Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$3.95+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on February 11, 2013
Unless you know what you're looking for to begin with an endless search lies ahead. Even the contents page seems a hopeless search for a relevant page. You can browse a book to find what you want, but here you are looking at a few pages without any idea of how to get to a relevant question you want answered. So read the whole thing from the beginning and take notes, or get a printed manual that does that for you. Maybe I'm getting too old, but this purchase ended in an expensive, daunting, frustrating search of a haystack.
on July 4, 2011
I wish I had saved my money on I-Work '09 as well as this tutorial and stuck with Microsoft Office 2011!

"Portable Genius", indeed. It doesn't even tell us how to print an envelope or mailing labels.

Having owned Macs for eleven years, I never thought I would turn against any of Apple's issues, but Pages and this book put my blood pressure over the top.
on March 25, 2012
It says Portable Genius and I should have figured it wasn't something that explained the process in more detail. I wanted more of an explanation on how to do something and it only gave the basic first steps and then that was it. I should have bought the Teach Yourself Visually book or iWorks for Dummmies. At least the Teach Yourself Visually gives a more detailed explanation and takes you to the end of the procedure you are doing.
on September 14, 2011
It's like going to the Apple store and getting a personal consultation from someone at the Genius Bar about how to use the software. Lots of tips and tricks. Organized to allow quick answers to usage questions as they arise on a day-to-day basis. You'll be glad you have it handy if you own iWork '09.
on May 28, 2016
Well written and easy to follow!
on November 19, 2015
Great help for myself and others at work...Thank-you ***
on December 4, 2012
I purchased both the Apple Training book and the Portable Genius. Of the two I understand the Portable Genius book better. Both books were used and are perfect. Shipping for one from UK took longer to receive, but arrived in good shape.
on February 26, 2012
This is a really good book for the novice to intermediate user of iWork. I still refer back to the book on a regular basis. I would recommend this book to anyone who is new to iWork and those who have used iWork but really want to put iWork to its full use.
on June 3, 2015
Probably the best book on IWORK 09
on February 9, 2012
Well-written guide for navigating the world of spreadsheets from the shade of an Apple tree. Portable Genius is just that and a lot more. Highly recommended.