Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 107 reviews
on November 29, 2010
The Vendor promptly refunded my money in full after I complained.

These caps did not fit any of the models of Klean Kanteen (KK) water bottles my daughter owns - In email Vendor indicates that these caps ONLY FIT "KK v1.0 bottles (old style). It might not fit other models."

When I asked that the vendor annotate his product's description so it reflected that the cap only fit a certain KK model of water bottle he replied that it was beyond his ability & that change would have to be made by Klean Kanteen. Further, Vendor agreed to contact KK regarding the incomplete "Description".

I will remove this comment when the product description for these caps has been changed to accurately describe what is being sold.
on August 14, 2010
Okay, I read all the reviews which seemed mixed about this cap. Although I think Klean Kanteen should make stainless caps a standard with their Kanteens, that's for a different review. I love this cap for the loop because I can slip my finger through it to carry, or put a carabiner through. I switched to the stainless loop for the same reasons I switched from plastic water bottles to the stainless Kanteen. Why switch to a stainless water bottle with a plastic cap? Nonetheless, I do not know why so many people are having the problems with the cap leaking or water being trapped in it. When it came, the instructions right on it said do not submerge in water. I hand wash it and do not put it in the dishwasher. If you hand wash, you will be very pleased. If you insist on putting it in the dishwasher, you will likely be disappointed.
on June 5, 2010
It works, hasn't leaked so far. It's larger than the plastic one that came with the bottle, but it overlaps the lip because of this. I noticed a lot of people complaining about water getting inside the cap, but on the back of the package it states

"Stainless Caps should not be submerged or washed in a dishwasher; water under pressure can squeeze inside"

Kinda of annoying that this cap seems fragile based on that warning, and the other reviews claiming the plastic eventually came off, but at least it was cheap. Although I may have been a bit more irritated if I didn't basically get this for free. (Added it to get super saver shipping, came out to the same price it would of been if I didn't buy it.)

EDIT: After using this for one day, the cap started leaking. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Changed rating to 1 star, doesn't exactly deserve anything if it can't do its job. ;)
on October 3, 2016
They are so much nicer than the caps that came with my original klean kanteens. The new caps have no openings for bacteria to grow.
on July 22, 2016
I am a long time fan of Klean Kanteen bottles. I particularly enjoy the "long neck" 40oz model. However, I do not like the sippy nipple top that comes with it because of potential exposure to unsanitary environments.

So when looking for a replacement for the original top I found the this great looking replacement that I thought would fit my needs nicely. The simple design and good function of this cap did just fine. Then after a few long hot summer days riding in my vehicle I noticed a change in water taste. With each refill the water quality deteriorated substantially. The water went from fresh, to stale, to a much more pronounced chemical taste in a matter of a week.

I tried cleaning the cap, soaking it, etc., nothing works. I am disappointed that out of all the buyers who left great reviews that I would be one of the few whose cap would present in this way.

As a result, I think I will return it and see if I have any luck with a better replacement for my replacement cap.

I'll let you know what happens.
on July 23, 2017
Fits on all Klean Kanteen bottles. Creates a tight seal such that I have never had a leak. I originally bought a Klean Kanteen with a nozzle on top, and that leaked every single time, so I would not recommend the "sport cap" one.
on January 31, 2017
Cap is great. Packing was very wasteful.
Cap also has an end to the inside. I've never seen this before on any of the caps I've owned. Maybe it's a new design I am unaware of. Or it's a counterfeit? Regardless, it works and was $2 less than buying directly from Klean Kanteen... You can see in the pictures the difference between the two.
review image review image review image
on August 17, 2010
I've had none of the problems that I've seen in other reviews. I like that my water is not in contact with plastic, and that the rim of the bottle from which I drink is kept covered by the cap! I've always hand-washed my caps, and so have never experienced any water inside them. I own a similar bottle from another company which instructs you not to put the caps in the dishwasher, or submerge them for a long period of time. Honestly, if something floats in a sink-full of water, and you continue to submerge it until it stays submerged on its own, then should you be surprised that water got inside? The stickers easily peeled off, and I removed the residual glue with a couple of drops of alcohol on a cotton boll. I've never had the cap leak, and it has not fallen apart, even after carrying it for miles.
on July 19, 2014
The stainless loop cap pictured shows half stainless half plastic cap, the one I received was all stainless. It works but it was not what I was expecting. Lost my old Klean Kanteen and had the stainless/plastic lid like the picture. I liked it and wanted a replacement for my new bottle. The all stainless is fine just the metal loop is harder to carry the bottle by finger. Again not a big deal. I just think the photo should match the product. Nothing in the description either that the cap is different than shown.
on September 16, 2012
this photo is not the same as cap that was sent.
the cap sent is the same cap that comes with your bottle.
I ordered this cap to cover the lip of the bottle and keep clean the part that you put your mouth on.
item sent does not have the protruding flange to cover lip of bottle as depicted in photo.
item sent also does not have the same 2 breaks in the threads.....don't waste your money/time. item returned. also thought i was buying from amazon instead of a third party seller. I hate getting fooled by third party sellers trying to masquerade as amazon and then substituting different items then pictured.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.