BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 5, 2014
I do love this product, it is smooth silky and light and works well.

BUT!!!! Make sure you know how much you're buying as the size of the container compared to how much is actually inside is very misleading. The clearish outer part comes off and inside is another white cylinder. That cylinder is mostly empty, and there is barely anything in there, I don't know why they even bothered honestly. I have uploaded an image to show this. I would rather pay a little bit more to have the container actually filled up.
review image review image
1111 comments| 770 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2016
Okay. I had left a review before, but now I'm editing it, because I just made a discovery.
When I first started using this product, I loved it! It's smooth and works great (I think -- it's kind of difficult to tell whether it makes a difference or not). And then I ran out... about 2 weeks after receiving it. Yeah, I was pretty confused. The packaging seems to be a relatively large container, especially for primer, so I was super excited to get this for such a good price. Usually, when I run out of a product, I just take off the lid and pretty much scavenge for every last bit of what remains, because I like to get my money's worth and hate to waste any. So naturally, I unscrewed the top of the primer cap... only to discover that a completely unexpected container popped right out! A green one! A PLASTIC, HOLLOW, GREEN TUBE is placed inside the outer container to make it APPEAR that there's a lot of product in here. That's not at all the case.
After removing that, I noticed the nozzle still was attached, so I went to remove that. Surprise #2! The ACTUAL container of primer is about as large as an average fingernail. It's directly underneath the nozzle, inside the 2 other deceiving containers. (-:
Basically, you're paying roughly $5 for enough primer to sit on a couple of fingertips. For that money, along with maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks, you could get at least 5 times as much. I attached pictures as proof. I absolutely adore E.L.F, so this was easily the most disappointing makeup product i have ever purchased from them or from anybody else. I'm definitely going to be more careful about this brand in the future.
review image review image review image review image
1010 comments| 451 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2013
e.l.f. offers quite a few good products and this is one of them. Countless makeup reviewers, makeup artists, and regular people who make makeup tutorials on YouTube swear by this primer even when most of their other cosmetics are high end.

I really enjoyed this primer. I'm still learning how to correctly apply it so I don't use more than necessary. But it goes on very smooth. It slides across your fingers and face like the most slippery lubricant you can imagine. At the same time, the texture of it is SOOO soft and silky. It actually feels great just rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. It's a pleasant experience!

The only problem I have with this product, and why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that there is so little -actual- product in this pump. It looks, by its size, like there is a lot more product inside it. When I started running out, exceptionally soon, I unscrewed the housing and took the pump out and looked inside. The actual well that holds the product is TINY! I mean very tiny. And there's still a bit of product on the sides of the well which can't be drawn up into the pump for some reason. I'm having to take it apart and scoop out what I need with a toothpick.

Speaking of toothpicks, I just had an idea. I took the bottle apart so that I could get an -approximate- measurement for the inside of that little well. When I put the toothpick in, and it hit the bottom, MOST of the toothpick was still above the rim. Probably 2/3rds of it. I marked the toothpick and measured it. The well, from the bottom to the top of the mouth of it where the other bits screw onto it, it's exactly 1 inch. 1 inch deep. The diameter is less than 2 cm wide which is a little less than 3/4 of an inch. So, yeah, teensy!

If this was one of e.l.f.'s $1 - $3 products, I'd have absolutely no problem with that. But for $6, you should get a little more product. At least that's MY opinion.

So, in summary, it's a great product and will probably work for most skin types and blend well with most foundations (though I'm not sure if it would work well under powder foundation). However, the small amount of product you get might not be work the $6 price tag depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. Hope this helps. =)
55 comments| 392 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2016
The product goes on smoothly and makes your skin feel silky before the application of foundation. I did not find that it was great at covering up pores. However, the worst part is the small amount of product and the fact that a lot is wasted in the thimble size container. See photos. Only the very top portion holds product. The rest is for show. The pump can not retrieve the product around the sides of the bottom of the thimble size container. So your small amount of product is even smaller. You can't get it out, either unless you want to dissemble the container and use a Q-tip each time. Why waste all this space in your makeup area for just a few weeks worth of product? I will not repurchase. And a further insult is that all that wasted packaging is not recyclable.
review image review image review image review image
on January 4, 2014
Well, I'm a dude, but I got my wife this and she said "Ohh myy gooddd, it's like putting silk on my face!" so I guess it's like putting silk on your face, which can't really be a bad thing, right?
66 comments| 269 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
This is my go to primer! Like many, I was introduced to primers when SmashBox released theirs. I've tried many. Sally Hansen used to carry a really nice green primer (the green color corrects for red) but stopped carrying it. Discovered this one and haven't looked back. I still get my primer samples from Sephora when I order kits and what not. But I keep coming back to this one. While some other primers do seem to leave a smoother finish - they also feel very heavy. This one feels light on the skin, color corrects the redness (I have olive skin tone so when I'm red and splotchy, it's super noticeable), and definitely minimizes my pores and leaves a smooth finish.
on March 14, 2017
I really like this primer. However, I've noticed that it does need some time to "set" without feeling greasy. If I try to apply my foundation directly after my brush strokes show and it takes more time to blend. If I apply it and let it sit for a couple minutes then I'm good to go. For the price it's worth the small adjustment- it really does work well, my makeup lasts all day.
Enthusiast: Makeupon July 17, 2016
I absolutely love this stuff.
It is my go to.
I have an uneven skin tone, so I thought I'd try this when I saw it at Walmart one day. (My Walmart no longer sells it, so I've been purchasing on Amazon).
This stuff is AMAZING.
You put it on and your skin feels SO soft, you wont even believe that it's your skin. I'm not exaggerating one bit. This is the best primer I have ever owned.
I like that it gets rid of redness ever so slightly and you can feel the softness on your skin through your makeup and throughout the whole day.
on July 14, 2017
I've tried many of Elf's primers, and I love them all! I really like the mineral infused one and the tone adjusting green primer. Both apply like liquid silk and dry to an almost powdery finish. It helps me spread my expensive foundation easily and not waste product. It also makes my pores look a bit smaller and my skin overall looks and feels smoother. I am a repeat customer, and you really can't beat the price on amazon with free delivery!
on February 13, 2017
So I don't love it and I don't hate it either. I own a few ELF primers and they're all pretty similar. Feels very much like a layer of slippery silicone when applied. I have recently started using a technique from a makeup artist to apply moisturizer OVER my primer, which actually seems to make all of my primers work about the same. There is just nothing that truly stands out about this primer and if you're just looking for an affordable primer, it will work just fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.