Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 427 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 457 reviews
on December 27, 2012
I wasn't too excited about this order. There are many bad reviews regarding non-OEM sync cables. So I wasn't going to be too surprised if it didn't work.
So when I ordered it, it shipped extremely fast within a few days. Thanks to PowerDigital247.
Anyway. The cord is a bit short for my liking, but my main concern is if it gets the job done...And boy it does.
I can only say this for my 4th generation iPod shuffle.
It charges and syncs.
The first time I used it, I had ONE HICCUP.
During my syncing process, it briefly disconnected and reconnected. Strangely it didn't happen again.
My take on this product can and may change in the future. If I have any problems, I'll make an updated review.

-UPDATE 4/11/14
So I tried syncing and it was no go. The Shuffle ended up getting 'bricked'. The cable was only good for charging and not syncing. I ended up buying an OEM Genuine cable. Although the Apple MSRP isn't worth it, I recommend you find one for less than $10 because you won't have to end up buying multiple generic ones.

-Update 5/10/14
Does not charge, not sync. Ended up in the bin.
I'd give it a 2.5 stars. Considering it gave me a couple of years of use.
on August 13, 2013
My old (Apple brand) charger for my shuffle stopped working, and it was between this one and Apple's official charger. Apple's official chargers tend to be hilariously expensive and break anyway, so why not try this $3 job? For $3 I was almost expecting it not to work.

But! It works. It works great. Ipod charges, connects to the computer without having to jerryrig anything, which was more than I could say for the Apple brand charger. No problems whatsoever. Have been using it for a couple months. What more could you want?

My shuffle is the second generation - slightly wider than the current shuffle.

***EDIT 10/20/2013***

Ha. Now I understand. When I pull it out of the computer the casing comes right off the plug, whether I pull it by the casing or the cord. Still works though, which is more than I can say for my Apple brand charger.
on January 1, 2014
I ordered the cable on Oct 26, 2013 and it arrived towards the end of December. When it arrived, it didn't work at all.

Save your money and don't take a chance. From the reviews it seems like most people either got a cable that didn't work or broke fairly quickly. i should have paid more attention to the reviews before I purchased.
on April 13, 2013
I bought this item from Powerdigital247. It arrived early, and so far it has worked perfectly. I have only used it for a few days, and I have not had any problems so far. Hopefully, I wont have any problems like many of the other reviewers mention.

The best thing about this cable is the price factor. If it works just like the genuine Apple cable then why not buy this instead of spending ~$20. The only thing that is worrying me is that many reviewers claim it breaks within a couple uses. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I will update my review to reflect that. For now though, 5/5 stars for working great.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 19, 2013
This is a handy connector because there is no cable to tangle up, so when you need a connection close to the source, this makes sense. I have it plugged into a USB hub on my desktop computer. It makes it very easy to connect and charge peripheral devices, and doesn't mess up my desk any more than it already is.

I've had this for several months and it still works fine.
on June 14, 2017
Product was as expected and received sooner than expected.
on February 15, 2016
Wanted to give this a few days/weeks a some charges before giving a proper review.

So i've had this for a while now and charged my iPod shuffle more than 10+, both with USB outlet adapters and with a machine. Both have worked flawlessly and the cable does not show any signs of wear or possible weak points. Who knows how it will look in a year or 2, but for the price and what its done, i'd say all my expectations have been filled 100%
on June 12, 2013
This arrived broken. I just read the negative 1 star reviews and see now several other people had the same exact problem I had. The metal usb plug came detached from the circuit board. It actually arrived to me broken. You'd think they'd do some type of quality assurance, but obviously not. I think for the people that got a working product, they were happy. But I wouldn't expect it to last long. The build quality is pretty crappy. I will say I was able to push the circuit board/ plug back into the housing and it worked for a few times then stopped. Also, this thing wouldn't even plug into my USB as it arrived. I had to bend the USB plug, prying it open quite a bit, before it would fit the USB male end on my laptop. It was bent pretty bad. Anyways, just a heads up.
on January 14, 2014
It's becoming a regular occurrence of crap being sold through Amazon. I purchased this very object from 123-NEWISLAND through this website, as I have many things before. This cable broke into 3 pieces the very 1st time I simply removed it from the USB port. Unbelievable! Although I'm sure other places sell this very cable, and it is a good product, I can personally assure you that 123-NEWISLAND sells junk! Consider this a warning...DO NOT PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM 123-NEWISLAND. Being that it's not worth time, effort of money to return...I just might as well of crumbled up $7.00 and thrown it in the garbage...as I'll be doing with the pieces remaining from my purchase.
on September 26, 2014
You get what you pay for, right? I ordered it and it took forever to arrive, although I was expecting that because it is clearly stated when you purchase. When it arrived it looked good but the materials felt cheap to the touch. I used it to charge the shuffle once and it worked perfectly fine. However the first time I connected it to my computer it stopped working completely. The computer read the ipod when i plugged it in, but it immediately said it was disconnected and the cord stopped working after that. Bought a new apple one from a local store and that works flawlessly.