Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review imagereview image
784 helpful votes
785 helpful votes
1111 comments|Report abuse
on May 26, 2016
Okay. I had left a review before, but now I'm editing it, because I just made a discovery.
When I first started using this product, I loved it! It's smooth and works great (I think -- it's kind of difficult to tell whether it makes a difference or not). And then I ran out... about 2 weeks after receiving it. Yeah, I was pretty confused. The packaging seems to be a relatively large container, especially for primer, so I was super excited to get this for such a good price. Usually, when I run out of a product, I just take off the lid and pretty much scavenge for every last bit of what remains, because I like to get my money's worth and hate to waste any. So naturally, I unscrewed the top of the primer cap... only to discover that a completely unexpected container popped right out! A green one! A PLASTIC, HOLLOW, GREEN TUBE is placed inside the outer container to make it APPEAR that there's a lot of product in here. That's not at all the case.
After removing that, I noticed the nozzle still was attached, so I went to remove that. Surprise #2! The ACTUAL container of primer is about as large as an average fingernail. It's directly underneath the nozzle, inside the 2 other deceiving containers. (-:
Basically, you're paying roughly $5 for enough primer to sit on a couple of fingertips. For that money, along with maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks, you could get at least 5 times as much. I attached pictures as proof. I absolutely adore E.L.F, so this was easily the most disappointing makeup product i have ever purchased from them or from anybody else. I'm definitely going to be more careful about this brand in the future.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
472 helpful votes
473 helpful votes
1010 comments|Report abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
392 helpful votes
393 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on November 1, 2016
The product goes on smoothly and makes your skin feel silky before the application of foundation. I did not find that it was great at covering up pores. However, the worst part is the small amount of product and the fact that a lot is wasted in the thimble size container. See photos. Only the very top portion holds product. The rest is for show. The pump can not retrieve the product around the sides of the bottom of the thimble size container. So your small amount of product is even smaller. You can't get it out, either unless you want to dissemble the container and use a Q-tip each time. Why waste all this space in your makeup area for just a few weeks worth of product? I will not repurchase. And a further insult is that all that wasted packaging is not recyclable.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
65 helpful votes
66 helpful votes
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
269 helpful votes
270 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on December 16, 2014
I'm in my 40s and I didn't always use primer. I have dry skin but nice skin . I've tried some primers and they either dry me out or don't really do anything but cost me $$. This went on nice and made my skin feel better. I liked the way my makeup went on. I don't always wear a lot of makeup but even on my minimal makeup days, I use this because I like how it works. I will buy it again and I've recommended it to my friends.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Petson February 22, 2017
Great for the price!

The green really does help if you suffer from a slight red undertone!

This goes on with a smooth velvety feel that does smooth out your pores!

I am not a huge make up user but have started using this under my daily BB cream and have found it really does help it make it last all work day
on September 3, 2017
I applied this product as a base before foundation. I do have a slight red tone to my chin that sometimes shows slightly through even when using foundation. I thought this would help cover up that slight bit that shows thru but I didn't notice any difference than before. I'll just stick to foundation and that does a decent enough job for me.
on February 6, 2017
I really love the E.L.F. brand Mineral Face Primer. I had been using Bare Minerals brand, which is about $25 a bottle. I was going through Primer so quickly, I decided to give this brand a try. It went on very smoothly and covered my face well. I only needed a pea sized piece to cover my entire face. I have very sensitive skin and was worried that my skin wouldn't like this, but so far I have not had any irritation.

The only complaint I have about this is the deceptive packaging. You are only getting 0.48 fluid oz. The packaging makes it look like you will be getting a lot more. I still think it is a good buy though. I was getting about the same amount in the Bare Minerals bottle, but E.L.F is only a fraction of the cost.
on December 17, 2016
This silicone feeling primer smooths my skin for makeup preparation as adequately as high end silicone based primers I've used. For instance Smashbox primers don't seem superior. I gave it four stars because I believe Benefit's POREfessional fills and disquises any large pores better.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.