Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on June 9, 2012
Have dappled in genealogy before, but this product induced me to enter people, pictures, stories etc. So now all those scraps of paper are organized into a beautiful format. The "source" files make it a breeze to document. The program has features for people at my level of genealogy and appears to have far deeper aspects for those who know much more. Only downside I see is no pdf manual.
on March 20, 2013
Installed. It works. Transferred 4500+ person genealogy to it. Now I have to acquaint myself with use vs. Family Tree Maker, the software I used for more than 10 years. That will take time. But as far as I can see Reunion is the best alternative for genealogist using a Mac. FTM destroyed their product.
on June 24, 2012
I received the program on Saturday. Started to input data today - Talk about a user friendly program. It's GREAT. No problems from the program so far - Just some mis-steps by me. I look forward to getting all my data entered and follow up with some research. If you struggle with other programs, you won't with this one. I will follow up with more info in a month or so. Don't wait - get this program - You'll love it.
on January 6, 2014
As those of you who have tried different genealogy programs for Mac know, that can be tricky. I have used The Master Genealogist (pc ONLY) for years and have loved its thorough and extensive features. I really wanted something that I could use on my iMac now that I have made the switch from pc. GEDCOMs have their (extreme) limitations when importing files. That is a simple fact. Reunion 10 imported my GEDCOM as well as can be expected and now I am in the process of correcting and sorting before I can use the program fully. It divides data into "Events" and "Facts" and the GEDCOM has no such division. If you are converting from some other program, expect to put in some time and effort putting things right. The import photos from iPhoto is a nice feature. I think I am going to enjoy the simplicity and functionality of this program once I get beyond the initial phase. I will report more in the future.
on October 31, 2013
I have used a few other Family History Software programs over the years. I needed something to work on a Mac computer. I use both Mac and PC based software programs. This, for me, is an excellent software program. There are many features which are quite intuitive and easy to learn. Adding documents, photos and even short videos has been quite easy to upload and to share with family. Like all new software it takes a little getting used to it - however once you have it formatted the manner in which you like to work it is easy to use. I like the ability to customized my reports, pictures, and individual information.
on March 18, 2013
Somehow the first disk I received was blank...I contacted them and they sent a replacement right away.
This is the BEST option for Family History available for us HARD CORE Macintosh people...
Don't cross over to the dark side (PC) get this software!
on November 24, 2012
I already had a goodly number of my ancestors entered in Reunion 9 which was an okay program but far from intuitive or user friendly so I had some reservations about Reunion 10. "Read Me First" presented a very clear roadmap and the installation and integration of existing material in the new format was seamless. I haven't begun to explore all the bells and whistles but the home screen for each person is so well presented and the options menus so near at hand and so easy to return to the starting point. I am not very good with figuring out relationships, but Reunion 10 tells me that with each family member. This feature alone has made the process of learning about my people so much more meaningful.

As far as I can tell, the software designers have done an excellent job of describing the programs attributes and capabilities.
on October 8, 2013
I recently purchased a Mac and am in the process of purchasing Mac software that will read and convert my files made in Windows one of which is a rather large genealogy file. Reunion is rated as the best Mac genealogical software. I have tried three genealogy applications for the Mac and to say that Reunion is the best isn't saying much because none compare with genealogy software for Windows. None provide the same easily understood options for entering data which are present in even the least costly Windows genealogy software and all are difficult to navigate.

All Windows genealogy software offers the same option for entering dates including those spanning several years. For example; An event, such as military service or employment may have begun in 1954 and continued until 1990. It may also include specific dates in that time span. In Windows genealogy software this can be entered for example as 10/14/1954-1/7/1990 which the software converts to Oct 14, 1954-Jan 7, 1990. GEDCOM files can be created which include this data which can be read without error by virtually every Windows genealogy application. On the other hand, Mac genealogy software cannot comprehend this type of entry and lists it as not proper GEDCOM information and inserts a ? in place of the -. It is rather strange that numerous Windows genealogy applications can comprehend the date span entry but none of the few Mac applications have that ability and list it as an incorrect entry. It may be incorrect for a Mac but not for the rest of the world.

This inability of Reunion and other Mac genealogy software to understand date entries across a span of years in a GEDCOM creates a big problem for anyone trying to transfer data between the Windows and Mac platforms. There are two choices. Either you go through your entire data base (which may include thousands of names) or start over from scratch. Starting from scratch is difficult as well because the Mac genealogy software does not have the same data entry protocols or organization as Windows genealogy software. For years Mac users have lamented the lack of genealogy software for their operating system. I now understand their dilemma.
on February 9, 2014
Until I found "Reunion", my family history search was one of files and notes
that became less and less connected. Thanks to this program
my head did not spin off and I was able to make sense of it all.
on April 1, 2013
We are now able to print reports, whereas, our previous version did not offer this function.

It is easy to use and we have never had any issues with its performance.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.