Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Injnji Performance Original Weight Crew Toesocks, Black, Large
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

Size: Large|Color: Black|Change

on November 29, 2008
Recenlty saw these socks on Amazon and since I had never heard of such a concept, I figured I'd read a couple reviews, do a little online researching and give'em a whirl.

They are AWESOME!!! Just received them this morning and immediately tried them out - They certainly have a unique feel, since I'm not normally accustomed to having something between my toes- but I quickly got use to them after about 30-45 mintues of wear. They are extremely comfortable and after being on for about a hour or so I actually had forgotten that my toes now had their own little separate compartments to rest in.

I travel extensively (middle east, southeast asia, south america, U.S. East coast) and I have no doubt these socks will wear extremely well - curently they're getting their initiation in the middle east; I spend a lot of time on my feet in a variety of shoe styles and paticipating in everything from running to walking to jumping to driving so I'm looking forward to seeing how they wear over time.

Initial thoughts:

Takes a little longer to put on then normal socks - but well worth the extra time

Very soft and comfortable on the feet and toes

a little extra time in removing them as well since you have to pull the little toes back out - but once again, well worth the effort thus far.

I will definitely update this review in about 3-4 months to let everyone know how they're holding up
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2011
I bought these socks to check whether they would help me prevent blisters between the toes during long walks. My findings are the following:
- they fitted very well;
- after 2 long walks my feet and, specifically, my toes remained blister free;
- found the sock too thin to wear as a single layer, and too thick to wear as a double layer;
- after 2 extensive walks I already have a hole in one of the big toes and wear and tear can be noticed in the fabric of the socks
There is hence no comparison with my Falke Trekking socks of which I have 3 pairs and have been walking with them on a weekly basis for the last 3 years. They have no holes, nor do they show the level of wear and tear that these Injinji Performance Crew Toeshocks already show after 2 weeks of usage. It is a shame because I did not get any blisters between the toes. So, back to my Falke socks in combination with tape around the toes.
on April 21, 2010
I was looking for socks that would prevent nasty blisters between my toes (which happens when I go on long hikes). These were perfect! The fit was great - use the sizing chart. My feet sweat a lot and these socks kept my feet feeling comfortable. It is only the cost that prevents me from purchasing a lot more. They are very comfortable and I highly recommend them for hiking, in spite of the cost.
on February 21, 2011
pros:
+ warm

cons:
- have left and right socks, but it does not make them fit any better than my other socks that can be used on either feet. just give me more trouble each morning matching the pair
- no cotton. (it's all petroleum)

open for debate:
. silly red label
on July 4, 2011
I bought a pair locally that lasted me less than 30 miles running before getting a hole in the big toe. Figured it may be a fluke so I bought a pair from Amazon. They lasted me just a 14 mile run. I keep mi nails well clipped. Its no fluke, these socks are crap quality. The concept is great but execution is piss poor. I will go back to putting zinc oxide between my toes to avoid blisters.
on March 16, 2012
Don't be deceived by the picture, these are low crew socks not up the calf as pictured.
They are comfortable but the seam at the top band split open the second time I put them on.
I will look for a different pair next time.
on December 5, 2013
I REALLY like Injinji socks. They're the ONLY brand I wear when I need a pair of active socks. They are amazing at preventing blisters (especially between the toes), and they never slip or slide around. Really, in terms of performance alone, they are about the perfect socks.

The problem (and it's big enough to dock two stars) lies in the durability. I can't seem to go more than 100 miles (hiking, running, whatever it is) or so per sock without holes developing at the tips of the toes. I have various types (lightweight, original weight, run, performance, crew cut, ankle cut, you name it), and they all suffer from this problem. I tried going up a size, but still no dice. I also keep my toenails cut VERY short, as I do a lot of running and I don't want anything to snag or break mid-run -- so that's ruled out as well. Either I have really manly, Hulk-Hogan-circa-1995 toes, or the socks simply aren't made to last. I suspect that the small amount of fabric at the end of the toe simply can't put up with the mild abrasion against the toes.

Considering how expensive these socks are, I would expect some better life out of them. After buying them individually a few times, I decided it's far more effective to buy them in bulk sale packs that come around sometimes.
on April 9, 2011
I purchased these toe socks to complement wearing my Vibram FiveFinger KSO shoes during the cold weather. It seems to offer a little cushioning while on walking on concrete, especially if you're new to wearing minimalist shoes.
on May 11, 2013
I have been having some toe problems because of my increased mileage. I put cotton between my big toe and the next one because the upper-inside corner of my second toes (both feet) were getting very sore calluses. I had heard of toe covers, but then discovered this sock which has been well-reviewed elsewhere. In addition to the problem with calluses, my toes hurt and blister from the bulky seams on most socks these days (yearn for the socks that were all knit--toe, heel,and top!) even though all my running shoes have copious toe boxes.

Injinji looked like it would solve BOTH problems!

Indeed, the toes of these "toesocks" felt comfortable and I was pleasantly surprised. The socks, which are fairly heavy, feel like a girdle on my foot, ankle, and lower calf. This would take some getting used to.

The major problem with the Injinji toe sock is, for me, the hemmed-too-tight belt-type-sock-top that is a tourniquet on my leg (and I weigh only 120 and have normal, slender ankles). So, I was happy with the the toes but can't wear the tourniquet!

I've also ordered a lighter weight liner, and am hoping that will have a better constructed top without the "belt" at the top. Meanwhile, I'm considering cutting the belt off this sock-top, to see if that is a wearable solution or if returning it is my only choice. I would hope that some day, Injinji will offer their sock with a more tolerable (for me) sock-top.

I know other people are thrilled--and I am too, with the concept--and I'm happy this works for them. I'm disappointed it doesn't work for me, and just wanted others with my sensitivity to be aware.
on June 1, 2013
I use viabrom toe shoes for running but have to have the socks to help cushion my foot strike a little. I hate having to take the time after work to put on the socks then shoes. these socks eliminated that fact. I put them on in the morning and just thow on my running shoes at a later time perfect. the only complaint I got is the price is a little high. Others said the fall apart. I don't have that problem but then again i keep my nails well trimmed. ***EDIT**** Starting to see wear on bottom of socks but only with the black ones. The other white ones I bought are still in good shape. Don't understand this at all.