Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2017
So I purchased these brushes probably over a year ago. Shocking I know. They were good at first. They were soft and the application was good. However, after a few uses and cleaning cycles the brushes began to shed badly and detached. I tried to glue them together but it didn’t last long. So now the only brushes that remain is the concealer, eyebrow, and spooley brush.
review image
on March 17, 2017
This set lasted me years I love it. One star docked because I got a duplicate
on October 26, 2014
For the price, you get a decent selection of brushes. The large powder brush and angled contour-blush brush are total garbage, though. I trashed those two after a week. They shed badly, and weren't soft. They were also WAY less dense than I like my face brushes to be. The paddle style foundation brush is ok if you use that style brush for application, but I prefer a stippling brush or buffing brush, so I don't use the one in the set. So basically, the only brushes I do use are the eyeshadow/liner brushes, and those are quite good for the money. You get a smudger sponge tipped brush, a fluffy blender brush, a shadow application brush, dense stiff-bristle push liner brush, a spoolie, a comb/brush combo, a lipliner brush, a tiny brush that says it's a concealer brush but I use it for my brows, and a thin small liner brush.

If you are buying this for the eye product brushes, then it's a good buy. They don't shed, and do their respective jobs well. If you're looking for any face brushes, I'd recommend any of the real techniques brushes, or the eco-tools kabuki set. Both are affordable and much better quality than these.
on December 6, 2015
These brushes are great if you are just starting off, but they won't last you long. many of the brushes have names that don't really match their use. Also, they are not the softest brushes you can find. I especially didn't like the powder or blush brushes. If you plan on cleaning them (as you should) be careful to use mild soap and don't be surprised if they smell like wet dog for a little while, its just because the "hair" that they use is a poor quality and are easily damaged. Again if you are starting out and this is your first set you won't go wrong! Some of these brushes i continue to use everyday but others need to be replaced over time. The specific brushes i replaced are:
Powder brush
blush brush
Foundation brush
crease brush
on November 1, 2013
That saying "you get what you pay for!" well in this case its very true. I purchased these back in August 2013, I am not a makeup artist but I do apply make up every day so these brushes are used every day. I got them home and like others have said they did have a really bad smell to them and after washing it did intensify the smell but after a few uses the smell was gone. With that said overall I do like them and they do work and I would say get them if you need brushes and have to stick to a budget. The big face brush head has come apart from the handle and i've had to glue it back together, it doesn't hold its shape very well at all. after about two weeks of use it looks like a fan brush. Its not very soft and is a little scratch on your face. However the eye brushes are great. If anything I would avoid the face brushes (blush, foundation powder) and just get the eye brushes. I also wanted to mention that I do use the conceler brush as an eyeliner brush with my gel eyeliner and it works really well - the lip brushes I have used at eye brushes as well not for their intended purpose but I do like them and think they are worth the $1.00 they are asking for them. I really hope this has helped in deciding on this product. As a side note if you just want to buy a few of these brushes they do sell them at Christmas Tree Shops (CTS) for $1.00 and you avoid shipping charges and get only what you want. My favorite is the fluffy eye blending brush - I did pick up another at CTS the last time i was there.
on August 3, 2015
I not a make up expert and I only wear a natural look so this set was far more than I need. I only use the bronzer brush, eyebrow brush, eye definer, full face brush, and concealer. There isn't much shed but I suspect it I was to use it religiously it would leave little strands on my face.... I must say it blends my makeup well!!
on March 22, 2015
The brushes are very soft and they look amazing! I almost felt bad to have to dirty them up! They're very good when it comes to applying all of the products I use. Although I'm not really a fan of the foundation brush that comes with the set, the bristles are still very soft and those of you who prefer to use that shape of brush will like it. The only real problem was that my eye defining angled brush had bristles that seemed to be stuck together with a kind of glue that wouldn't come off, so I had to throw it out. But with how these brushes are inexpensive, I wont have any trouble replacing it.
on March 14, 2014
For the price, these brushes are excellent. They come individually packaged, which was a pleasant surprise. My brushes had no unpleasant odor, except for a slight smell of plastic in which theyre packaged. This wears off a minute or two after taking the brush out of its sleeve. No hairs fell out of any of the brushes. I recommend purchasing the E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner. It works great on the brushes to remove any makeup residue. I would recommend these brushes to any person on a budget looking for great makeup brushes at a reasonable cost!
on August 12, 2013
I bought this set because I'm trying out different brushes and what work really best for me. They are pretty good brushes. The face brush isn't really soft and like an "aww" feeling against your face its more like a pokey "ouch" kinda thing. Thats the only thing I really don't like. The bronzer brush isn't really sturdy its really soft/flimsy and not of fan of that so thats why I gave it 4 stars. But for the price and for all the brushes you get it really isn't that bad.
on February 29, 2016
There's are OK. Some brushes seem worth 5 stars, and others are shedding from my first use.

Despite the shedding, they work nicely, minus the lip brush. It is really long and thick, I'm scared to use it as it clearly offers little control.

For such a low price, it's really worth it if you're not willing to spend more. I've had better luck with other e.l.f. brushes, and they were a lot nicer.

All that being said, I'm glad I bought this set! It offers a cheap way to get the looks you want! I say, go for it if you're on a budget. Look else where if you're not.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.