- Brand Name: iRock
- Model Number: 730I
- Digital Storage Capacity: 128.0 MB
irock! 730i Digital Audio Player (128 MB)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Personal Digital Audio Player that plays MP3i, MP3 and WMA files
- 128MB of memory, expandable to 256MB (9 hours of music) with SMC
- Displays artist and title info with ID3 tags
- Store 35 hours of voice recording with built-in microphone
- Includes MP3i Creator software for pictures, lyrics and text
Customers Also Shopped For
With the MP3i Creator software, it is possible to add visual and textual enhancements to your player. The730i also comes with MusicMatch Jukebox software to get you up and running. This player is compatible with iTunes 2 and iTunes 3 Jukebox software for Macs. ID3 tag support is a nice feature to help determine song, artist, and title information; this feature also helps with searching through the extensive file catalog. Remember to take a look at the system requirements to ensure your computer system meets the demands this player and included software requires.
The five preset equalizer modes (flat, classical, pop, rock, hip hop) enhance the sound quality of the digital files. The required AAA battery will last up to eight hours. The blue, backlit LCD screen is a hip and useful feature, especially for those using the player at night. Other features include: hold, resume, bass boost, repeat and random.
What's in the Box
irock! 730i digital audio player, stereo headphones, 1 AAA battery, MP3i Creator software, MusicMatch Jukebox software, belt clip and a user's manual.
Top Customer Reviews
A little about the player:
* It's small - I didn't realize how small until I got it. It's about 3x2x1 inches.
* It has an LCD display that displays song information and can even be used to create a karaoke like display or even display pictures (in admittedly poor quality).
* It has a built-in, removable belt clip - some other versions do not.
* Accepts SmartMedia expansion cards, up to 128 MB - allowing for a total of 256 MB of music at any given point.
* Comes with software: MusicMatch and the Irock Transfer Manager.
* Has a key lock to stop accidentally turning it on when it is being transported
* It does not come with rechargeable batteries: it takes one AAA battery.
* The headphones that come with it seem good enough to do the job - nothing great but not too cheap either.
Some others notes:
You'll need to use their software to actually move the music to the player. I did run into some problems when I first tried to add music to a SmartMedia card (a card is not included with the product). I think the trick is to format the card with the irock! software, or through the menu option on the device.
On the down side, I think the menu system is a little tricky. Although it allows for you to change many settings, like the equalizers (to 1 of 5 presets) and random playback, it is difficult to figure out how to get in to, and once in, a little clunky to maneuver.Read more ›
This one is perfect for the gym. It's small, about the size of a small pager. It comes with a belt clip, so you can hook it on your shorts. It also has a leather cover case, which I decided not to use because the player would fall off a little easier during my workouts.
For starter, you can't be the price on this one. Already starts off with 128mb of memory which you can double with a Smart Media card.
I have found downloading songs to be real easy. The sound also good for a little player, plus it has menu options for the type of music you like, rock, jazz etc.
The only thing I really didn't care for are the ear bud phones. But you can also buy new headphones more to your liking.
Overall, a very good buy for the price.
The unit has plenty of features including a voice recorder. The software included was easy to use but adding lyrics for the display was a time consuming process. Sound quality was very good and had alot of volume for this small unit.
The unit is constructed of plastic and so are all of the controls and the belt clip. I felt the unit was poorly fabricated. The battery cover felt like it was ready to crack. I was afraid the belt clip was ready to break since it was made of plastic and therefore I never made use of it. The clip had screw securing it to the unit probably so that it could be easily replaced. The plastic case was a piece of junk.
My biggest disappointment was in the control switches. The on/off button was the same control used for the play mode. I found myself pressing the button so hard at times in frustration since it did not perform its function.
My son ended up receiving an MP3 player made by Rio from his older brother. That unit had a strap and looked to be more rugged for his use. I was going to keep the 730i but those control buttons just didn't do the job. I ended up returning the unit.
I still gave this unit 3 stars since it did have alot of features but I would not recommend it for its durability and ease of use. If you don't need the lyrics displayed then you don't need this unit; the 530 can do the job.
Today I bought a Mpio FL100 and within 30 minutes had downloaded some WMA files, transfered a cd to my computer, then to the Mpio. And, they ALL play. Well worth the extra money I spent.