Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd)
- Stunning 1280x800 HD display with rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Custom Dolby audio and dual driver stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- Ultra-fast dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming
- Over 27 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games
Top Customer Reviews
The device feels nice and solid. I'm a little surprised at how heavy it is, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The rubberized backing is always nice for added grip. It's not as nice as say unibody aluminum, but it's not $500 either.
The screen is fantastic. But my problem is the same as when iPad got Retina Display, other than the OS, most apps look rather pixelated. A lot of the games I tried are not high definition, at least not high enough to look smooth on this screen. Hopefully apps get updated to higher resolutions.
LOCK SCREEN ADS
Yeah there are ads on my lock screen. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. How much time do people really spend looking at the lock screen? The first thing I thought when I saw the ads is WOW the pictures are really crisp! The ads are there to subsidize some of the $200 price tag. I might pay the $15 to get rid of them so I can customize it, but I might not. I feel like this has been blown out of proportion by other customers.
The sound from the speakers is great. Much better than you would get from more expensive devices, very crisp and clean. I have the official Amazon case on and it has not affected the sound at all. Nothing much else to say, I doubt anyone will complain about this.
I've had two apps crash on opening. I don't know if it is the app or the OS. It's probably somewhere in the middle. Again, not a big deal for me.Read more ›
I already own an Ipad and did not feel the need to own a Fire, since I believe they duplicated the same purpose. I did however place an order for the Paperwhite, but after thinking about it, why not own a full functional device that is more than just an ereader.
I love the eInk displays and how light the regular Kindles are. One of my main gripes about tables are that they are heavier and you cant read the screen in bright daylight. I'm not really sure why the daylight is such a big deal for me, since I probably only read outside when I'm on vacation (2x a year).
Anyway, I cancelled the Paperwhite and ordered the Fire HD. I love it. It is portable, I never take my Ipad anywhere, just too big. I uploaded my entire music library from Itunes to Amazon Cloud, (so much for being locked down Apple!) and of course all of my books are on it. I regularly borrow books from my local library and was often frustrated that when I was away from home I could not search for books on my regular Kindle, becuase the experimental browser was just not functional enough.
The sound is amazing as everyone has said, as well as the display. No need to go into detail about what everyone else said. My only gripe is that the touch screen is not really as responsive as I would like, but it still works fine. The display does cut the reflection and you can read out doors. That is not to say there is no glare, it's just not an unreadable LCD screen any longer.
As far as the ads go, I don't find them obtrusive.Read more ›
We wanted to answer your question about storage. HD content is much larger than SD content, which is why Kindle Fire HD starts at 16GB. On average, a 90 minute HD movie is 2GB and a 45 minute HD TV episode is 0.9GB. With your 16GB Kindle Fire HD, you can have up to 6 HD movies or 13 HD TV episodes. This number will vary depending on the other items you have stored or installed on your device.
We hope this information helps.
The Kindle Team
First, this product is absolutely incredible. I really went into it expecting to dislike it. I even tried to cancel my order, but I was too late and it was delivered. Thus, I opened the package expecting to have nothing but complaints compared to my iPad3 (or whatever its called).
- Image quality is stunning. Really really terrific
- Build quality is, I think, actually better than the iPad (which shocked me)- The reason is that I HATE holding aluminum in my hands for a long time. It doesn't breath and when I'm on a hot airplane, I really hate it.
- Form factor is FAR FAR better than the iPad. Keep in mind, I travel to China and back all the time, so I really want something that is very portable. The form factor is 100% perfect for traveling.
- Flawless integration with Amazon's ecosystem- This is really the reason I bought it (and size). I actually sit there and smile when I use this to get to movies, tv, and all my books and magazines. SMOKES the iPad.
- Usability it terrific. I just turn it on and it works.
Why only 4 stars?
- 5 stars to me means 100% perfect. This is not 100% perfect, but its pretty darn close
- No charger? Really? C'mon. It takes hours to charge via usb. I just sort of feel short changed a little. I just used my iPad's USB charging plug and it works great.
- I've had to restart it 2 times in 4 days. It seems to just sort of get confused when I'm really hammering on it. Restarts take about 30seconds so its no biggie.
- Amazon needs more apps, badly. Granted, all I want is books, video, web browsing, email, and calendar. It does all this perfectly. But more choices would be nice.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got this 2nd exact device because my first Kindle has lasted me over 4 years. I'm still using the 2nd Generation and not having problems! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jo D
Have not been using product for yet a month, however feel it will be much enjoyed. Have only tried free downloads thus far, but hope to make purchases in the future.Published 7 days ago by Nancy Marihart
Loved my first one...someone stole it...this one is the slowest worthless tablet everPublished 9 days ago by pbj427
I could not believe the awesome sound quality out of those speakers. I swear the sound was coming from behind me. Read morePublished 17 days ago by AnonyMouse