Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 2nd)
- Stunning 1280x800 HD display with rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Custom Dolby audio and dual driver stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- Ultra-fast dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming
- Over 27 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games
Top Customer Reviews
The device feels nice and solid. I'm a little surprised at how heavy it is, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The rubberized backing is always nice for added grip. It's not as nice as say unibody aluminum, but it's not $500 either.
The screen is fantastic. But my problem is the same as when iPad got Retina Display, other than the OS, most apps look rather pixelated. A lot of the games I tried are not high definition, at least not high enough to look smooth on this screen. Hopefully apps get updated to higher resolutions.
LOCK SCREEN ADS
Yeah there are ads on my lock screen. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. How much time do people really spend looking at the lock screen? The first thing I thought when I saw the ads is WOW the pictures are really crisp! The ads are there to subsidize some of the $200 price tag. I might pay the $15 to get rid of them so I can customize it, but I might not. I feel like this has been blown out of proportion by other customers.
The sound from the speakers is great. Much better than you would get from more expensive devices, very crisp and clean. I have the official Amazon case on and it has not affected the sound at all. Nothing much else to say, I doubt anyone will complain about this.
I've had two apps crash on opening. I don't know if it is the app or the OS. It's probably somewhere in the middle. Again, not a big deal for me.Read more ›
I already own an Ipad and did not feel the need to own a Fire, since I believe they duplicated the same purpose. I did however place an order for the Paperwhite, but after thinking about it, why not own a full functional device that is more than just an ereader.
I love the eInk displays and how light the regular Kindles are. One of my main gripes about tables are that they are heavier and you cant read the screen in bright daylight. I'm not really sure why the daylight is such a big deal for me, since I probably only read outside when I'm on vacation (2x a year).
Anyway, I cancelled the Paperwhite and ordered the Fire HD. I love it. It is portable, I never take my Ipad anywhere, just too big. I uploaded my entire music library from Itunes to Amazon Cloud, (so much for being locked down Apple!) and of course all of my books are on it. I regularly borrow books from my local library and was often frustrated that when I was away from home I could not search for books on my regular Kindle, becuase the experimental browser was just not functional enough.
The sound is amazing as everyone has said, as well as the display. No need to go into detail about what everyone else said. My only gripe is that the touch screen is not really as responsive as I would like, but it still works fine. The display does cut the reflection and you can read out doors. That is not to say there is no glare, it's just not an unreadable LCD screen any longer.
As far as the ads go, I don't find them obtrusive.Read more ›
We wanted to answer your question about storage. HD content is much larger than SD content, which is why Kindle Fire HD starts at 16GB. On average, a 90 minute HD movie is 2GB and a 45 minute HD TV episode is 0.9GB. With your 16GB Kindle Fire HD, you can have up to 6 HD movies or 13 HD TV episodes. This number will vary depending on the other items you have stored or installed on your device.
We hope this information helps.
The Kindle Team
So when the Kindle Fire HD was released, I decided I might as well give it a go as well. So far the Kindle HD looks to be twice the machine the original was. I am gonna keep this short and sweet and just create a pros and cons list for you guys. I dont want to be too long winded, but if you have questions you post in the comments, I will try to respond to them for a little while today.
1. Vibrant Screen
2. Much more responsive to the Touch than the original Kindle ever was.
3. Games that stuttered on the Original, play flawlessly on the HD.
4. The speakers are awesome, Loud, clear and crisp. No need for the Volume + app like on the original fire.
5. The device is slim, sleek and sexy. Really like the curves on the back and the styling.
6. Front facing camera works great for SKYPE. Quality was better than that on my SIII phone.
7. Wifi seems a bit faster, but not by much. Silk still isnt an optimal browser though. I have 65Mbps Download and 15Mbps Upload subscribed service.
8. Cloud sync worked like a charm, almost everything from my old fire is now on my new Fire HD.
9. The device feels sturdy and well built.
1. The "Customers Also Bought" on the bottom of the home screen is terrible. I can care less about what others bought. The advertisements on the Lock Screen are fine and understandable, they really dont bother me at all or with the function of the device.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
ok so im being honest here,I used to love my kindle and this is not my first kindle fire but my third. Read morePublished 2 days ago by e.tellefsen
CNET REVIEW USER REVIEWS SPECS SHOP
Amazon Kindle Fire - tablet - 8 GB - 7" Series
6 Related Models
Average User Rating... Read more
Bought for my 60 year old mother and she loves it. Needed a tablet that was affordable and smaller than an iPad, and also less complicated. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Sarah Morgan
I used my tablet a couple of times, just to read on the airplane. After that the battery did not work. I had the device charged for several hours and did not charge. Read morePublished 4 days ago by CAO
was a gift for my son and he has used it a lot with satisfactionPublished 4 days ago by Collette Ellsworth
Bought this for my mother for her birthday. She travels back and forth out of town, and I wanted her to have a simple device that she use on the go. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Regina Davis
no adobe flash player...went with ipad mini instead....will not work or play on youtube.Published 10 days ago by bloodraven43