Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,575 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,801 reviews
I have been using the iPearl mCovers for my MacBook Pro's for several years. The shell continues to get better and better as iPearl tweaks the design of the cover. I feel the cover is about as good a cover as you'll hope to find at a very attractive price.

The mCover installs easily and securely. Small tabs are utilized to enable the cover to grip the shell of the MacBook Pro.

The two silicon pads on the bottom front shell help prevent the computer from slipping when on a slick surface like a desk. The two retractable feet on the bottom rear of the shell elevate the back of the comptuer a bit to make for a more comfortable typing position.

The clear shell is actually translucent. It's very attractive in my opinion and lets the true color of the MacBook Pro shell come through. The lit Apple logo also shows through brightly through the case which I like.

The shell fits my MacBook Pro perfectly. The cover adds negligible weight and there is absolutely no play in the shell at all. I feel much more secure knowing that my MacBook Pro is being protected against scratches, and bumps.

Highly recommended.
44 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2012
This cover is easy to apply and looks great. It offers protection from scratches and dings and is eye catching too. It has fold down legs that allow you to elevate the back of the laptop for easier typing. The bottom is an open grid for full ventilation so I don't see where there would be a heat problem, especially when the legs are down. I did not order the keyboard protection because someone said it came with this hard shell case but mine did not come with one. On second thought though I can see where the open keyboard would help ventilation and I am just as pleased to not have that covered.
My Mac Pro still slips in and out of my laptop sleeve case without any problems.....that case is a snug fit and I thought this cover would make my Mac no longer fit but I need not have worried; it adds so little to the overall size of the laptop that it does not matter.
It is a very attractive red and adds an element of personalization with the added benefit of providing protection. That's a win-win in my book!
on January 11, 2016
If you have an older macbook, there aren't alot of cases made for it period. This one fit my 2010 macbook. It's also difficult to find something that is clear and still allows me to see my mac (which I want) yet will help against drops. I'm not interested in preventing scratches, I wanted something like an otter case that would help prevent dents if it fell. There aren't many products like this for this make and model besides this. Its molding is really well and snaps on snugly, has port holes for venting and the fact that it has feet that help for underbody ventilation is clutch! Definitely worth the money.

update: 12/11/2016: I just wanted to again update that this thing is amazing. I've been using my laptop even more now because of school and so it's getting banged around a lot more and this thing protects it and since I use it for long periods of time, the built in feet (which is genius by the way) are great for raising it up to give it air ventilation and reduce overheating.

LOVE this thing.
on September 29, 2009
I had been looking for a blue plastic case like this for a long time... Speck, InCase... all of the major manufacturers have ugly pastel colors that aren't blue enough for me. I searched through google images and finally found this case. It's actually a great case. I was worried about buying one on Amazon, but my experience with the company has been superb.

There's more to this case than you can tell through the pictures... It has PLENTY of ventilation on the bottom. My old Speck case would heat up a lot just with normal use... this one has vents that accommodate the heat produced by the computer. It also has two latches on the bottom that allow you to prop up the computer to a good height for typing and heat disbursement.

I'd like to see some differences if they revise this design... ALL of the plastic is Clear Blue except for the Apple Logo... it's somewhat of a Matte Blue instead. I think the Apple logo would pop better if it were clear like the rest of the machine. I have no experience to base this on - but I'm afraid with time the latches on the bottom could break off. They don't feel "cheap" but the design itself worries me. There are also two foam skid pads on the front (think of iBook feet) that I would prefer to be rubber. The foam just looks and feels cheap.

All said and done, I'm happy with my purchase. It's BLUE and it seems to be a pretty darn good case.
on August 10, 2012
I bought this for my 15" MacBook Pro to protect the aluminum body. This cover is cheap and really thin. I was under the impression that it had the rubberized look and feel that Speck and Incase have, but no, it does not.

The top half that adheres to the screen does not fit properly. It bows outward and the two tabs on the longest side don't even grip/grab like the tabs on the shorter sides. The bottom half, with the ventilation holes, snapped into place and held nicely, but whenever I opened and closed my laptop, there was a creaking like noise. It sounds like the hinges creaking on an old door when it is opened and closed. I was wondering what was causing the noise and discovered that it is the two tabs that snap onto the back side, where the screen is attached and swings open and closed, were RUBBING AGAINST the piece that attaches the screen to the bottom half of my MBP!

I immediately took the bottom off and checked the areas that were being rubbed on my laptop and sure enough, there were shiny spots where the cover had rubbed against the area connecting the top half of the laptop with the bottom half. The only positives to this cover are that the pieces are easy to put on and pretty easy to take off. That's probably it because I anticipate the legs that lift the computer, so that heat can be dissipated, and rubber feet will break/fall off after a month or two.

It also comes with a free rubber/gel type of keyboard skin cover. It fits pretty snugly and well, but feels weird typing. If you've got the money get the keyboard cover skin made by Moshi Clearguard keyboard cover. If you can't shell out the money, I highly suggest the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for MacBook Pro 13 15 17 inch." That's the one I bought and love. You can check out the review I wrote for it.

I would return this piece of junk, but I've already put a sticker on it and don't want to have to deal with removing the residue just to get my $19.99 back. Come to think of it, you'll probably scratch the body of your laptop trying to take this and other hard shells (Speck, Incase, etc.) off. I'd rather not ruin the aluminum finish of my MBP. Don't waste your money.
on January 27, 2012
This is a great case for a 15" Macbook Pro. I was worried about a case increasing the temperatures of my Macbook. There is plenty of ventilation on the bottom. Most of the temps seem to be about 3-5 degrees cooler on my system since I started using this case.

The bottom has a lot of ventilation that may allow more airflow than if the laptop was sitting on the table without the case. It seems this design would be very helpful if the laptop were actually on your lap. If the computer is sitting on a table, there are two foldout legs (like on the bottom of a keyboard) that create more space for keeping the computer cool. They are plastic and might break sometime in the future (say you forget to close them before putting them back in your bag).

This case is a nice royal blue that isn't a pastel or flowery. Amazon shipping was great, as usual. It arrived on time and as described.

Very pleased with the purchase. It gives the laptop an individual touch.

I bought a similar pink case for my wife's Macbook Pro a while back. She dropped it a couple times with no damage to the computer. Luckily, I haven't had that happen with mine, yet.

I also picked up a fan to put next to my computer as a way to help with the airflow and keep the computer cool. I used the Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us. It plugged straight into my hub and automatically comes on when I turn on the computer.
on January 15, 2013
Bought this to replace a clip-broken Speck case. First off, this case is sliick. I feel like the laptop is going to slip out of my hand when I'm holding it. The Speck case was rubberized and felt much better. This is slick, plain black plastic. It also doesn't hug the computer tightly as well as Speck case does. You can push on the case and there is a significant amount of air gap between the computer and the case.

The clips on the top of the monitor cover like to come undone when you open the screen. Not a huge deal, but a dead giveaway to the lack of quality in the carefulness of design.

The bottom feet that flip down are cool, but I question how long they are going to last before they break off.

EDIT: The case has damaged my computer! Contrary to my initial statement, this case fits TOO tightly and thus is causing some problems. For instance, the upper right corner of my screen housing (when open) is now smashed in slightly because the cover hugs it too tightly in the corners and has pressed in the aluminum over time. As for the bottom, the same problem, too tight in the corners. It has created a quite large bulge on the bottom-right corner of the palmrest and has created two divets on either side of the machine, about an inch rearward from the front (where the sleep light and IR sensor are). EXTREMELY disappointed in this as to properly repair this, it would cost in excess of $600-700.

Also, the case likes to "pop" when you open it. This is due to the bottom case clips near the screen hinge. It catches on the screen and pops, so much so that after time a bit of the clip actually broke off. It was fixed for a few days and then the problem came back again. It would be possible to fix with a dremel, but why...

Honestly, if you care about you're machine and aren't looking for cosmetic damage caused by a faulty design,...

STAY. AWAY. FROM. THIS. PRODUCT! Buy the Speck and when the clips break on that, replace it. It's not worth the damage to your, already, expensive machine.
on January 22, 2013
I initially decided to go for this case due to hearing about people having quality issues with incase and speck brand cases. I also enjoyed the price.

One thing I was worried about with any brand of hardshell is the fact that people get dust and other debris in between the hardshell and the macbook. This causes the computer to get little scratches "etched" into the macbook which defeats the purpose of getting a hardshell in the first place right? I decided with a clear case so I could keep an eye on if dust and such gets trapped between the two.

I went with the iPearl because of a couple of things:

-Vents on the bottom. (I like the fact that this case is a lot more vented than the other brands)
-Quality. After reading other reviews people seem to prefer this case over others due to small things, such as the tabs on the side that clip into the laptop don't break as often, etc..
-Pop up feet: I am typing this review with the two feet popped up and it's pretty comfortable.

Some cons I saw right off the bat were that the clips that hook into the back bottom part of the laptop can scratch the black plastic hinge. This was something I was aware of from reading a couple of reviews, I went ahead and grinded those off right away. So far it seems to hold on fine.

The case itself feels a little flimsy compared to it's competitors at first, but this is a double edged sword. The amount of "flex" in this case seems to be what helps it not crack at vital points (remember those tabs I talked about earlier?) So while it may seem a little flimsy before you have it on your computer, I believe this was done on purpose to help aid the overall durability over the course of owning and using this product.

Overall the iPearl is a solid choice, and at the price you really have no reason to look elsewhere. I am extremely happy with this purchase and will be recommending this case to everyone I know that gets a new macbook in the future.
on August 3, 2010
I thought I was ordering a cover for my new MacBookPro that would have a rubberized feel similar to the Speck covers, and was disappointed to find it was hard plastic with no rubberized exterior. I wanted this feature to make handling my laptop more secure (help to avoid it slipping out of my hands... I'm a teacher and cart my computer around with me all the time). At first I intended to return it, but decided to give it a try. Well, I love it! My laptop looks amazing, and the cover snapped on with no effort at all, fits nice and tight, like a second skin. All the ports are easily accessible, and the little feet feature really helps with ventilating the heat that laptops can generate with use.The big plus is the cost: half of what one of the Speck covers would have run me. Mine came with the keyboard cover, which adds a pretty look to the keyboard, and using my laptop off and on all day at school, plus carting it home for use there, it can get quite dirty over time. The silicone cover stays put and will keep my keyboard clean and dust free. All-in-all I am very happy with my purchase. May even buy another color to switch out for fun. At this price, why not?
on July 2, 2012
As a photographer who takes my laptop on the go with me all of the time, I wanted something that would protect it as well as make it look nice. I chose this blue cover and couldn't be happier. May even have to order another one in a different color :) It snaps into place perfectly and I've never had any issues with it coming off or slipping or not fitting, etc. I love the way it makes the lit-up apple icon show up as "blue" now... people wonder how I got a blue macbook, and I tell them all about this cover found on amazon.com. I didn't use the key cover that came with it, just because it wasn't easy for me to type with it on, but it was a nice surprise to get that in the package too when I received my shipment! Yep, now I'm definitely thinking I should order one in another color!