Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,010 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,122 reviews
on February 1, 2013
I read so many reviews about these, and finally decided on them rather than ecotools like I was using before. The only reason I chose these instead is because some people said that they liked these better than ecotools. Well, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Let me say that some of these brushes are fine. The foundation brush worked well, as did the concealer brush (the larger one). I like the eyebrow tool. The face brushes are TERRIBLE. I have super temperamental and sensitive skin, and the face brushes were so scratchy on my skin that it was terrible and I'm not going to be using face makeup until my other brushes come.

The eyeliner brush is a joke. Not only were my bristles bent and curved when they came, they are so long that it just flings my gel eyeliner around, which I've never had happen before. I ended up using the small concealer brush for my eyeliner, which worked but not well.

The 3 eyeshadow brushes are fine, but they don't really pick up the makeup well, and they are also pretty scratchy on my eyelids.

I'll never buy these again.
on March 17, 2017
This set lasted me years I love it. One star docked because I got a duplicate
on October 26, 2014
For the price, you get a decent selection of brushes. The large powder brush and angled contour-blush brush are total garbage, though. I trashed those two after a week. They shed badly, and weren't soft. They were also WAY less dense than I like my face brushes to be. The paddle style foundation brush is ok if you use that style brush for application, but I prefer a stippling brush or buffing brush, so I don't use the one in the set. So basically, the only brushes I do use are the eyeshadow/liner brushes, and those are quite good for the money. You get a smudger sponge tipped brush, a fluffy blender brush, a shadow application brush, dense stiff-bristle push liner brush, a spoolie, a comb/brush combo, a lipliner brush, a tiny brush that says it's a concealer brush but I use it for my brows, and a thin small liner brush.

If you are buying this for the eye product brushes, then it's a good buy. They don't shed, and do their respective jobs well. If you're looking for any face brushes, I'd recommend any of the real techniques brushes, or the eco-tools kabuki set. Both are affordable and much better quality than these.
on December 6, 2015
These brushes are great if you are just starting off, but they won't last you long. many of the brushes have names that don't really match their use. Also, they are not the softest brushes you can find. I especially didn't like the powder or blush brushes. If you plan on cleaning them (as you should) be careful to use mild soap and don't be surprised if they smell like wet dog for a little while, its just because the "hair" that they use is a poor quality and are easily damaged. Again if you are starting out and this is your first set you won't go wrong! Some of these brushes i continue to use everyday but others need to be replaced over time. The specific brushes i replaced are:
Powder brush
blush brush
Foundation brush
crease brush
on March 21, 2016
By no means am I a professional makeup artist, so I was looking for something affordable and with relatively good quality. After seeing the reviews, I decided to go with this set of brushes.
Each brush comes in a different plastic package, with each package labeled with its function. This makes it easier for traveling, so I actually like this. The quality is alright. It's not great, but it's not too bad. I noticed it has trouble picking up the powder sometimes and has some trouble keeping the powder on the bristles while applying to the eyes. Other than this, there isn't anything else bad about these. However, I would think the not being able to hold powder would be a big issue. :/
on March 28, 2016
I bought this set sometime ago and up until now i still use the same brush along with my other ones. For such an affordable price, this set is definitely a bargain. First off, they come in their separate plastic cases which i thought was convenient because I don't use all and the casings keep them dust-free. Secondly, the brushes are labelled which is quite helpful, as i was just starting to understand how the brushes and what they are used for. Thirdly, the design is just nice and doesn't look cheap at all and they are definitely a good quality set of brushes. Lastly and again the price is ridiculously affordable. Therefore, it definitely deserves five stars.
on November 1, 2013
That saying "you get what you pay for!" well in this case its very true. I purchased these back in August 2013, I am not a makeup artist but I do apply make up every day so these brushes are used every day. I got them home and like others have said they did have a really bad smell to them and after washing it did intensify the smell but after a few uses the smell was gone. With that said overall I do like them and they do work and I would say get them if you need brushes and have to stick to a budget. The big face brush head has come apart from the handle and i've had to glue it back together, it doesn't hold its shape very well at all. after about two weeks of use it looks like a fan brush. Its not very soft and is a little scratch on your face. However the eye brushes are great. If anything I would avoid the face brushes (blush, foundation powder) and just get the eye brushes. I also wanted to mention that I do use the conceler brush as an eyeliner brush with my gel eyeliner and it works really well - the lip brushes I have used at eye brushes as well not for their intended purpose but I do like them and think they are worth the $1.00 they are asking for them. I really hope this has helped in deciding on this product. As a side note if you just want to buy a few of these brushes they do sell them at Christmas Tree Shops (CTS) for $1.00 and you avoid shipping charges and get only what you want. My favorite is the fluffy eye blending brush - I did pick up another at CTS the last time i was there.
on August 3, 2015
I not a make up expert and I only wear a natural look so this set was far more than I need. I only use the bronzer brush, eyebrow brush, eye definer, full face brush, and concealer. There isn't much shed but I suspect it I was to use it religiously it would leave little strands on my face.... I must say it blends my makeup well!!
on March 22, 2015
The brushes are very soft and they look amazing! I almost felt bad to have to dirty them up! They're very good when it comes to applying all of the products I use. Although I'm not really a fan of the foundation brush that comes with the set, the bristles are still very soft and those of you who prefer to use that shape of brush will like it. The only real problem was that my eye defining angled brush had bristles that seemed to be stuck together with a kind of glue that wouldn't come off, so I had to throw it out. But with how these brushes are inexpensive, I wont have any trouble replacing it.
on March 14, 2014
For the price, these brushes are excellent. They come individually packaged, which was a pleasant surprise. My brushes had no unpleasant odor, except for a slight smell of plastic in which theyre packaged. This wears off a minute or two after taking the brush out of its sleeve. No hairs fell out of any of the brushes. I recommend purchasing the E.L.F. Daily Brush Cleaner. It works great on the brushes to remove any makeup residue. I would recommend these brushes to any person on a budget looking for great makeup brushes at a reasonable cost!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.