Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 17, 2016
I admit it, I am an iced coffee snob. I have been drinking iced coffee for over 30 years. I drink it 365 days of the year, even in the dead of the New York City winter.

Over the 30 years, I have been tinkering with the best way to make a perfect glass of iced coffee. First you need to start with a great premium blend of coffee. It needs to be brewed double or triple strength so as not to be diluted by the ice cubes. My preferred way of preparing the ice coffee is the cold-pressed method using a French press . Then the coffee needs to be refrigerated or brought to room temperature before adding ice cubes. The biggest mistake you can make is by brewing your coffee and putting ice cubes in while it's still hot. i'm still amazed that some coffee shops serve their ice coffee this way; it's watered-down slush.

I will only drink my iced coffee with half-and-half or heavy cream. Milk in my mind destroys what could be the perfect glass of iced coffee. I add some sweetener, then the ice cubes. Then top it off with a straw and I'm in iced coffee heaven.

For years I have been preparing the coffee in various ways, and found that the French press method/cold press is my preferred way. But then I stumbled across these delightful Illy cans of coffee. I was humbled that there was a coffee that was close to, and actually better, than the one that I prepared on my own. This is hands-down, the best ice coffee ever. I go through over 90 cans of this a month. Thank goodness for subscribe and save so I can have my recurring delivery and save some money. One can, with ice and half-and-half and it makes a full glass of iced coffee. I prefer the illy with sugar version, but buy the unsweetened version and add some Stevia when I'm trying to watch my weight. I seriously don't know what I would do if Illy stopped making this. Yes, not only am I a coffee snob but I guess I am a bit of a neurotic New Yorker who needs her coffee, and needs it perfect.
I first tried the illy caffe cans and loved it. I am also a fan of cappuccino in general so i decided to try this variety pack thinking I could get different levels of sweetness and milk with the 3 flavors (cafe latte, cappuccino and mochacinno). Unfortunately, I found all of them too sweet. If you are like me and like your coffee normally black with a pinch of sugar or drink cappuccino without sugar at times, you may find this too sweet. The flavour seems tailored for those who take their coffee with creamer and sugar (after some experimentation).

Do note that there is cocoa in the cappuccino (and i dont mean a dash like what u get at a cafe) making it more like a mochacinno which in turn is even sweeter by comparison.
on June 15, 2016
I purchased this because I miss my Georgia Coffee. Several reviews had said it was close in taste to Georgia Coffee. I have to disagree with them. The can is the same shape, but the taste is not the same. It's not terrible. It's just not Georgia. Why Coca Cola denies us our Georgia Coffee here in the U.S. I will never understand. :-(

This Illy cappuccino was decent. I would recommend it if you are looking for a good canned cappuccino. It just wasn't what I was looking for.
on June 5, 2014
I have a triple shot latte habit that I just can't sustain financially. Where I live, every morning this latte costs me $5--sometimes more with tip. The illy issimo caffe drink has ~150mg caffeine, about the same as I'm used to in a triple shot, but is only $2.25/can. And the caffeine definitely does the trick--I was energized and even jittery from the first one, which never happens to me anymore! And the taste really is better than I expected from canned coffee. I added a bit of cream to it and it was especially tasty, but I could easily adapt to the taste on its own. Definitely recommended if you don't have time to make coffee yourself every morning and don't like the taste of filtered coffee, like me.
on July 3, 2015
Listen, if you enjoy strong, rich, dark roast coffee, this stuff is for you. Warning: It's addictive. I get the sugar free cans and keep in fridge. Pop open and I add a small amount of Stevia sweetener to it. With some milk and ice, it's an awesome way to start your summer day with a delicious iced coffee. Seriously, the best coffee I have ever experienced.
on July 7, 2017
Love Illy coffee. I was bummed when one of my local markets no longer carried the iced coffee version. Purchased these and definitely don't regret it. The coffee is smooth and tastes great. They taste even better over ice. Definitely more budget friendly than getting Starbucks every day.
on May 29, 2016
These are delicious - better than Starbucks and a great value buying on Amazon. Also this variety pack has delicious flavors
I also use these to make frappacinos in my Ninja - taste super and way lower cost than buying at Starbucks. I only use 1/2 can per frozen drink and add milk and ice and blend it up - because I don't care for too much sweetness and these go even further this way more economical - just as tasty.
on May 3, 2013
I was discussing these with a friend, and she was a little put off because they are only 6.8 ounces and she couldn't sip on them throughout the morning. She also likes 5 Hour Energy. So, after thinking about it, the way I'd approach these is that they are a nice coffee version of 5 Hour Energy. There is of course more liquid here, but yes, they are pretty small. After having two of them, she decided that she liked them. :)

The flavor is relatively good, given that they aren't refrigerated. I have not tried the non-sugar or non-cream kinds so I can't speak for them. I'm guessing the small amount of sugar in here cuts the bitterness of espresso. I'd be willing to try the other ones, but I want to stick to lower calorie ones, because honestly I'm not drinking this for the flavor. I'm drinking it because it's convenient and quick in the morning.

I'm happy enough with it that I've been getting it as a "Subscribe and Save" item.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2016
If you have been ordering this regularly it was Italian espresso style coffee with a small amount of sugar. Now they have taken out the words espresso style and to get that same product it costs much much more and the shipping is almost $14. Not prime. Italian espresso style coffee with a small amount of sugar. This one was shipped to me without announcing the difference and quite honestly it tastes almost the same. You can see the old formula from a different vendor at a very very high cost.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2013
Finally! A convienient coffee drink that doesn't contain dairy! Two years ago, I discovered I had a dairy intolerance. I read all labels now, and most canned or bottled coffee drinks contain milk....a huge bummer for me. A illy representative was at a grocery store giving out samples last weekend. I said, "no thanks, they all have milk in them." "Not this one," she said. Woo Hoo!! I tried it and liked it. The potassium bicarbonate and potassium citrate give it a slightly salty taste. It's delicious with almond, coconut or rice milk. Just ordered the 12-pack through subscribe and save.

To Amazon.com: Thank you so much for making so many items affordable. A 4-pack is $7.99 at the store. My new motto: "Try it at the store, buy it from Amazon."

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.