aka my “peg leg”) has been my saving grace! When your doctor orders “no weight bearing x 6 weeks” that is tough to hear, and harder to actually carry you. You can’t carry anything with crutches and they hurt your armpits. Too often I would choose to hobble on my recovering ankle instead of using my crutches and this allows me to be easily compliant with my doctor’s orders. Things I can comfortably do with iwalk that I couldn’t do with crutches or the scooter thing:
1) use my hands to hold things like coffee, groceries, my hot fiancé’s hand, cell phone, etc.
2) do household chores like vacuuming, dishes, laundry, move furniture.
3) dress up like a pirate for Halloween!
4) conversation starter and sympathy gainer.
5) Bend over to tie your shoe or pick something up.
6) Save your hardwood floors and baseboards).
7) walk through doorways, the airport, Costco, up and down STAIRS, grass, uneven surfaces
8) Easy to be compliant with “non-weight bearing” orders.
9) Allows me to continue to work without a handicap.
10) kick people with it when they ask you too many questions.
See my video for further review.