Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,588 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,815 reviews
on April 25, 2012
This cover is easy to apply and looks great. It offers protection from scratches and dings and is eye catching too. It has fold down legs that allow you to elevate the back of the laptop for easier typing. The bottom is an open grid for full ventilation so I don't see where there would be a heat problem, especially when the legs are down. I did not order the keyboard protection because someone said it came with this hard shell case but mine did not come with one. On second thought though I can see where the open keyboard would help ventilation and I am just as pleased to not have that covered.
My Mac Pro still slips in and out of my laptop sleeve case without any problems.....that case is a snug fit and I thought this cover would make my Mac no longer fit but I need not have worried; it adds so little to the overall size of the laptop that it does not matter.
It is a very attractive red and adds an element of personalization with the added benefit of providing protection. That's a win-win in my book!
on January 11, 2016
If you have an older macbook, there aren't alot of cases made for it period. This one fit my 2010 macbook. It's also difficult to find something that is clear and still allows me to see my mac (which I want) yet will help against drops. I'm not interested in preventing scratches, I wanted something like an otter case that would help prevent dents if it fell. There aren't many products like this for this make and model besides this. Its molding is really well and snaps on snugly, has port holes for venting and the fact that it has feet that help for underbody ventilation is clutch! Definitely worth the money.

update: 12/11/2016: I just wanted to again update that this thing is amazing. I've been using my laptop even more now because of school and so it's getting banged around a lot more and this thing protects it and since I use it for long periods of time, the built in feet (which is genius by the way) are great for raising it up to give it air ventilation and reduce overheating.

LOVE this thing.
on July 2, 2012
As a photographer who takes my laptop on the go with me all of the time, I wanted something that would protect it as well as make it look nice. I chose this blue cover and couldn't be happier. May even have to order another one in a different color :) It snaps into place perfectly and I've never had any issues with it coming off or slipping or not fitting, etc. I love the way it makes the lit-up apple icon show up as "blue" now... people wonder how I got a blue macbook, and I tell them all about this cover found on amazon.com. I didn't use the key cover that came with it, just because it wasn't easy for me to type with it on, but it was a nice surprise to get that in the package too when I received my shipment! Yep, now I'm definitely thinking I should order one in another color!
on July 12, 2017
My 1st aqua case lasted me 3 years on my mid-2012 15" macbook pro (non retina), but one of the pop up feet finally broke off. I decided that since it was reduced in price that I would just buy a new one. I did contact the seller about getting new feet, and they were willing to send me a one time replacement, but I figured a new one would last me a little longer. Very nice and quick to respond. Very happy with the company. I decided to go with the clear this time. When I originally bought it, you stuck the feet on (they were like stickers on one side), but this one they were already on which may mean they'll last longer. The rubber feet on the 1st case came off after a few weeks, but it wasn't a big deal for me.

Overall love the case and the company seemed great.
on May 8, 2017
Lightweight, protects my MacBook Pro from dings and, most important, elevates the laptop on little (but solid) plastic legs for air-cooling and easier typing. The free keyboard cover is great, protecting from errant spills of wine and coffee. (Though the most-used keys will wear off.) But be careful! The little legs can bend and break. If you move your laptop, first snap the legs back into the case to protect them from banging into something that will break them. (Which is why I've re-bought this product at least three times. My bad, not the maker's.) Just take one second and fold in the legs before moving your laptop, and you'll be fine.
on September 29, 2009
I had been looking for a blue plastic case like this for a long time... Speck, InCase... all of the major manufacturers have ugly pastel colors that aren't blue enough for me. I searched through google images and finally found this case. It's actually a great case. I was worried about buying one on Amazon, but my experience with the company has been superb.

There's more to this case than you can tell through the pictures... It has PLENTY of ventilation on the bottom. My old Speck case would heat up a lot just with normal use... this one has vents that accommodate the heat produced by the computer. It also has two latches on the bottom that allow you to prop up the computer to a good height for typing and heat disbursement.

I'd like to see some differences if they revise this design... ALL of the plastic is Clear Blue except for the Apple Logo... it's somewhat of a Matte Blue instead. I think the Apple logo would pop better if it were clear like the rest of the machine. I have no experience to base this on - but I'm afraid with time the latches on the bottom could break off. They don't feel "cheap" but the design itself worries me. There are also two foam skid pads on the front (think of iBook feet) that I would prefer to be rubber. The foam just looks and feels cheap.

All said and done, I'm happy with my purchase. It's BLUE and it seems to be a pretty darn good case.
on May 18, 2015
The problem with giving a review is that this is a kit. While I would give some higher stars than others I have to average the score.
The case itself isn't too bad. Fitment is great. While I like the feet to add angle and ventilation it means the back of the case doesn't have rubber pads; this causes the computer when flat to slip easily. The only rubber pads are in the front of the case. It would be much better if the bottom of the feet were rubber such that it provided some additional friction and resistance to movement.
The keyboard cover while adding some protection makes typing difficult; there is no "F" & "J" reference. The keyboard cover is also white printed over black which makes the backlit keyboard of the Macbook useless; no light makes it through. And the last thing that bothered me about the keyboard cover is the iPearl Advertisement printed across the space bar.
on September 13, 2015
I have been using this hard shell case for almost two years with absolutely no issues. It's a bit scratched up from transporting it, but it is still 100% intact.

I've read reviews of hard shell cases that mentioned the feet/bottom of the cases scratching tables & desks and I haven't noticed anything like that with this case. The clips on the edges of the top and bottom shells hold it securely to my MacBook Pro and none of the clips have ever broken, however, I have only taken the case off a few times over the last couple years. Speaking of which, the case does a good job of keeping dust, hair, etc out and I very rarely have to take the case off to clean it and/or my laptop.

I'm so pleased with this product. When I am in the market for a new hard shell case, I will stick with this brand as long as it's around!
on August 3, 2010
I thought I was ordering a cover for my new MacBookPro that would have a rubberized feel similar to the Speck covers, and was disappointed to find it was hard plastic with no rubberized exterior. I wanted this feature to make handling my laptop more secure (help to avoid it slipping out of my hands... I'm a teacher and cart my computer around with me all the time). At first I intended to return it, but decided to give it a try. Well, I love it! My laptop looks amazing, and the cover snapped on with no effort at all, fits nice and tight, like a second skin. All the ports are easily accessible, and the little feet feature really helps with ventilating the heat that laptops can generate with use.The big plus is the cost: half of what one of the Speck covers would have run me. Mine came with the keyboard cover, which adds a pretty look to the keyboard, and using my laptop off and on all day at school, plus carting it home for use there, it can get quite dirty over time. The silicone cover stays put and will keep my keyboard clean and dust free. All-in-all I am very happy with my purchase. May even buy another color to switch out for fun. At this price, why not?
on April 15, 2016
I ordered this case after i scratched my aluminum macbook pro (not happy about it still). Ive had it on my laptop for a couple of years now and its still holding strong, not breaks or scratches or anything so im definitely happy about that! I didnt expect the quality so that was a pleasant surprise. I travel a decent amount and throw my laptop into a backpack, in the car or on a plane or wherver and its still solid after all this time. I got one in black and also in teal/ baby blue. Both are holding up nicely. Its a smiple case, no frills. the part where the apple lights up on the laptop is made of a thinner layer so that you can see the apple glow, thats pretty neat. The only slightly annoying thing are the legs that you can open and lean the computer on. They open backwards, so if youre using it on a desk and want to push the laptop back it will fold on you, but i guess no matter which way they made it open it would fold. All in all, this cheaply priced case has kept my stupidly expensive priced laptop safe, so yay!