Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review image review image
1111 comments| 795 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2016
Okay. I had left a review before, but now I'm editing it, because I just made a discovery.
When I first started using this product, I loved it! It's smooth and works great (I think -- it's kind of difficult to tell whether it makes a difference or not). And then I ran out... about 2 weeks after receiving it. Yeah, I was pretty confused. The packaging seems to be a relatively large container, especially for primer, so I was super excited to get this for such a good price. Usually, when I run out of a product, I just take off the lid and pretty much scavenge for every last bit of what remains, because I like to get my money's worth and hate to waste any. So naturally, I unscrewed the top of the primer cap... only to discover that a completely unexpected container popped right out! A green one! A PLASTIC, HOLLOW, GREEN TUBE is placed inside the outer container to make it APPEAR that there's a lot of product in here. That's not at all the case.
After removing that, I noticed the nozzle still was attached, so I went to remove that. Surprise #2! The ACTUAL container of primer is about as large as an average fingernail. It's directly underneath the nozzle, inside the 2 other deceiving containers. (-:
Basically, you're paying roughly $5 for enough primer to sit on a couple of fingertips. For that money, along with maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks, you could get at least 5 times as much. I attached pictures as proof. I absolutely adore E.L.F, so this was easily the most disappointing makeup product i have ever purchased from them or from anybody else. I'm definitely going to be more careful about this brand in the future.
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments| 495 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
55 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 1, 2016
The product goes on smoothly and makes your skin feel silky before the application of foundation. I did not find that it was great at covering up pores. However, the worst part is the small amount of product and the fact that a lot is wasted in the thimble size container. See photos. Only the very top portion holds product. The rest is for show. The pump can not retrieve the product around the sides of the bottom of the thimble size container. So your small amount of product is even smaller. You can't get it out, either unless you want to dissemble the container and use a Q-tip each time. Why waste all this space in your makeup area for just a few weeks worth of product? I will not repurchase. And a further insult is that all that wasted packaging is not recyclable.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
66 comments| 275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2017
I've been using this product for just a few days. So far it makes my skin feel nice and soft and decreases my underlying red tones just a little bit. I am not sure why other customers are upset to find the amount of product is so little....that's why the ounces are included in the product description.
on February 6, 2017
I really love the E.L.F. brand Mineral Face Primer. I had been using Bare Minerals brand, which is about $25 a bottle. I was going through Primer so quickly, I decided to give this brand a try. It went on very smoothly and covered my face well. I only needed a pea sized piece to cover my entire face. I have very sensitive skin and was worried that my skin wouldn't like this, but so far I have not had any irritation.

The only complaint I have about this is the deceptive packaging. You are only getting 0.48 fluid oz. The packaging makes it look like you will be getting a lot more. I still think it is a good buy though. I was getting about the same amount in the Bare Minerals bottle, but E.L.F is only a fraction of the cost.
on October 13, 2017
I heard this was a NYX HD Studio Primer dupe, but it is not. I do not like the NXY primer at all, and this one worked much better. It does a nice job with large pores, in my opinion. Does it counteract redness? No. But it gives a natural look, keeps makeup lasting, and is a steal of a deal.
on October 22, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this product! I have combination skin and have been using a primer from a department store that cost me three times the money that this primer costs, so besides feeling fabulous, I am saving money. I also have sensitive skin and this primer does not irritate it. Some products that I have used in the past have a strong fragrance, this primer does not, which I like. It also did not cause me to break out.
While some reviews take issue with the amount of the primer in the container, a little really does go a long way—a small amount spreads on very smooth and evenly, so I think this bottle will last me for a while. This primer also helps to keep my make up looking fresh throughout my long day and it still keeps my make up looking more natural, it does not seem like it is caked on like some primers have done in the past.
This product definitely does not disappoint and I will definitely buy it again!
on July 7, 2015
Well.. I'm disappointed that I can't say I love this. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer and hoped this would be it. While there isn't a whole lot of product in the bottle, it does go a long way. I've been using it for over a month now and I still have plenty left. This doesn't hydrate my skin the least bit. It has this silky "silicone" feel to it, which I absolutely detest. I feel like my skin is suffocating when I put this stuff on. Almost like I'm rubbing butter on my face that dries to a powdery finish. Yuck. It works okay as a primer for the price, but I prefer something lighter and more moisturizing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.