Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Is it really "instant on"? If so I have a defective lamp. It takes less than a second to hit full brightness, but there is an appreciable lag
asked by Gary on November 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
When I hit the switch, there is a fraction of a second lag before they all come on in unison, but they don't need to warm up like CFLs. They start out bright, and I doubt they are impacted by a cold room like fluorescents are.
C. D. Mckinnis answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
For me, it's fairly instant-on. There might be like a second of delay before it's bright but often the delay is not noticeable for me. So you might have gotten a defective one. Probably the LED driver circuit not working as it should for yours.
Jerry "Merfle" answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is a slight delay of about 500 ms; this is normal for LED bulbs.
Book Lover answered on November 5, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Your lamp isn't defective. Mine does the same thing ("takes less than a second to hit full brightness, but there is an appreciable lag").
TheDude answered on November 5, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Didn't notice but there is half a second delay before it turns on. Because of the color I put it on a night stand lamp that doesn't get used much. Wife doesn't like it, I don't mind it.
bacalhau75 answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I can't speak to your light, but we have 3 of these bulbs installed in a track-setup on our kitchen ceiling. As far as I'm concerned, there is NO lag. I do have 4 LED bulbs purchased from an unknown vendor (via Grou*pon) that have an absolute lag, so I know what that feels like (it's weird). But these have no discernable lag to us.
M. Talbert answered on November 5, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have 5 of these lamps and they all have a very brief delay.
J. Shoemaker answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Gary, a slight lag in on time seems to be normal for these lamps. Even the Philips AmbientLED I have does the same thing. It doesn't bother me and at least the lamps come on full brightness after the lag. I agree with the other commenters here that the lag is less than a second. Only if its longer than a second for you would I say you have a defective lamp. I hope this helps you! Michael R
Michael R answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The three lights I own come on instantly. I notice no delay.
Kent answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have noticed on certain manufacturers, there can be a second or two delay. They are exterior PAR light buldbs that I bought a year or more ago. These light bulbs come on and if there is a delay I hardly notice or care.
larry hector answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product