Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 285 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 593 reviews
While I finally got the game I was amazed at how much free roaming and area was in the game and how the graphics of the game were very detailed for the most part. The one annoyance I do have have is the characters jump ability depth, what I mean is there are times where you're jumping from building to building or pipe to pipe or something and while at first it looks like your jumping the same distance you did from the earlier platform but to your surprise(And sometimes annoyance) you fall to your death or get hurt and you're wondering why you didn't make the jump when it was the same distance you did with two previous platforms before. That aside the rest of the game is fantastic as are the characters of the game Cole the main hero/villain of the game with fantastic lightning abilities that you can upgrade throughout the game as you complete the main game storyline as well as miniquests that are all throughout the city, Zeke Coles's best friends and seems like a wannabe Elvis lookalike and finally Trish Cole's girlfriend who loves him deeply but is conflicted with her emotions as well as she feels he is the one responsible for the death of someone close to her. The game also has a Star wars force unleashed part as well meaning you make moral choices throughout the game, you can either be a good guy helping the citizens of the city and the like or be more self serving and vindictive killing people who get in your way if they cause you to much trouble or if it's fortuitous to use them maliciously. So if you played games like Prototype or Prince of Persia or just like a good action game here's a very entertaining one to add to the collection...
on April 10, 2014
This is a third person action adventure by Sucker Punch, the bros that created the PS2 classic Sly Cooper. You control Cole, a Regular Joe endowed with electrical powers, forced to navigate a locked-down New York style free roaming city. Throughout the course of the game, you are presented with situations that require a moral choice; harming or healing the populous, and your choices reflect your powers and appearance, becoming either more heroic or more infamous. Gain experience for each mission and each defeated enemy to unlock heightened electrical powers; evolve Cole as you see fit.

At the time of my writing this it is 2014, the game has been out for some time and the series has moved up to the next generation Playstation 4 with inFamous Second Son (a great product, btw). Comparatively, the graphics, game play, and voice acting improved greatly with each subsequent iteration of the game. When starting this game up now it looks kind of weird, and some of the game play does indeed feel janky.

This game has one of the best stories I've had the pleasure to play. Cool and highly stylized comic still frames with character voice over depicts the inner monologue of Cole, a choice that makes some games appear lazy. This game hits it right on the nose. Character development is great; watch your main character grow into a true hero or The Demon of Empire City, loving and hating him all the way. It hosts one of the craziest endings in gaming, gets you so fired up to kick some ass in the sequel.

Pro tip (lulz): As soon as possible get the electricity drain power lvl2 that allows you to sap energy while riding along train tracks or power lines... You literally get infinite energy from and can fire electro-grenades off like a lunatic. Anyway. The next games are more balanced.
on August 20, 2014
So far I'm about a good 12-15 hours into this game I am really enjoying it. Of the other sandbox type games I've played (Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed) it doesn't quite stand on their level which is why I am giving it four stars. The open world city gives you plenty to explore, climb, perform stunts, fight, and collect to earn more powers and trophies. A short and quick introduction and you're suddenly in control of the character, which is what I like. Just get to the point and give me control and I'll figure it out along the way.

Kind of surprised I haven't come across any boss fights yet although I think I may have met my "nemesis." Also kind of disappointed in the lack of enemy variety so far. I think there are four different types so far but I'm hoping/expecting there will be more revealed.

So far the storyline leaves something to be desired but the bottom line is that I'm having fun with the game. I still want to play it when I get home from work and I'm not bored with it yet.
on August 20, 2014

on May 17, 2013
Don't get me wrong, I found this game to be a thrilling joyride. But a few things held it back from true greatness. Here's my breakdown:

Story:
A genuinely interesting premise. You play Cole MacGrath-an average Joe turned into an electric powerhouse by a catasrophic explosion. You fail your attempt to escape the newly-quarantined Empire City and now must complete a task to earn your freedom. Along the way you'll make major decisions that will alter the city's survivors' perception of you, for better or worse.
Score: 5/5

Graphics/Setting:
Empire City is big. It's spread into 3 district-islands that will unlock as you progress. Buildings look similar for the most part, save for the few memorable sections in each district. Despite this lack of architectural diversity, the graphics are pretty decent.
Score: 3/5

Combat:
inFamous really shines here. Combat is essentially third-person shooter action but instead you'll use electrical powers. It's infinitely satisfying to annihilate opponents with destructive zaps, shock grenades, and lightning itself. You're awarded bonus XP for performing "stunts" in combat like head shots, 2-for-ones, blowing enemies off rooftops, etc. XP is then used for upgrading your stats and powers. These upgrades take a while, which encourages Stunts and almost forces you to get the most out of your encounters.
Score: 5/5

Quests:
The main quest has you doing various and enjoyable missions. But I can't say the same for side missions. While the quantity is there, the quality is certainly not. You'll repeat similar quests far too often just for the sake of reducing enemy numbers in the immediate area. And there are tons of side missions. One other thing to do is collect shards. Finding enough will increase your electrical power capacity, but after finding a certain number, you'll max out your capacity. Remaining shards in the world are there purely for XP, reducing your desire to find them at all.
Score: 3/5

Karma:
The big selling point of the game. You gain/lose karma for various actions and major decisions. Your karmic status does affect how people treat you on the streets. Some side quests are limited to karma status, and when you do one, the opposite karma quest disappears. Not to mention that your karma determines whether you'll have the good or evil version of your powers. Because of karma's influence on side quests and powers, you'll want to do 2 playthroughs to experience the game from good and evil stances. I just wish the karma system was a little deeper. The storyline won't change THAT much depending on your karma status. Just a few differences here and there.
Score: 4/5

Overall:
inFamous excels with its combat and has a story you'll find interesting. But more creativity could've gone into building design and side quests, and the karma concept would've worked better if your decisions had even more impact on the story.
Overall score: 4/5
on March 16, 2017
I'll be honest. I never got past the 3rd mission. I got too wrapped up swinging around the city like some electric Spider-Man that I lost the rest of the game.
on December 11, 2011
inFAMOUS is awesome game! Opinion like this may be justified, if considered how much time passed since game came out and the day I am writing this comment. Before I got to play the InFAMOUS, I completed all Uncharted versions and all Assassins, then played (a lot) Oblivion, Fallout 3, GOW III etc. All these games came out on market later on and, one would be certain, had much more to offer. True, but this game is not less worthy than later ones. For me it is much more relaxing..
Gameplay is great. Cole is fast, strong and precise; easy to control. Game is not hard really. At one point I was automatically switched from normal to hard, due to precise head shots and jumps. At that time I thought that game will be done in less than 3-4 days, but after a 6th day I was still playing.

However, when you are done, if you played the "good guy" character you can restart playing as "evil guy" and have different outcomes throughout the game. (for many evil play will provide even more fun). Graphics are good, action is non-stop, music is interesting, AI made pretty well, map is simple and clear, etc. Videos are awesome as they are made in style of old comics. Only thing that I did not like is that it is almost impossible to sneak and surprise the enemies.

Of course that Assassin is high class, but this game is also great. It comes to be even easier when it comes to climbing, which suits me just fine. Plus, few awesome features, like sliding the railway or electric cables, jumping off from skyscrapers and rolling over to avoid getting shot are in my opinion even better then Assasin.

This open world game is recommended to anyone who feels in need of rest from Assassin(s) ...

(bye bye---went searching amazon.com to buy inFAMOUS 2)
on October 19, 2011
First of all, it's a comic book game without a comic book mythos to draw from. This huge sandbox game lets you slip into the shoes of Cole MacGrath, the victim of some sort of radiation. Immediately, the game starts off with Cole barely able to move and supposing his guilt for a huge explosion that leveled a huge section of downtown Empire City. Looters form gangs and divide up the chaotic city into huge turfs of dangerous mortar and asphalt. It seems that Cole begins to develop electricity-based powers. And the further down the storyline he goes, the more powers he gets, and the level of power increases too. Players are able to advance as they wish, divvying up experience to increase whatever they are able. It seems that he is to be the most powerful man on the island-city.

But the first bit of brilliance is that you aren't stuck in the role of hero; you can be just as evil if you desire. Another fine point being that you can literally go anywhere you want, just so long as you don't try to go swimming. The mechanics can be a little trick to learn, but the game scales well enough not to put you into a situation the character cannot yet handle. No spoilers here, as I am sure most everyone reading the reviews for this game are already familiar with the story. Suffice to say, it is top-notch and shows off a fair number of sub-plots.

This is one of those game that does pay to play again, if only to experience the story from the opposing alignment. Overall, this is a great game with tremendous mechanics that will most likely be used in many games to come.
on April 18, 2012
I will admit I am impressed How Sony made this game feel like you were literally playing a Marvel Comic Book that you got to control the actions and ultimate decisions of the main character in the game. Similar to Sony's Uncharted Franchise except instead of feeling like you're in a summer blockbuster movie you are a Comic book character trying to resolve the moral dilemmas of your new found "Super Powers".

A Brief synopsis's of the game: You're a courier by the name of Cole, while delivering a mysterious package to an unknown address the package blows up and literally turns the city you live into a post apocalypse nightmare. Instead of being incinerated by the explosion you somehow survive (after being at ground zero no less) and are nursed back to health by your girlfriend Trish(who happens to be an EMT) and your best friend Zeke. To further complicate things even more the government has decided to put your city in a Bio quarantine status (meaning no one enters or more importantly leaves), the city is similar to New York's Manhattan Island. During your recoperation you learn to master your new found gift's (Cole's Powers are similar to that of Marvel's Electro mixed in with the strength and endurance of Captain America) and eventually set out to find out the truth behind the people who had Cole deliver the mysterious package.

Again, what I love most about this game it truly plays out like a Marvel Comic Book meaning that your given a character that most decide to either keep to his moral convictions or spiral down to a much darker path. The game allows you to freely choose between a "Good" path or a "Dark" path with decisions you will have to make during different areas of the game. While the story is pretty much the same thru out with whatever path you choose it does alter certain aspects of how the game will end once you have completed it. So in the End you will either be labeled as a "Hero" or just "InFamous".

Both me and my son have spent countless hours playing this game and are not even near being done, I will probably pickup the 2nd game once we have completely this one. I would highly recommend this game for anybody who wants countless hours of fun and are big comic book readers.
on August 7, 2017
Choosing good or evil doesnt change the fact that this is just another sandbox game

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.