Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2008, 8:35:05 PM PDT
Griff says:
You would think that her editors or publishers or SOMEONE who is familiar with scripture may have pointed out the fact that the very title of this "Christian" book is completely contrary to scripture! In fact the Bible says in John 12:25 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.". WOW, would a horrible statement about what her faith is based on.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2008, 8:34:22 AM PDT
I don't claim to be an expert on scripture, but I do know this. I have read two of her husbands books, and become a better person for it. If their books do nothing else, they make us examine the blessings in our lives, and try to improve them, without putting aside our ethics. Regardless of your interputation of the Bible, I have no doubt that God does not intend for us to spend our earthly lives miserable, self-loathing, and greedy. These books allow us to look at lifes trials as ways for us to improve our spirits. Even your quote is contrary, since it implies that if you hate your life you will carry that hated life for eternity, or that your life will be your "hell", I chose to love my life and lose it, meaning to rise out of this world and life to heaven above. Your quote is in essence, the reason her title is perfect!!! Please read the book, and your view will be changed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008, 6:33:38 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 8, 2009, 1:54:12 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008, 11:46:38 AM PST
Daniel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009, 5:28:50 AM PST
CLC0930 says:
Well, Edna, since you seem to have all the answers...if the purppose of life is to not find happiness in God's blessing, what is the purpose of living at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2009, 12:32:44 AM PST
Rosemary says:
Are you so delusional to believe you are living in biblical times? Or maybe you live in Utah and have 10 teenage wives?
I do not understand why are you threatened by a valid point--Is it because she is a woman? Or did you just not understand what Edna was getting at?
Ok, consider this...
Matthew 6:20- "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

Means selfish desire and hedonistic pleasure seeking of this life is fleeting; and therefore should be hated. The spiritual reward of life in heaven is eternal and should be forever sought over such worldly desires.

<<Edna, there are men reading these forums on amazon - you should shut your mouth and not speak over them as you are a woman. Know your Biblical place.>>

So you can think you're big man with that statement? Why even bother to post?? With that response you only qualified yourself as an simpleton.
You should know YOUR place--as a chauvinistic ignoramus.

So please don't post where intelligent people try to entertain civilized debate..

Let me try to convey it in a way you can understand,

Shut YOUR mouth, you pig.

(Oh and please try to spell "ETERNITY" properly when attempting to make a point-
It will give people a chance of taking you seriously next time)

Posted on Mar 17, 2009, 4:23:32 PM PDT
M. Walker says:
I am not sure how old you all are ( everyone who posted prier to me), but I am 22 yrs old; and not even I would post comments such as these, we are all supposed to be Christians... walking and living in the name of the lord... am I wrong? So why is it that we are not portraying such actions? Some of these comments are just uncalled for! As Christians we are all supposed to educated properly and not judge others... but to find the truth and discus the matter at hand. All I wanted when I looked at the reviews were to see how the book was... to get some opinion on how the book was and the impact (if any) it made in someone's life, and not even one comment had anything to do with this book. That's a shame.

Posted on Mar 17, 2009, 4:24:31 PM PDT
M. Walker says:
I am not sure how old you all are ( everyone who posted prier to me), but I am 22 yrs old; and not even I would post comments such as these, we are all supposed to be Christians... walking and living in the name of the lord... am I wrong? So why is it that we are not portraying such actions? Some of these comments are just uncalled for! As Christians we are all supposed to educated properly and not judge others... but to find the truth and discus the matter at hand. All I wanted when I looked at the reviews were to see how the book was... to get some opinion on how the book was and the impact (if any) it made in someone's life, and not even one comment had anything to do with this book. That's a shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2009, 3:56:41 AM PDT
hi Edna, I think that the Christian does hate this miserable, rotten, world, life. But doesnt God give to you an inner joy from the Holy Spirit that would make you to ''love your Life on the inside'' Jesus also said ''I am come that you might have life & that more abundantly'' Peter said ''ye rejoice with joy unspeakable & full of Glory'' I dont know--isnt that the life you love? I cannot see any believer truly loving this fleshly life, because its so full of discrepancy and imperfections Reverend Kenneth M. Griffiths from 'Oh God, Change This Scene!''

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2009, 4:01:53 AM PDT
hi Thomas, John 12/25 is literal---it is elementary-- I do not think you have the right to tell Edna ''to shut her mouth as she is a woman'' That is not a Christian gentleman speaking to a woman. come on. Rev.ken Griffiths from ''Oh God, Change This Scene!''

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2009, 4:05:52 AM PDT
hi m. You certainly got that right! I would like to hear more about the Book too.[ not people telling each other off or brandishing rude remarks which does not profit at all ] Rev. Ken Griffiths from 'Oh God,Change This Scene!'

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2009, 3:41:48 PM PST
JR Corry says:
Rosemary, he was obviously being sarcastic. Calm the heck down and take a Valium or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011, 11:09:24 AM PDT
The purpose of life is to follow the golden rule and serve others.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013, 9:03:27 AM PST
Her husband and her come from 2 entirely different backgrounds. He has the knowledge to write what he does. She doesn't, IMO.
I watch him on TV as many times a week I can find him-at least 3. When she is on, I change channels. She comes across as a phony to me.

This book of hers does not equate to biblical teachings.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2014, 7:37:20 AM PDT
badboy says:
George, she seems quite phony to me too. When I see her at the end of Joel's show, when they are doing their promotion - it's like she can't wait to be somewhere else. If not for Joel, where would she be? And yet she writes a book telling others how to live - and they buy it. What does Victoria know the rest of us don't? Come on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Oct 12, 2008
Latest post:  May 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole by Victoria Osteen (Hardcover - October 14, 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (98)