Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on May 26, 2016
Okay. I had left a review before, but now I'm editing it, because I just made a discovery.
When I first started using this product, I loved it! It's smooth and works great (I think -- it's kind of difficult to tell whether it makes a difference or not). And then I ran out... about 2 weeks after receiving it. Yeah, I was pretty confused. The packaging seems to be a relatively large container, especially for primer, so I was super excited to get this for such a good price. Usually, when I run out of a product, I just take off the lid and pretty much scavenge for every last bit of what remains, because I like to get my money's worth and hate to waste any. So naturally, I unscrewed the top of the primer cap... only to discover that a completely unexpected container popped right out! A green one! A PLASTIC, HOLLOW, GREEN TUBE is placed inside the outer container to make it APPEAR that there's a lot of product in here. That's not at all the case.
After removing that, I noticed the nozzle still was attached, so I went to remove that. Surprise #2! The ACTUAL container of primer is about as large as an average fingernail. It's directly underneath the nozzle, inside the 2 other deceiving containers. (-:
Basically, you're paying roughly $5 for enough primer to sit on a couple of fingertips. For that money, along with maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks, you could get at least 5 times as much. I attached pictures as proof. I absolutely adore E.L.F, so this was easily the most disappointing makeup product i have ever purchased from them or from anybody else. I'm definitely going to be more careful about this brand in the future.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
1111 comments| 641 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review imagereview image
1111 comments| 842 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 21, 2011
Okay so... I am a makeup lover. E.L.F. was having a sale, like they always are so I purchased a few things including their Flawless Finish Foundation and the studio mineral infused face primer. The website claims to do the things that makeup primers are supposed to do i.e. provide a smooth canvas for easy makeup application, diminish the appearance of pores etc. I bought it to make my pores look smaller ( I've been having a problem with that lately). It doesn't make the pores look smaller, but it does provide a smooth canvas for you to work with. The product is basically made out of a silicone blend. It hasn't caused me to break out, and it is moisturizing. The only problem is the fact that it doesn't minimize pores, like it claims to. So if you are virtually poreless, this is for you.

P.S. if you choose to purchase this product buy it from the e.l.f. website, they basically rape your wallet here on amazon. e.l.f. is affordable but here you have to pay crazy shipping and they overprice the products and e.l.f. is always having promos so most likely, you won't be paying full price.
1414 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 24, 2016
I purchased e.l.f Studio mineral infused face primer to go under my bare essentials mineral powder foundation. I would not recommend this as it caused me to break out very badly!

Just to give you a bit of a background. I had very bad skin back in college. I constantly broke out and my skin would scar easily. Around my 20’s I discovered by perfect skin care routine and I break out with maybe one SMALL pimple a month now. My acne scarring is so much better and I am way closer to that glowy perfect skin I’ve always wanted.

I recently wanted to add a good primer after reading up on the benefits especially since I have pretty oily skin. I bought that and started using it and bear in mind I did not change anything else from my general skin care routine. At first I thought this product was great! It came out as a nice light cream that spread easily on my face. It definitely helped control my oil and made my skin look much better throughout the day. My skin looked much more matte and I didn’t get that oily forehead and t-line. About 2 weeks later though, I started breaking out really bad. I started getting cystic acne way under my skin. It took forever to come to a head and look better. I had 2 pimples that took almost a month to go away. Even now, about 2 months later, I still have 2 pretty deep scars from the acne that I’m working on getting rid of still.

Unfortunately, I can’t recommend this product. While my makeup did look so much better using this primer, it caused me to break out everywhere. If you don’t have sensitive skin maybe give this a shot, but if you have sensitive skin, do not use this!
33 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
55 comments| 407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
66 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 6, 2017
 I think the product is okay, but I think the packaging is very misleading. Yes, the ounces are listed but if you are searching through multiple products it is easy to miss. Besides, who would want to buy something that lasts only a few uses? Taking the bottle apart you can see that it is designed to look bigger than it is. The silver part of the dispenser is literally just silver rings to add height. The actual amount of product would fit in one heavy glob on my fingertip. So, even though the product itself is pretty nice, I paid way too much for this.
review image
on February 15, 2018
I have a very red face and this helps to reduce that down some. It doesn't smell and it does not get rid of all of the bright red. It feels nice to put on and leaves my skin feeling so soft. Only downside is the size of the tube and I wish it toned the red down a little more
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 30, 2018
I hope people don't really believe you're getting a pound of this! It's a wonderful product that does have alot in it for $5, what do you expect? I love it and elf does have to market$ I have 2 different colors and they blend away the dark spots and holds my make up on great! Elf is great!
review image
on February 3, 2018
Besides the misleading packaging, the label.name is also misleading. NOTHING appears on the label about how much product you are getting. NO oz. measurement. Hmmmm. The only good thing about the small quantity is that you can try it for small money,

It says "Tone Adjusting" on the front of the bottle. On the bottom it says, "Neutralizing Green."
It's not so green. It's just an odd color, and it may reduce the appearance of redness, but it is not doing it for me.

For me Elf's smidgen of "Tone Adjusting" whatever or "Neutralizing Green" in this product is a non-starter because it is some strange combo of not enough green and too much of something else that seems darker; you just have to start over with another product.

Another reviewer said that she used the Elf for a general primer and used a green on certain areas of her face, so that might work for you.
Smashbox is a good product. It is really green, but it is very subtle. Nonetheless, it will work. My favorite is L'Oreal. It is green, and it does go on and do the job. Use you "weak" fingers to apply by patting in the product. Do not "spread" it around or "rub it in," as you may do with other products. I have not noted any sensitivity to Elf, though I have super-sensitive skin.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.