Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Can I just get the console? The game sucks...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2012, 10:21:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012, 10:14:49 PM PDT
And really, who wants a white Kinect sensor? I just want the console alone, with maybe the controller, and even the controller doesn't really do it for me. I was at Comic Con, in the room, ten feet away when they announced this thing. Let me tell you, the game looked like it sucked then and the devs had no idea wtf they were doing with it. So, can't I save about $100 by just getting the console? Screw the game, it's going to be horrid.

UPDATE: Yeah, so the White sensor isn't that bad! As a matter of fact, I wonder if it doesn't work a little better than the black one. Huh, weird.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012, 8:53:55 AM PDT
Omar says:
sell whatever you don't want in the bundle?

Posted on Mar 14, 2012, 5:13:27 PM PDT
Badger says:
You can probably sell the Kinect, but good luck getting rid of the game...

Posted on Mar 25, 2012, 11:40:27 AM PDT
Game can't be that bad. And I got a chance to try the kinect, and its awesome. White or black..... ehhh. But I still want it. And the game might actually be worth playing.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012, 10:06:49 AM PDT
I will end up getting it even if i dont want the game or the white kinect. i already have a kinect anyways. i will more than likley just sell the kinect and if the game is horrid, i will attempt to sell it too.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 1:17:22 AM PDT
A. Clay says:
well, if you preorder and end up selling the game, include the kit fisto code. you could probably get a pretty penny for the set in a year or so. out of curiousity, i looked up how much people were selling unused L4D2 preorder codes for, and found some at 20+ bucks. and that was for a silly little baseball bat. this is for one ofthe coolest jedi! people will totally pay for the code and game

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012, 11:20:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2012, 11:21:19 AM PDT
Sure, buy it on Ebay.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012, 3:14:31 PM PDT
phoenix says:
I'm fine with kinnect in white or black but then ms went and announced a 4gb waste of time white xbox with a white kinnect so your stormtrooper white kinect is going 2 be much less rare than i had hoped.

As for kinect sw the game is most likely a waste of space...without a nav unit like ps3/wii has it's all forced on rails crap you're better off getting the gunstringer which even has a lefty mode...on rails though it may be the gunstringer is a far better game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2012, 8:50:57 PM PDT
I'm the same way could take it or leave it on the game. I actually need a new console as mines dying quick so when I saw this I'm like screw the game give me the 360 and it's an upgrade since I never shelled out the money for a kinect.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012, 3:17:52 AM PDT
if you dont want the game, sell it as new/unopened when you get your bundle. as long as you dont take off the plastic wrap its still new.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012, 12:06:09 PM PDT
That's what I've been considering. If I really want the game I can buy it later for probably dirt cheap so I'd get the money for selling it now. My only concern is does anyone really want the game enough to pay anything for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012, 8:17:10 PM PDT
Bobby says:
nope.
only star wars geeks, and they'll be getting day one purchases.
I guess if you sell for half price you'll get a star wars fanboy who also happens to be a penny pincher. Just be sure to include the kit fisto code for an extra $4 or so.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012, 10:12:25 AM PDT
1UP says:
MS is already annouced that a white color kinect will be out. So it is not special anyway. The game sucks big time. $449 for the whole set is way too much. Not worth it.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012, 10:43:18 AM PDT
Not worth what? The other Kinect systems are $50 cheaper for a smaller hard drive and no R2-D2 sound effects. Really, if you can't afford it because you don't have money then don't post and say it's "too much" because the price is in line with all the other ones. It just happens to be the most expensive.

I'm buying it because I have the money and I love Star Wars, and so do the other children in the house. lol

Posted on Apr 3, 2012, 11:04:07 AM PDT
abrazoom says:
there are other Xbox systems that showcase diffident games. Please choose one you like an do not complain about the one you are not totally pleased with.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012, 1:15:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012, 1:27:07 PM PDT
kem says:
I think lucasarts really messed up by not releasing this last year. Interest was much higher then than it is now. It was announced close to christmas and close to the blu-ray release of the star wars trilogy. Fast forward to this april and we are probably less than 1 year away from the announcement of a new xbox system. Which will make all of the hardware in this system terribly outdated. I have a feeling it was delayed because kinect star wars was not ready and they wanted to sell them together because they knew that game would not sell by itself. I think their strategy is going to end up hurting overall sales of their consoles. People still aren't going to buy the kinect star wars game and fewer gamers are going to want this system because of newer systems that are no doubt on the way. Also this bundle is way overpriced. I actually have the money to buy this and I just can't justify its cost. The new 360 may be out next year and it will probably cost the same price as this bundle with specs that rumored to be 3 times the power of the existing xbox. Even if I kept this unopened I dont see the value going up by much in the long-term. Electronics just doesn't retain its value like other collectible items. My advice to everyone considering this purchase is to only get it if you really want it. It probably will be hard to come by in a few months but that doesn't make it a good buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 2:40:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012, 2:42:29 PM PDT
KEM. I like your post. Them postponing the Kinect til Xmas 2012 killed it for me because I needed a new Xbox and wanted Kinect.

Selling this item past a specific point can make anyone not buy it.

Now of course this one comes out of the blue without an single email, etc. and I already bought a new xbox and a kinect separately.

Delaying in the first place, like you said, was a MAJOR mistake, They will only be able to sell these as nostalgia and thats about it with the new Xbox coming around the corner.

I would have bought it regardless if the game sucked because it was like getting the game for free. But once it was delayed I no longer want the R2D2 Xbox anymore.

anyone complaining about the price may want to think it over.

Separate costs would be
Game 60 dollars
Kinect 130 dollars minimum
Xbox 320 gig (doesnt exist seperately)
Xbox 250 gig 300 dollars.

Thats at least 430 dollars for a console with kinect.

So in the future the extra 70 gigs will come in handy. Especially at the time when companies stop selling Movies and Video Games on disks.

THEN you are not only missing one big point. People are going to be paying 800 dollars and up off of people who own this once all of these run dry at regular sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 3:59:01 PM PDT
Just FYI, you can trade in your Xbox Kinect to Amazon, free shipping, for $180 to $200 if you have the original box. Just sayin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 4:33:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012, 4:39:13 PM PDT
Someones Future Ex Husband replied...

Just FYI, you can trade in your Xbox Kinect to Amazon, free shipping, for $180 to $200 if you have the original box. Just sayin'.

--------------

Without looking I bet that is UP TO 180 dollars and according to some of the posts I read people are getting around 25 percent of that UP TO money that was promised on trade ins. One person I know around the corner sent in a cel phone bubble wrapped and they denied it and put the cel phone in a box with no protection.

If I WERE to ever go that route I would take it to a place that has a person on the other end of a counter.

BTW anyone reading The above post may want to watch out. Because that is only based on WHAT is with it.

Like if you trade in a perfectly unsused SW Kinect Bundle with game you would get 190 dollars for the whole thing in perfect condition.

But if you were to trade in a perfect unused 360 4gig then the most you would get is 100 dollars.

No offense to XHusband but there are a lot more bits of fine print to go thru before you get your hopes up.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 9:51:30 PM PDT
microsoft has already confirmed that they will not be announcing any new console at e3 2012, so that means they wont be ready to talk about one until e3 2013 at the earliest, which means it wont be ready until xmas 2013 or some time in 2014.

theres still some life left in the old 360 yet (as long as you dont red ring of doom)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012, 10:13:29 PM PDT
Sorry, I don't have time to cater to the masses. I was just putting the information out there because most people don't even know that the Amazon Trade-In program exists. If you download the student app for your phone it has a scanner on there. Or you can just make a list in your trade in account. The Xbox I'm going to send in is the Holiday Bundle. Even if I get $150 for it, which I doubt, even in good condition it's $180, I still will be making out because the Star Wars Xbox had an unadvertised $50 discount on any order. Say what you will, but I won't deal with the morons at Gamestop, nor the idiots on Ebay. For the $30 I'm losing from those places I'll gladly send it (free shipping) back to Amazon. Easy peasy lemon squeazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012, 12:32:19 AM PDT
XHusband I know what you mean. I was just posting more of an FYI why my dinner was in the oven :)

You know how some people take it literally.

And I did forget that Gamestop does charge tax on the sales as well. I mean I will buy from Amazon any chance I get due to no tax. But I wouldnt feel comfortable sending it out to anyone by mail for "an appraisal". I also probably would never trade in my xbox. Heck I even still got my N64 and my Sega CD hooked up. Funny thing is for the last few years I have played them about a half hour being used to the xbox now :)

and yeah laserquist I was guessing at LEAST xmas 2013 if it does come out in 2013. but buying something like this when you know when its going to be obsolete soon is too much of a risk. Unless of course I had NO Xbox at all I would still buy the present on in summer of 2013 :)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 11:49:04 AM PDT
nycmode says:
The game is meh, but the bundle is rockin'. Love the white kinect

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012, 4:12:41 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
"Separate costs would be
Game 60 dollars
Kinect 130 dollars minimum
Xbox 320 gig (doesnt exist seperately)
Xbox 250 gig 300 dollars.

Thats at least 430 dollars for a console with kinect."

$50 - Star Wars Kinect
150 - Kinect Sensor
130 - 320gb Hard Drive (Yes, it does exist separately - www.amzn.com/B005PSTV2K)
200 - 4gb 360 Slim

To buy everything new at MSRP would cost $530, not including sales tax. If you're going by the current Amazon selling price, as of April 9, you're looking at paying about $498.

$50 - Star Wars Kinect
140 - Kinect Sensor
113 - 320gb Hard Drive
195 - 4gb 360 Slim

...and again, you're complaining that Amazon didn't send you an e-mail about the release date. So what? They probably didn't send you one because you had already canceled your pre-order for it. Usually if you cancel an order, that means you no longer want it, just saying.

We still have about two years before we'll see a new Xbox, even then that isn't to say everyone is just going to drop their 360 and get the new one at launch. This bundle is just dependent on what you really need. I personally just got my money back from GameStop earlier today as my husband and I mainly wanted it since it's Star Wars, and we wanted a newer model with a bigger hard drive to replace our older model Arcade with a 120gb hard drive running low on space. We already own a Kinect, and I'm rather fine with waiting until Kinect Star Wars drops to $20.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 4:33:01 PM PDT
Actually, I got a $50 Amazon credit also, so it was really only $399 for me. I'll gladly trade that for a Kit Fisto skin anyday. Oh wait, got that too. lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about