Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,037 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,341 reviews
on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review image review image
1111 comments| 756 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2016
Okay. I had left a review before, but now I'm editing it, because I just made a discovery.
When I first started using this product, I loved it! It's smooth and works great (I think -- it's kind of difficult to tell whether it makes a difference or not). And then I ran out... about 2 weeks after receiving it. Yeah, I was pretty confused. The packaging seems to be a relatively large container, especially for primer, so I was super excited to get this for such a good price. Usually, when I run out of a product, I just take off the lid and pretty much scavenge for every last bit of what remains, because I like to get my money's worth and hate to waste any. So naturally, I unscrewed the top of the primer cap... only to discover that a completely unexpected container popped right out! A green one! A PLASTIC, HOLLOW, GREEN TUBE is placed inside the outer container to make it APPEAR that there's a lot of product in here. That's not at all the case.
After removing that, I noticed the nozzle still was attached, so I went to remove that. Surprise #2! The ACTUAL container of primer is about as large as an average fingernail. It's directly underneath the nozzle, inside the 2 other deceiving containers. (-:
Basically, you're paying roughly $5 for enough primer to sit on a couple of fingertips. For that money, along with maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks, you could get at least 5 times as much. I attached pictures as proof. I absolutely adore E.L.F, so this was easily the most disappointing makeup product i have ever purchased from them or from anybody else. I'm definitely going to be more careful about this brand in the future.
review image review image review image review image
77 comments| 405 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
66 comments| 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2016
The product goes on smoothly and makes your skin feel silky before the application of foundation. I did not find that it was great at covering up pores. However, the worst part is the small amount of product and the fact that a lot is wasted in the thimble size container. See photos. Only the very top portion holds product. The rest is for show. The pump can not retrieve the product around the sides of the bottom of the thimble size container. So your small amount of product is even smaller. You can't get it out, either unless you want to dissemble the container and use a Q-tip each time. Why waste all this space in your makeup area for just a few weeks worth of product? I will not repurchase. And a further insult is that all that wasted packaging is not recyclable.
review image review image review image review image
on January 25, 2017
I love ELF and this primer is fantastic. I have a couple primers from them and use them accordingly depending on my skin on any given day. I like the mineral one when my skin is a bit dry and it really helps my skin from being so parched and dry looking especially when applying foundation. The last thing you want is your foundation sticking to dry patches of skin. It leaves a nice canvas for your foundation. I have tried this mineral, the hydrating, poreless and the blemish fighting primers. They all work wonderfully. ELF does not receive enough love from the beauty community, they are a great company, cruelty free, great pricing and their products 9 times out of 10 are fantastic. If you have hesitated trying them don't, you're missing out on some great products.
on September 26, 2016
I was so excited about this primer, so so excited! But my goodness, it just didn't work AT ALL with my skin. This is coming from a woman with pretty easy going skin. I had been using Wet-N-Wild primer but felt the need to change...who knows why, maybe because I feel like wet-n-wild is for teenagers not adults? Lame assumption because THAT stuff works. This, ELF primer, not so much. My skin was super oily by mid day. It feels like silk, yes, but I gave it away (missed the return period which was RIDICULOUSLY short for Amazon...?) to a friend. Wouldn't recommend, won't by again. Will stick with my cheap Wet-n-Wild which works like a dream.
on December 8, 2016
This is the second product I've tried in my search for a color correcting primer. I have some redness on my nose and cheeks that I want to tone down. This primer goes on silky smooth and helped a lot with the redness correction. I followed it up with my MAC Studio Fix powder and it does its job as a primer well by just making everything look better. However I started breaking out badly after a week or so of daily use. Since this was the only thing I had changed in my makeup and skincare routine, I stopped using it and my face cleared up. I'm sad it didn't work out for me because it did exactly what I needed and at a great price. I have oily, blemish prone skin, so it may be a better fit for a different skin type.
on December 22, 2015
This is my go to primer! Like many, I was introduced to primers when SmashBox released theirs. I've tried many. Sally Hansen used to carry a really nice green primer (the green color corrects for red) but stopped carrying it. Discovered this one and haven't looked back. I still get my primer samples from Sephora when I order kits and what not. But I keep coming back to this one. While some other primers do seem to leave a smoother finish - they also feel very heavy. This one feels light on the skin, color corrects the redness (I have olive skin tone so when I'm red and splotchy, it's super noticeable), and definitely minimizes my pores and leaves a smooth finish.
on May 31, 2016
I have this on my monthly order rotation. I have rosacea and it helps tone down the red as well as protect my skin so when i apply my foundation it's not as irritated and dried out. I love E.L.F. products and frequently recommend them to people. If you have issues with red splotchy skin and dryness related issues, you NEED to try this. At the price they offer it's well worth it.
You don't have to use a lot either. I apply before putting on my makeup. Usually waiting about 5-10 minutes before putting base or foundation on. I've also noticed that by using this my makeup tends to go on smoother and last longer. Working 10-12 hours days, that helps out a lot!
on March 14, 2017
I really like this primer. However, I've noticed that it does need some time to "set" without feeling greasy. If I try to apply my foundation directly after my brush strokes show and it takes more time to blend. If I apply it and let it sit for a couple minutes then I'm good to go. For the price it's worth the small adjustment- it really does work well, my makeup lasts all day.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.