Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 263 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 320 reviews
on April 5, 2014
I love all the colors. They aren't super pigmented, but that is fixed by first putting on NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk, or another with base. When it arrived one eyeshadow spot was missing, it had broke during shipping and crushed and was all over the place. It was super apparent how it happened since there was no padding or bubble wrap in the packaging. I went to look about returning it. Notice I got lucky, most people have lots of broken shadow spots. Didn't return because they wouldn't replace, only refund me and I only paid like 9 bucks for it, so it wasn't worth returning and paying for shipping over one missing shade. But I wont be ordering any type of shadow from Amazon, since they down package it carefully.
on September 12, 2014
I love the range of colors and the quality of the pigments! However, shipping made chunks of certain colors fall out of their palette and crumble all over the rest of the colors. I had to use compressed air to blow all the dust and crumbs off.

Other than that, I recommend this to anyone - just beware of shippping.
on April 8, 2013
my wife was very excited with this eyeshadow palette until she realized that some colores were completely destroyed, I guess this was caused during packing or transport, but amazon or courier should take more care on packing this kind of items properly to avoid these inconveniences. Now my wife's palette has four colors missing due to this.
on March 10, 2012
I am very disappointed in this project. It arrived completely dirty and dusty from all the broken up makeup palettes. At least four colors are completely missing, and two are mostly missing. I am very disappointed. This might be a good item to buy in a store; but it does not survive shipping.
on March 9, 2014
I usually love ELF products for their cheap prices and quality products, but I am not impressed with this one. The shadows are very sheer, and some are very glittery to the point of looking like a craft store got dumped on my eyes. The powder does not stay, and smudges onto fingers and around the eyes. Very disappointed.
on December 20, 2014
Useless when it comes shattered and crumbled.
review image review image review image
on March 11, 2013
I bought this from someone and when I received it the palette was broken, amazon quickly rectified the situation and sent out another and I got it just in time for valentines day. The recipient really enjoys this product and wears it everyday. She said she enjoys the fact that she can experiment with different colors because it has loads of colors. What sold me on purchasing this was the amount of 100 eye shadows for right at ten dollars. A great buy.
on June 9, 2014
well i bought this.
to replace the shany cosmetics 7 layer kit.
really didn't like that brand xP lol.
gave this four stars.
cause i didn't really try it yet.
but their brushes amazed me.
and people on youtube give e.l.f. great reviews.
and when I got this in the mail.
nothing was broken.
not one square ;3 hehe.
I liked the mirror on the inside ;].
the included smudgey brushes not so much.
nice touch though.
i did do a swatch on my finger.
and them pinks glow like the sun lol.
on March 6, 2012
Alright, well I gave this item 5 stars, though I did find one minor discrepancy: My friend bought the E.L.F. palette from Target during a promotional sale they held, and I loved it so much that I simply had to buy it. Now, I didn't have my friend's palette in front of me while I was ordering this palette, but I thought that some of the colors were a bit off from hers. I really wanted her exact palette, but I couldn't be positive that any of the colors were actually different, so I ordered this palette anyway. Turns out, a few of the colors actually are a bit different from the other palette; maybe just a shade or 2 darker. I didn't see the other palette on line though, but her palette had more matte colors than this palette.

So, if you've seen an E.L.F. palette from a Target dealer, this isn't the exact same palette, but it's comparably close. Just as good, same basic colors, just a few a shade or two darker. No biggie (hence 5 stars).

This palette is a mix of matte and shimmer colors, but when I say 'shimmer' I mean shimmer not sparkle. In light, you can see the reflective speckles, but after application, the powder comes off looking more satin like than shimmery, so if you're a fan of pearl/satin textured shadows, this one's for you. A plus is that the same palette also has matte colors, so there's something for every one!

Colors are perfectly pigmented for my skin tone. I have light to medium (touch of Olive to tan depending on whether or not I'm tan or if it's summer), and these colors are perfect for those tones. They aren't a vibrant as they seem in the picture, but still pigmented enough that you get the color you're applying.

The outer 2 rows and the upper wells of the middle 4 rows are great for highlight colors, or even if you're just looking for light coverage, while the bottom of the palette is good for the details, more accented looks.

The shadow wells are good sized, especially compared to some of the other brands of palettes.

Primer is a must, though most makeup fiends probably don't dare apply shadow without some sort of primer anyway. Because these colors aren't as highly pigmented as say, MAC, they don't last as long without primer and apply lighter, but this IS a $10 palette, so don't expect MAC quality (though I do love this palette, more than the ultra vibrant MAC/BH palettes, but I'm more of a subtle-color girl).

If you're new to palettes or eyeshadow, I'd highly recommend this palette. It boasts a wide range of colors and hues, so you can play around with the various colors to see what works for you and what doesn't before you move on to a more expensive palette.

I own 12 palettes, now including this one, from a variety of brands (some of them high-end like MAC, Tarte, Too Faced and BH), and I very much like this palette. It's actually the one I go straight for on a daily basis, for my work look, and it's much more attractive looking in person.

Hope that helps if you're on the fence for whatever reason!
on June 19, 2014
Came to me dusty and damaged. Makeup got all over my hands when I took it out of its package and at least 6 shadows were empty. They sent me a new one and in this one only 2 were empty...just don't do it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.